Rocky Houston met deputy with rifle in hand, witness testifies

Jul 23, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Knoxville News Sentinel

Rocky Joe Houston stepped off his brother's front porch to meet a Roane County deputy with a semiautomatic rifle in his hand, a witness testified today.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2011
Brenda S Hembree

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Where was the warrant?
question

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

you don't have to have the warrent in your hands if you know they are wanted.
Dan Miller

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Judged:

The Houstons are rednecks. Everyone knows that you do not greet police officers with guns. Only an indiot would believe this was self defense. I say it was self defense on the part of the Deputy and passenger.

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Judged:

Dan Miller wrote:
The Houstons are rednecks. Everyone knows that you do not greet police officers with guns. Only an indiot would believe this was self defense. I say it was self defense on the part of the Deputy and passenger.
When that deputy has been cruising around southern Roane County, patting his gun holster and telling people: "Tell Rocky I've got something for him" (actual testimony from the trial), if you're name is Rocky you just might meet him with a gun in hand.

Regardless of what happened, it was a stupid thing to say.
Karen Sue

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

Im with Dan Miller: I guess this good ole boy got a little more than he bargained for and now he's dead....no tears shed here....

Its about time citizens started fighting back when cops go bad...Self Defense and Not Guilty...
Karen Sue

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

oops I meant to say Im with David Divelbliss...sorry for the mistake..yikes
Brian

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

You people look too far into these things! The police approched the home to serve him for not going to court, He approched the officers with a gun in hand!! YOU DON'T APPROCH THE POLICE WITH A GUN!! BOTTOM LINE!! SELF DEFENSE MY ASS WHAT DID HE THINK THE COPS WHERE THERE TO JUST KILL HIM IN COLD BLOOD.....COME ON PEOPLE REALY!!!!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

Brian wrote:
WHAT DID HE THINK THE COPS WHERE THERE TO JUST KILL HIM IN COLD BLOOD.....COME ON PEOPLE REALY!!!!!!
Yes he did think that. A former-fellow deputy sheriff (Melissa Heidelberger) testified that Jones talked about shooting Rocky Houston at roll call earlier that same day. Two local residents testified that Jones spoke about it to them shortly before this happened.
When you go around mouthing like that, it tends to travel around and get back to the person.
Anyone who followed this trial

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

(sentence got cut-off)

Anyone who followed this trial knows about this testimony.
MCS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

I understand there is a very long and complicated back-story with the Houston family and the Roane Co. government.
Frank

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

Where it is a crime to meet a law officer with a gun in your hand? As long as you are not pointing it at them FIRST. If the police opened fire first, as has been reported--this was an act of self defense on the part of Houston and his brother and they should be found NOT GUILTY.

A police officer is not allowed to just open fire at you because he/she/they may not like you...this is still America.
Don

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

Brian wrote:
YOU DON'T APPROCH THE POLICE WITH A GUN!! BOTTOM LINE!! SELF DEFENSE MY ASS WHAT DID HE THINK THE COPS WHERE THERE TO JUST KILL HIM IN COLD BLOOD.....COME ON PEOPLE REALY!!!!!!
Why? It is not a crime to have a rifle in your hand on your property...even IF the police roll into your drive way...

As for killing him in cold blood....look around..take a look at the killer cop in California who shot the unarmed man in the back as he lay face down at the train station in Alameda County on New Years eve...just shot him in the back....

there have been too many killings of unarmed civilians by police who think they can get away with it....it is time society holds the police criminally accountable for their egregious actions. The police need MORE controls placed on them.
MysteryRyders

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

Threats towards me from ANYONE cop or not would be met with same. I and anyone else has the right to defend themseleves from threats made regardless. NEVER take a threat lightly. You might end up like these two did.. DEAD!
All Smiles

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

I love them and i'm good friends with his son the cops had no biz messen with them back to back so i don't feel bad for what happened they got what they deserved don't like my opinion fuck yourself don't really care bc its called an OPINION FOR A REASON fyi i don't recall anyone checking how many bullets the cops shot before they dies hummmm sound about right making it sound like they killed them asap sounds like roane county to me.....I would shake rocky's hand til this day =0)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent US Federal Bureau of Investigation Discussions

Search the US Federal Bureau of Investigation Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
bus driver investigation? 7 hr wildcard 1
nOTICE! 16 hr donotallowthis 8
UFO Memo Tops FBI's Most-Viewed List (Jan '14) Mon John 4
Lok s likes all over! Mon John 1
County official in Texas accused of taking bribes Jul 26 paddyomalley 1
Nude photos triggered warrant for Whittier man (Feb '10) Jul 26 Christy8623 28
FBI: Information on child migrants stolen in scam Jul 26 Bama Yankee 1
•••
•••