A123's Chinese Bailout Deal Draws Critics On Capital Hill

Aug 14, 2012 Full story: Seeking Alpha

As expected, some lawmakers are decrying A123's rescue by Chinese auto tech giant Wanxiang as a giveaway to a "foreign adversary." Since when did China become an enemy of the United States? Since it started bailing out U.S. green technology companies that have backing from the Obama administration, that's when.

Full Story
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#1 Aug 14, 2012
"Such would appear to be the logic of U.S. Rep. Cliff Stearns, R-Fla., who came out strongly last week against the proposed $450 million deal that would give Chinese auto parts giant Wanxiang Group an ownership stake in the financially struggling -- and federally funded -- lithium-ion battery maker A123 Systems."

Yeah, Blah, blah, blah........ This same crap happened in 2004 when IBM sold their PC manufacturing business to Lenovo. Many in the Federal bureauracy had the same reservations of that sell also. The Treasury department investigated CIFUS and we see how that went, now people are talking Lenovo, no one seems to remember the IBM Think Pad. Industry and manufacturing was the first to go, now intellectual property is flying out of this country at an alarming rate. Que the crickets, the last one out of the country, turn off the Chinese manufactured LED lights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Department of Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Decoding virus-host interactions in the oxygen-... Sep 16 Franklin 1
Humans now the major cause of alpine glacier me... Sep 9 Eman 2
Train to nowhere: Feds seeking train cars to ha... Sep 1 BDV 1
Clean-Up at Piketon A-Plant Becomes Concern Aug 24 Bd hurtzer 2
Incumbent candidates win sheriff and mayoral ra... Aug '14 Zeppelin 1
The Energy Department Just Announced $4 Billion... Aug '14 Alison Young 2
Don Brunell | It's not easy being green in the ... Jul '14 Solarman 1
•••

Department of Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE