Farmington City Council to oppose haz...

Farmington City Council to oppose haze-reduction plan for San Juan Generating Station

There are 47 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Aug 12, 2013, titled Farmington City Council to oppose haze-reduction plan for San Juan Generating Station. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

San Juan Generating Station is seen on Monday, July 29, 2013, in Waterflow. Some Farmington city officials say they no longer support a state plan to reduce haze at San Juan Generating Station.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
because

Huntsville, AL

#1 Aug 12, 2013
we like polluting parts of 4 states.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Aug 13, 2013
I propose we burn more coal!
Obviously

Huntsville, AL

#3 Aug 13, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
I propose we burn more coal!
the mercury has affected your brain.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 13, 2013
Obviously wrote:
<quoted text>
the mercury has affected your brain.
Easier than that: Electricity is a good thing. Being warm in the winter is a good thing. Being cool in the summer is a good thing. High paying jobs are a good thing. Flipping a switch and having the lights come on is a good thing.

The reverse: high energy costs, rolling blackouts, freezing in the winter, and a low paying unskilled service economy, are all all "less than good" things.

I think it's been proven now that "Dear Leader" Barack Obama cannot save us.
Ben Dover

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 13, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Easier than that: Electricity is a good thing. Being warm in the winter is a good thing. Being cool in the summer is a good thing. High paying jobs are a good thing. Flipping a switch and having the lights come on is a good thing.
The reverse: high energy costs, rolling blackouts, freezing in the winter, and a low paying unskilled service economy, are all all "less than good" things.
I think it's been proven now that "Dear Leader" Barack Obama cannot save us.
Heat? Lights? Jobs? Who says we need any of those things? We're supposed to live by sharing the stuff we take from those who earned it, and then leave the mess for "The Man" to clean up. Haven't you ever been to a Rainbow Family gathering?
Baby puncher

United States

#6 Aug 13, 2013
The biggest electric load center in NM is in Abq where 60% of the electricity goes to. Build these f-ing coal burning polluters in your backyard, not mine. My electricity comes from hyroelectric dams on the Colorado river. No muss, no fuss.
Ben Dover

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Aug 13, 2013
Baby puncher wrote:
The biggest electric load center in NM is in Abq where 60% of the electricity goes to. Build these f-ing coal burning polluters in your backyard, not mine. My electricity comes from hyroelectric dams on the Colorado river. No muss, no fuss.
Except that liberals hate hydroelectric power too. They sue to stop new hydroelectric projects, and fight to have current ones torn down.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2009/09...

They'd rather have us sitting in the heat and cold in the dark. They're idiots.
Baby puncher

Pleasanton, CA

#8 Aug 13, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that liberals hate hydroelectric power too. They sue to stop new hydroelectric projects, and fight to have current ones torn down.
Thank you for proving my point! If the dipwads in southern CA want electricity for their convience, then let them build generators in their backyard. Hey, like restarting San Onofre. People in the NW get enough electricity from local eco-friendly generators; they don't need these monstrities.
The

Huntsville, AL

#9 Aug 13, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>

liar Cary thinks that is what the choice is.
Just

Huntsville, AL

#10 Aug 13, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
then leave the mess for "The Man" to clean up.
like the extraction industries.
Nope

Huntsville, AL

#11 Aug 13, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>

Haven't you ever been to a Rainbow Family gathering?

but with your handle, I suppose you fly the rainbow flag.
Methinks

Huntsville, AL

#12 Aug 13, 2013
Ben Around

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Heat? Lights? Jobs? Who says we need any of those things? We're supposed to live by sharing the stuff we take from those who earned it, and then leave the mess for "The Man" to clean up. Haven't you ever been to a Rainbow Family gathering?
This is a discussion forum, NOT a place for you to try to recruit "business", as you name indicates. How you "earn" your living is your business, don't advertise on this (or ANY!) discussion forum
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Aug 13, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Liberal environmentalist nutjobs oppose ALL forms of practical electrical generation. Even their holy grail, solar and wind, are fought over. Solar takes up too much desert, and wind generators kill birds. Then they fight over the transmission lines, because no one want them "in their backyard". So they've managed to hold back their beloved alternative energy by decades. And then some idiot says everyone should build power plants in their "own backyard"..well, the government won't allow that either. Apparently they think power will be generated by magic.

Between the libs in government, and the lib activists, our nation is being destroyed by traitors from within.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Aug 14, 2013
Baby puncher wrote:
So you're answer is to dam up the Rio Grande and build a hydroelectric power plant? Don't know if you've ever been to Albuquerque, but the Rio Grande ain't the Colorado. We're going to need several hydroelectric dams, so run that by your liberal brethren.

And so much for your "no muss, no fuss" hydro power from the Colorado. Your brethren are trying to screw you.

http://www.livingrivers.net/campaigns/grandca...
more

Huntsville, AL

#16 Aug 14, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>

our nation is being destroyed by traitors from within.
insanity from clueless cary
Baby puncher

Rio Rancho, NM

#17 Aug 14, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're answer is to dam up the Rio Grande and build a hydroelectric power plant? Don't know if you've ever been to Albuquerque, but the Rio Grande ain't the Colorado. We're going to need several hydroelectric dams, so run that by your liberal brethren.
And so much for your "no muss, no fuss" hydro power from the Colorado. Your brethren are trying to screw you.
http://www.livingrivers.net/campaigns/grandca...
If they can dam up the Rio at Elephant Butte, you can do it Abq too. I have confidence in you.

Plenty of other dams along the Colorado besides Glen. Glen was a poor location for a dam according to most geologist who initially studied the location when it was 1st proposed. I have no problem blasting the H out of GC.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Aug 14, 2013
Baby puncher wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can dam up the Rio at Elephant Butte, you can do it Abq too. I have confidence in you.
Plenty of other dams along the Colorado besides Glen. Glen was a poor location for a dam according to most geologist who initially studied the location when it was 1st proposed. I have no problem blasting the H out of GC.
Nice attempt at saving your liberal status. Doesn't work with me, though. Most geologists thought Glen Canyon was the BEST place for the dam..that's why the government decided to put it there. Liberals dreams that blowing up the dam will return Glen Canyon to it's pristine beauty are just that...dreams. The canyon walls will forever be white, because water has permanently leached the color from the sandstone, the silt in the lake bottom has altered the landscape, and the man made channels blasted through the rock just aren't going to regrow the rock no matter what happens. Decommissioning Glen Canyon Dam is the epitome of liberal foolishness. Too many people rely upon the water and power. It was put there for a reason, it needs to stay.

I support MORE dams on the Colorado, not less. In fact, we should be damming up EVERY feasible place in the whole U.S. to save water and produce energy. But the liberals in government will never let it happen.
yep

Huntsville, AL

#19 Aug 14, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
your short-term, dumb ideology trumps everything.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Aug 14, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
your short-term, dumb ideology trumps everything.
Elephant Butte Dam has been there for nearly 100 years, and the current electrical generating turbines were installed in 1940. There are currently no plans to make any changes at Elephant Butte, because it's working exactly as intended. Is 70 to 100 years, with an infinite future, considered "short term" in a nation that's only 237 years old? If you believe so, then "yep", I'm for short term gain.

More hydro power means less need for coal. But dumb liberals don't understand that. In fact, dumb liberals don't understand much of anything:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two tribal organizations are on the frontlines ... 14 hr USA these days 1
News Why we should fear? May 12 tomin cali 2
News Driver Sought Following Chemical Spill on TX Hi... May 5 letty 1
News Elevated levels of lead and copper found in wat... Apr 30 bozo 3
News VW executive to face tough questions from Congr... (Oct '15) Apr 25 Murdochs Chinese ... 17
News American Lung Association Says California Has N... Apr 24 Julie Jane 1
News Monsanto CEO Hugh Grant insists Roundup is safe... Apr 23 Say no to GMOs 1
More from around the web