Federal proposal for nuclear waste problem in Washington state

Mar 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KLEW-TV Lewiston

Federal officials are looking to ship some 3 million gallons of radioactive waste from Washington state to New Mexico, giving the government more flexibility to deal with leaking tanks at Hanford Nuclear Reservation, officials said Wednesday.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 8, 2013
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

lobbyists are knocking on Congressman Steve Pearce and other Congressman doors, ""convincing them by giving them lobby money"", to bring ""Medium and High level"" radioactive sludge to New Mexico's ""Low Level"" underground storage.

Washington state They want to dump their sh*t in our front door make it New Mexico's problem.

South Eastern New Mexico you are being lied to and you are being stupid. listening to these lying Congressman they are making their money if it goes bad they will just move away just let the stupid peon Mexicans glow.

Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

When assembling nuclear weapons two highly radioactive metals are milled to very precise measurements.

The milling lubricants and coolants are highly contaminated, this is the type of sludge and other highly radioactive isolating sludge manufacturing nuclear weapons.

When these lubricants and coolants from these two highly radioactive metals come in contact with each other the results is not too pleasant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••