Government loan to Fisker to be scrutinized in congressional hearing

Apr 23, 2013 Full story: Reuters 63

The U.S. Department of Energy's 2009 decision to grant Fisker Automotive a $529 million loan will be heavily scrutinized on Wednesday during a congressional hearing that is being held as the automaker verges on collapse.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 24, 2013
All these investigations into Obama and Solyndra, now this but Obama never gets punished. Benghazi is starting and Hillary has now been found to be responsible for the wrong that was done there yet nothing ever becomes of it. Corzine walks away etc, etc, etc. It's like never ending proof that Obama and his idiot people are outright criminal and no punishment is ever given. It makes me sick. I'm suprized they slapped Rangal on the wrist and he's even fighting that and stretching out everything. Whatever happened to justice?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2 Apr 24, 2013
For once, I agree with.

Besides Benghazi.

The government shouldn't be "investing" in startup companies, that's what banks are for.

If you can't get a loan there, that should be a red flag,especially with the kind of money needed/requested for these two.

As everyone can see, lot's of room for abuse and ripoffs.
bloodsucking parasites

Sayville, NY

#3 Apr 24, 2013
Hard working American taxpayers should be like the banks and not lend the government any money until they can prove that they don't need it.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#7 Apr 24, 2013
This is what happens when you let the government pick winners and looser instead of the market.

Look what they built a car that cost $ 106,000 less a $7,500 tax payer funded incentive. All this for a car that in the extended range mode only gets 20 mpg and catches on fire. Thanks Obama, there goes 1/4 billion dollars of our money down the drain.

It is not over yet, remember GM, another Obama pick, they should have let the market handle it. The company would have restructured and come out of bankruptcy in a strong enough condition that it could have survived. But watch, another round of government bailouts will be needed.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#8 Apr 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.
George a f@cking liar.
Iraq.

10,000 lives more than Benghazi.

Leve it Le Dimbulb to CHANGE the subject.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#9 Apr 24, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You have to understand the liberal mind is a world of opposites. They scream about the Sequestration, but the only cities airports that are seeing big delays are LA, Chicago, NY and Las Vegas.......all liberal cities. Obama punishes his own, for his own idea and then blames it on republicans and the MSM makes it sound like it's every airport in America.
You just have to understand.

Nutjob teabaggers can't even spell it, let alone follow directions.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
We've known that since the first Barbra Walter's interview where she lied about knowing about Bill's constantly porking other women. She lied about taking Chinese money during her presidential run, FBI Gate and of course Benghazi is her greatest and most serious lie..........well except Vince Vosters suicide they (cough) hid for 24 hours till they got his files cleaned out.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Apr 24, 2013
Vince Foster.....
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#12 Apr 24, 2013
Robert wrote:
This is what happens when you let the government pick winners and looser instead of the market.
Look what they built a car that cost $ 106,000 less a $7,500 tax payer funded incentive. All this for a car that in the extended range mode only gets 20 mpg and catches on fire. Thanks Obama, there goes 1/4 billion dollars of our money down the drain.
It is not over yet, remember GM, another Obama pick, they should have let the market handle it. The company would have restructured and come out of bankruptcy in a strong enough condition that it could have survived. But watch, another round of government bailouts will be needed.
12/19/08

President George W. Bush stepped in Friday to keep America's auto industry afloat, announcing a $17.4 billion bailout for GM and Chrysler, with the terms of the loans requiring that the firms radically restructure and show they can become profitable soon.

"If we were to allow the free market to take its course now, it would almost certainly lead to disorderly bankruptcy," Bush said at the White House, in remarks carried live by the national broadcast networks. "In the midst of a financial crisis and a recession, allowing the U.S. auto industry to collapse is not a responsible course of action. The question is how we can best give it a chance to succeed."

Bush said that "bankruptcy now would lead to a disorderly liquidation of American auto companies."

