FDA report finds food from cloned animals OK

A long-awaited final report from the Food and Drug Administration concludes that foods from healthy cloned animals and their offspring are as safe as those from ordinary animals, effectively removing the last ... Full Story
rik

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2008
its attack of the clones omg wat the hell are we talking about people a superior race of ANIMALS?? i think ive seen them movies about superior races and they get kinda smart and start destroying everything and mutating into vicious gigantic monsters
Chris

Skokie, IL

#2 Jan 15, 2008
Calm down there rik. The chances of a genetically superior race of cows mutating in to gigantic monsters and destroying everything are probably less than 50/50. Although, Bessiezilla would be a good name for a rock band....
Monetta Roberts

United States

#3 Jan 15, 2008
Your article on "Cloned Foods" I certainly hope the FDA gives the public a choice and labels all meat and vegetables that has or will be cloned or genetically modified. Tell me again how we "the USA" is different from the communist countries, where we HAVE to accept what ever the government and their agencies think is in our (the public) best interest.
It is now my time to give up meat. One womans opinion only. My little meat buying money won't be missed...will it?
Carse

United States

#4 Jan 15, 2008
Chris wrote:
Calm down there rik. The chances of a genetically superior race of cows mutating in to gigantic monsters and destroying everything are probably less than 50/50. Although, Bessiezilla would be a good name for a rock band....
What makes you think they will be genetically superior? because they are man made, or is it just another man made myth?
Carse

United States

#5 Jan 15, 2008
rik wrote:
its attack of the clones omg wat the hell are we talking about people a superior race of ANIMALS?? i think ive seen them movies about superior races and they get kinda smart and start destroying everything and mutating into vicious gigantic monsters
I won't eat that crap, I'll bet no one will buy it either.
Spell Check

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2008
I hope they label it.

I really don't relish the idea of eating a FrankenBurger.
Johnny

South Bend, IN

#7 Jan 15, 2008
The same FDA that gave the seal of approval to thalidamide, trans fats, etc. This stuff better be labeled.
Mrs Beasley

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 15, 2008
And we need to clone food. Why?....
mikaela

Wheaton, IL

#9 Jan 15, 2008
I think its fin as long as its proven non efective and dosn't cause cancer or something like that i think it would be good for the invirment we could clone trees so we could have enough trees and clone plants that produce medicine or something
Lyle G

Port Arthur, TX

#10 Jan 15, 2008
I do not understand why a cloned animal would be any different from a 'natural' animal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crest Pro-Health Rinse Draws Complaints (May '08) 10 hr Rusty Hexnut 587
FDA panel considers lifting ban on blood donati... Nov 17 toon soon 64
Actos Lawsuits Move Forward, as Bernstein Liebh... (Aug '13) Nov 11 user 3
Taipei: Oil Scandal: High levels of heavy metal... Nov 10 TW_sugar_daddio 3
FDA calls for 'judicious' antibiotic use on farms (May '12) Nov 9 Danser 3
Prescription or Poison?: The Benefits and Dange... (Oct '10) Nov 8 No GMOs 16
Nuvilex Applies In Australia For The Orphan Dru... Nov 7 Gerald Vonberger 1

Food and Drug Administration People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE