Kentucky_to_the_EPA_ - Man_up'_or_shu...

Kentucky_to_the_EPA_ - Man_up'_or_shut_up0_1367847455.jpg

There are 1 comment on the News Democrat story from May 6, 2013, titled Kentucky_to_the_EPA_ - Man_up'_or_shut_up0_1367847455.jpg. In it, News Democrat reports that:

During recent stops in Pikeville and Hazard, Sen. Mitch McConnell took aim at the Environmental Protection Agency's rope-a-dope policy that Kentucky's senior senator rightly describes as an "illegitimate" and "back-door means" to permanently destroy eastern Kentucky's economic lifeline, which - like 93 percent of the commonwealth's electricity - is ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Democrat.

Greg R

Pikeville, KY

#1 May 7, 2013
I could give a rat's ass about this problem. Who cares where the electricity comes from when BGENERGY is still a state monopoly? The people have shown their intense discontent for the status quo. Bring in other companies. Give people the option to get competitive rates to lower electric bills. There is no reason to be paying $350+ in a single month. It is robbery. For many years RECC gave the same old rate excuses we are now hearing from BGENERGY. People suspected lies. And guess what? RECC got busted for stealing. And guess who paid for it? The same ones who got ripped off...the people. You think BGENERGY isn't doing the same? I am well aware of who is supposed to be regulating the utility companies. And guess what? That same committee has their pockets filled. They are turning the other cheek while we continue to get scammed.

Wake up people. FORCE this issue. Threaten our dirty politicians to de-monopolize out electric. Else you will vote for someone else. This should be top priority in the state of KY since the quality of life here stinks like it always has. 1/4 of all Ohio are ex-KYians. Wonder why? Because people like mcConnel stink. And we need better than him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Asheville area has high levels of radon gas (Dec '10) Sun Wit Sliman 15
President Obama's ballast water delay (Jun '11) Dec 2 Protest vote or h... 12
News Texan who could lead Trumpa s EPA wants to end ... Nov 30 Solarman 1
News Trump is taking advice on the future of the env... Nov 24 Into The Night 10
News EPA chief: Progress under Obama won't be undone... Nov 21 Solarman 1
News Central Floridians worried after sinkhole conta... Nov 18 indict myron ebell 3
News Shoppers guide to avoiding toxic chemicals Nov 18 infinity BGW Y43 1
More from around the web