Forbes lists Bridgeport as fourth-dirtiest city in U.S.

Dec 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Connecticut Post

Citing blighted buildings, polluted property and poor air quality, Forbes Magazine named Bridgeport as the fourth "dirtiest city" in America.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

I just thought it was because of all the raunchy strip bars.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Wrong again, my friend.
BPT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

This wouldn`t be an issue without BPT`s black population. Kneegroids have no respect for property or people, and ruin everything in their path.
BPT

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

downtown is a disgrace.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Downtown is getting better.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Maybe Fnich would make a better streetsweeper than 'mayor'...?
Bertrand

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Downtown is getting better.
There is no "Downtown" there is only an intersection in front of the court house with a street vendor cart...

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Bertrand wrote:
<quoted text>There is no "Downtown" there is only an intersection in front of the court house with a street vendor cart...
Used to be that way- definitely not the case any more. A dozen bar/restaurants have sprung up in a small area, from the courthouse to peoples bank, and also towards Layfayette Plaza. Check it out, there are family places, classy singles places, and noisy dance places. There have not been any stories of muggings, thefts, or assaults associated with all that, either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

#8 make many interesting points, God bless him and his cats, and bed bugs.
Bertrand

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Used to be that way- definitely not the case any more. A dozen bar/restaurants have sprung up in a small area, from the courthouse to peoples bank, and also towards Layfayette Plaza. Check it out, there are family places, classy singles places, and noisy dance places. There have not been any stories of muggings, thefts, or assaults associated with all that, either.
and there won't be given the amount of police (on/off duty doesn't seem to matter actually) that hang by them. most calls handled o"on the fly" so that locati9ons can be fudged..Girls still working doorways withen 2 blocks of the court steps, sugar ain't the only thing on the rest tables..Same four or five cars cruien the blocks carring the "freight" for the alleyway boys..When there were only a couple of rest that was beleiveable given the pop and traffic now you got to be bling=d to not see whats goin on..

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Bertrand wrote:
<quoted text>and there won't be given the amount of police (on/off duty doesn't seem to matter actually) that hang by them. most calls handled o"on the fly" so that locati9ons can be fudged..Girls still working doorways withen 2 blocks of the court steps, sugar ain't the only thing on the rest tables..Same four or five cars cruien the blocks carring the "freight" for the alleyway boys..When there were only a couple of rest that was beleiveable given the pop and traffic now you got to be bling=d to not see whats goin on..
I think you're in a time warp called '1990'.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Only the fourth? Didn't they take into consideration the nations highest asthma rate? At least they mentioned the polluted properties, maybe they will finally admit that asthma and lung cancer is also caused by the fumes from the illegal dumping seeping into homes.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
....that's just during the day. Wait until the sun goes down!
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Bertrand wrote:
<quoted text>and there won't be given the amount of police (on/off duty doesn't seem to matter actually) that hang by them. most calls handled o"on the fly" so that locati9ons can be fudged..Girls still working doorways withen 2 blocks of the court steps, sugar ain't the only thing on the rest tables..Same four or five cars cruien the blocks carring the "freight" for the alleyway boys..When there were only a couple of rest that was beleiveable given the pop and traffic now you got to be bling=d to not see whats goin on..
are you dyslexic, do you just have a lisp or are your fingers on the wrong keys? We're trying to figure out what the heck you're saying!! Proof reading helps.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>are you dyslexic, do you just have a lisp or are your fingers on the wrong keys? We're trying to figure out what the heck you're saying!! Proof reading helps.
I'm sorry but the downtown area is not as bad as he describes it... there are now several areas that are blossoming into great night life spots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Very true, Citizen.
cha02m

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but the downtown area is not as bad as he describes it... there are now several areas that are blossoming into great night life spots.
Downtown Bridgeport is still dead. Only bus-train-court house area u see small amount of people.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Downtown Bpt. will never return to the once beautiful area it was years ago with all it's stores, theaters and of course the infamous, arcade. All that remain now are peoples memories of the way it was.
I'm sorry but, "great" night life spots do not make a great city and can no way replace the thrills of shopping in it's once seemingly endless rows of stores. Ask anyone who experienced this in the 50's & 60's.
Bertrand

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Come down and walk around four or five blocks with me at 11:30pm or later..Explain to me how great it is..You all sound like peoples employees that leave the fortress once a month when the cafe closes .Come down during the night,lets walk up from the train station to lafayette Blvd by way of the side streets..lets listen to whats going on in the parking garages..observe the action in the doorways..Watch the cops disapear when the free food closes,,Better lets go during the day..Jury Duty?..deep desire to eat at the "dealers" McDonalds?..Maybe you need a new "imported" T-Shirt or a Tattoo? Walk North;oh better not ..nothing untiljuvy hall or Sheahan Center(about half mile)..Ever hang out an hour after the arena empties? walk around? Bet not,without numbers or guards..There is no downtown except for preditors and their prey...Oh Yeah.I'm here almost every night so I'll be lookin out for ya..carry cash..LOL

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Bertrand wrote:
Come down and walk around four or five blocks with me at 11:30pm or later..Explain to me how great it is..You all sound like peoples employees that leave the fortress once a month when the cafe closes .Come down during the night,lets walk up from the train station to lafayette Blvd by way of the side streets..lets listen to whats going on in the parking garages..observe the action in the doorways..Watch the cops disapear when the free food closes,,Better lets go during the day..Jury Duty?..deep desire to eat at the "dealers" McDonalds?..Maybe you need a new "imported" T-Shirt or a Tattoo? Walk North;oh better not ..nothing untiljuvy hall or Sheahan Center(about half mile)..Ever hang out an hour after the arena empties? walk around? Bet not,without numbers or guards..There is no downtown except for preditors and their prey...Oh Yeah.I'm here almost every night so I'll be lookin out for ya..carry cash..LOL
Puuleeez.... I hate democrats so much that I'd be the first one to point out the dysfunction, but what you're describing is the '90's, dude. You don't see the prostitutes walking around anymore. There are lots of nice places, like Two Boots, etc. Those are family places, they have quality food and entertainment, the areas outside are safe. Period.

I'll look for you too; I guess since you want my cash you must be a lazy scumbag from the ghetto, LOL. Locked and loaded.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Discussions

Search the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Spotlight on Green News & Views: Keeping fossil... 1 hr Medewiwin 2
Dental amalgam: Anti-mercury movement pushes fo... (Apr '13) 8 hr DrsRossandGreer 3
Waterless urinals get the flush (Feb '10) Wed Gixxer 51
Illinois cities to hold hazardous waste collection Apr 7 Hazardous Waste 1
Winnebago ethanol plant fined $100,000 (Aug '09) Apr 6 Fuel-Testers 10
Global warming comment sets off tempest at IDEM Apr 3 litesong 1
EPA: Oil spill affected half-mile of Lake Michigan Mar 26 Judges Indabag 1
•••
•••
•••
•••