FBI puts full-time corruption squad i...

FBI puts full-time corruption squad in Palm Beach County -- Sou...

There are 136 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Aug 7, 2007, titled FBI puts full-time corruption squad in Palm Beach County -- Sou.... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

The FBI is establishing a full-time, permanent public-corruption squad in Palm Beach County, after a series of criminal cases that brought down two county and two West Palm Beach city commissioners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
clsny

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Aug 7, 2007
Well, Lois "Boss Tweed" Frankel and the rest of West Palm Tammany Hall must be shaking in their collective boots (combat boots, likely in this case). Will shining some sunlight into a notorious black hole of corruption and villainy have any affect? Stay tuned, Palm Beach residents and for the love of Pete stop "voting Tammany"...
man

Jupiter, FL

#3 Aug 7, 2007
what a waste of our money the FBI should concentrate on the corruption of way more than this. People are getting killed everyday and robbed and violated. People running for office should have to go through a backround check from the FBI prior to being on a ballot. I want terrorism and immigration to be number one. These local politicians should be exposed prior to the election process. We are such a joke of a country at times. I was thinking about buying some milk in the next few day's maybe that should get looked into. Is this the 1920's I do not think so. After the fact sucks. Let's fix some bridges. How about that?
ya think

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Aug 7, 2007
Dear Mr. Delaney, I fully understand that you are a busy busy man. But,would you please come to Broward County? If you can't come, you can send some of your associates. I'm sure you will be kept busy here too. You're needed and wanted here (or at least the public wants you here, the elected officials, well, not so much). Anyways, I'm sure we can find some office space for you and your staff. Might I suggest you call Hugh Anderson, he's got lots of buildings he can sell you, mostly on the water, for a great price too! Come on down!
Franco

AOL

#5 Aug 8, 2007
Always remember:
POWER CORRUPTS & ABSOLUTE POWER, CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY !!!
sarah

Ooltewah, TN

#6 Aug 8, 2007
Welcome to Guatemala.

“a failure to communicate...”

Since: Jul 07

United States

#7 Aug 8, 2007
OK, Who's next? Addie Green, maybe?
Larry

Hollywood, FL

#8 Aug 8, 2007
First the Feds took over the housing in Miami-Dade, and now this in Palm Beach... Are the Feds just going to take over all of South Florida next? Too funny.
fred

Delray Beach, FL

#9 Aug 8, 2007
1. if the shoe fits, wear it.
2. too little, too late.

anybody??
Stay awhile

East Berlin, CT

#10 Aug 8, 2007
Please scrutinize everything and everyone in Palm Beach County.

There is absolutely indication that inside information is being used by the people in power to line their pockets.

Take your time and do a thorough job.
Look at everyone. Look at the past. Look at the land agents. The relationship between BCC and PZB and those agents are TOO friendly!
whatshanging

Longwood, FL

#11 Aug 8, 2007
I wonder if the "Lobbyist Welcome Wagon" will be serving coffee and doughnuts. Do you think they will get a "Fresh from Florida" comp package. Will Charlie & CO be there to great them and let those agents call him, The Peoples Governor!!
Wait till they see that crime cruises in Porsche's Rolls and Segway scooters..with "fake" hair, teeth breasts, tummy tucks and the leftover of the Fountain of Youth..maybe Middle Aged!!
Almost a native

United States

#12 Aug 8, 2007
How does Broward escape the spotlight? Between the commissioners and the school board, there is plenty of graft.
verdugo

Boynton Beach, FL

#14 Aug 8, 2007
Mr. Delaney,
Welcome to chadsville.You should locate your office in Boynton Beach.That way you wont have to far to drive on our busy I-95.There will be plenty of work for you here in Boynton Beach.
Save gas also.
Opportunity for big headlines.Msrs McCoy and McCray wont have to go to the Attorney General
Helio

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Aug 8, 2007
Proof that all governments from teeny little towns to the Federal boys are breeding grounds for corruption.
Anarchy Now.
Bill Neubauer

West Palm Beach, FL

#16 Aug 8, 2007
It is to be hoped that Palm Beach County voters will recognize a wake-up call: Continuing to re-elect incumbent office holders carries some costly risks. Voters should be ashamed that federal investigators had to come here to weed out the corrupt officials who should have been ousted at the polls. Although perhaps not all current officials are corrupt, the safest course for voters is to vote against all incumbents.
Then there is the matter of their partners in crime. Presumably the federal corruption task force will limit its work to corrupt elected officials. But their partners in crime should not be allowed to go free.
And in the matter of "going free," judges shouldn't be allowing convicted felons to be walking the streets, like ex-Commissioner Masilotti. He should be in the slammer, not walking free.
It takes someone with legal training to understand who is responsible for making the partners of felonious public officials accountable for their part in the crimes, but it seems strange that the state attorney, Barry Krischer, doesn't seem to be interested.
maz-4000

United States

#17 Aug 8, 2007
I thought this only happens in Dade Banana Republic County.
Fedup

Spartanburg, SC

#18 Aug 8, 2007
Please Mr. FBI don't stop at County Commissioners try some of the County Administrators and Department Directors. You will find some interesting things also happening at that level.
Wise Guy

AOL

#19 Aug 8, 2007
We need the FBI in Hollywood. Maybe then we can get the sham CRA's off our back and have a decent government. FBI - PLEASE COME TO HOLLYWOOD
Vet

Miami, FL

#20 Aug 8, 2007
Intresting ,,,,,,, i hope they will also handle cases from Broward too .
FLAMINGO PARK QUEEN

Powder Springs, GA

#21 Aug 8, 2007
Please Mr.FBI man, focus on Lois Frankelstein and Addie "In Dem Ol' Cotton Fields Back Home" Green.
Boomer

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Aug 8, 2007
The higher ups in Planning seem to have an unhealty reverence for the BCC also. Check all the items that the County Zoning staff initially did not approve yet the BCC did approve. This then compelled the Zoning staff to to reverse their initial findings to pay homage at the altar of the BCC.

Look at how many Zoning staff members have left the department. There is a lot of discontent within their ranks, and they seem to think their hands are tied. They do their job and do it well, only to be reversed by King Burt and his Jestors. I'm sure there are lots of dark secrets within the Zoning Department too.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Federal Bureau of Investigation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite threat, Remembrance Parade marches thro... 37 min Sterling 8
News Trump reacts to Flynn's guilty plea by slamming... 7 hr Cujo 116
News Biggest police error over JonBenet revealed by ... (Dec '16) Mon KCinNYC 11
Wisconsin ishas this new phone service/tv phone... Sun Dee 1
News Twenty years later, there's little hope that Jo... (Dec '16) Sun Texxy 19
News 'The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey': Everything We L... (Apr '17) Dec 10 Texxy 4
News Authorities believe they found body of missing ... Dec 8 shot taker 5
More from around the web