"My economic advisers believe that such a collapse would deal an unacceptably painful blow to hardworking Americans far beyond the auto industry. It would worsen a weak job market and exacerbate the financial crisis," he said. "It could send our suffering economy into a deeper and longer recession."
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#13 Apr 24, 2013
The redeadlicans and teadeads are so beside themselves over everything, including the time of day, they don't know which way to turn. They offer voters not one reason to ever again consider them serious about America. This frightwing civil war is hilarious.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Apr 24, 2013
I keyed a libs Volt last night at Starbucks, then went inside to tease him about it, and see what kind of man he was. the place was full of ponytailed ex hippies, but I found him, he was sitting there in his Birkenstocks, sipping a double espresso cappucino latte, and bashing Bush on the wifi. When I told him about his car, he fainted, and soiled himself. tough guy, typical
Thievin Obama

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Apr 24, 2013
"The supply chain is broken so they can't get parts on credit anymore and while it is one of the most beautiful cars on the road, there is insufficient demand.."
Go figure. The Gubbermint investing in a company that builds a $100,000.00 car that sucks.
I'm sure it is all just another misunderstanding, and like Solyndra, and lots of other green investments, all the money went for a good cause, i.e. the Obama election fund.
Obama should be tried for fraud, if not treason.
worthless lib scum

Sayville, NY

#16 Apr 24, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
Vince Foster.....
Benghazi survivors.....Vera Baker too.....

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#17 Apr 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
All these investigations into Obama and Solyndra, now this but Obama never gets punished. Benghazi is starting and Hillary has now been found to be responsible for the wrong that was done there yet nothing ever becomes of it. Corzine walks away etc, etc, etc. It's like never ending proof that Obama and his idiot people are outright criminal and no punishment is ever given. It makes me sick. I'm suprized they slapped Rangal on the wrist and he's even fighting that and stretching out everything. Whatever happened to justice?
Whatever happened to telling the truth, fairness, and an honest evaluation of the facts?

And why am I even ASKING someone like YOU this question???

It makes you sick? Hope it gets worse...:)
worthless lib scum

Sayville, NY

#18 Apr 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
I keyed a libs Volt last night at Starbucks, then went inside to tease him about it, and see what kind of man he was. the place was full of ponytailed ex hippies, but I found him, he was sitting there in his Birkenstocks, sipping a double espresso cappucino latte, and bashing Bush on the wifi. When I told him about his car, he fainted, and soiled himself. tough guy, typical
Is that the same cheesedick with the "OBAMA 08" and the "COEXIST" bumper stickers? I thought he drove a Subaru. Got him last week.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#19 Apr 24, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You have to understand the liberal mind is a world of opposites. They scream about the Sequestration, but the only cities airports that are seeing big delays are LA, Chicago, NY and Las Vegas.......all liberal cities. Obama punishes his own, for his own idea and then blames it on republicans and the MSM makes it sound like it's every airport in America.
"Liberal cities," Jesus, you just get dumber and dumber with every post, it seems. Dumber, more dishonest, and more irrelevant.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#20 Apr 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Hillary's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi
Revised version:

Ninthman's a f@cking liar.
Ninthman's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi terrorist lover.

Ninthman's a f@cking liar.
Ninthman's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi terrorist lover.

Ninthman's a f@cking liar.
Ninthman's a f@cking liar.
Benghazi terrorist lover.

..and so on...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#21 Apr 24, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We've known that since the first Barbra Walter's interview where she lied about knowing about Bill's constantly porking other women. She lied about taking Chinese money during her presidential run, FBI Gate and of course Benghazi is her greatest and most serious lie..........well except Vince Vosters suicide they (cough) hid for 24 hours till they got his files cleaned out.
Offer proof that Hillary did anything wrong in regard to Mr. Foster's suicide OR the Benghazi terrorist attack.

Or else apologize, pork-for-brains.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#22 Apr 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
I keyed a libs Volt last night at Starbucks, then went inside to tease him about it, and see what kind of man he was. the place was full of ponytailed ex hippies, but I found him, he was sitting there in his Birkenstocks, sipping a double espresso cappucino latte, and bashing Bush on the wifi. When I told him about his car, he fainted, and soiled himself. tough guy, typical
That's one of your more printable fantasies, I'm sure. Most of the rest probably have to do with cross burnings, black women, and various forms of molestation.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#23 Apr 24, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of your more printable fantasies, I'm sure. Most of the rest probably have to do with cross burnings, black women, and various forms of molestation.
never interfere with a lynch mob in the performance of their duty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Department of Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New flow battery to keep big cities lit, green ... Feb 25 Solarman 1
Cities, towns savoring fuel savings Jan '15 Tammy 9
Oncor's plan to backup Texas power gives jolt t... Dec '14 Solarman 1
Suffering from range anxiety? Seeo's battery pr... Dec '14 Solarman 1
Mishaps at nuke repository lead to $54M in fines Dec '14 SpaceBlues 1
Taxpayers Hit With Solar Energy Bailout Dec '14 Solarman 1
Rooftop solar electricity on pace to beat coal,... Dec '14 Solarman 4
More from around the web