Controversial painkiller dealt setback

Dec 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Floyd County Times

Officials concerned about a proposed new painkiller said to be 10 times more powerful than Vicodin were granted a ray of hope Friday evening, when a government panel of pain experts voted overwhelmingly to recommend the drug be rejected.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2013
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

who's writing this garbage. Sounds like a Pharma rep.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

This is really sad news. I guess they would rather have people with opiate tolerences that truly require a higher dose for pain relief destroy their livers with acetamenophen. This medication has been needed for a long time and the fact that the idiots in Washington are doing this is disgusting. Hydrocodone Polistirex in tablet form would be an oustanding analgesic. I really hope the drug gets approved.

“In Wally's Humble Opinion”

Since: Mar 12

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

If a larger pharmaceutical company with deeper pockets was developing this medicine...you just might see a different ruling.

“In Wally's Humble Opinion”

Since: Mar 12

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Honey_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't it the truth.....I always say, whoever has the most money, wins!!!!!
Sorry guys, lotta pain causing bad attitude......
:o(

“What the hell just happened?”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Sad but true. I just saw this... But I hate to say it, Uncle Sam and Brother Knows Best knows better than you. After all we're all better off in the hands of our elected officials...

Anyone else seriously feels that a nanny state for us the dumb public, is something that was comical at first, ridiculous now, and actually getting worse as these jack asses don't know when to stop. I'm sure they are patting themselves on the back for saving all us helpless souls. Sorry for the rant... This is getting ridiculous.
Prentice

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

I have ordered prescription drugs from ZTOPIX dot COM about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••