DoD helps spouses compete for federal...

DoD helps spouses compete for federal jobs

There are 1 comment on the The Bayonet story from Mar 8, 2011, titled DoD helps spouses compete for federal jobs. In it, The Bayonet reports that:

It’s no secret that military spouses make sacrifices. They raise children while their spouses are deployed and leave behind jobs when it’s time to relocate to a new duty station.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Bayonet.

Army Husband

New Holland, PA

#1 Mar 9, 2011
My wife recently joined the Army. I hope DoD helps me find a job once she gets her duty station. I hear too many horror stories about spouses losing their careers.

The worst one I heard was about an Airmen's wife. She had a Ph.D. and was an associate professor. The only job she could find at his new station was being a teacher's aid for a K-8 school on post making $8 and hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Department of Defense Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Hawaii wasn't ready to handle missile t... Feb 21 Used to be a demo... 4
Silent sound mind control Feb '18 Mkv6969 1
News Fighter pilot reveals UFO encounter Jan '18 Navy chased UFO 2
News Department of Defense retweets call for Trump, ... Nov '17 JCPete 13
News Growth of American base will bring change to Gu... (Jan '09) Oct '17 ZZZzz 4 5
News US shoots down medium-range ballistic missile i... (Aug '17) Aug '17 anonymous 5
News Clean energy is a matter of national security; ... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Solarman 1