"Religious proselytization is not per...

"Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense"

There are 20 comments on the WOKY-AM Greenfield story from May 1, 2013, titled "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense". In it, WOKY-AM Greenfield reports that:

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...". on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOKY-AM Greenfield.

Dan Salazar

AOL

#1 May 1, 2013
The Military can still scream All Hail THE Obama on command for three more years if they choose. The religion of Progressivism is encouraged.

Since: Aug 07

Oslo, Norway

#2 May 1, 2013
Unless you happen to be an adherent of a certain non-christian faith. then it's somehow ok right?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 May 1, 2013
Proselytization means to convert from one faith or belief to another. Those opposed to it are gonna have to make a genuine case proving they have been converted or no proselytization has taken place.

Our system and Constitution never intended to have a governance that operated a Lion's Den for those who practice their faith and answer of it when asked.

However, do to nature of military, religion has to be subject to military rule. No one should be coerced or forced to accept any religion practice of which they disapprove. Otherwise the military and religion works just fine the way it is and has always been.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#4 May 1, 2013
People need to keep their religion out of the workplace and in the home and church. If somebody asks not to be proselytized to and it still continues, then the proselytizer should be charged. The military is not a place for religious recruitment.
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#5 May 1, 2013
Where's the Pentegon?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#6 May 1, 2013
Who is a 250,000acre legion 1?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#7 May 1, 2013
Porky Pig?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#8 May 1, 2013
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#9 May 1, 2013
Only Prostitution allowed?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#10 May 1, 2013
Praise God and pass the ammunition!
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#11 May 1, 2013
Daughters of the American Revolution revolting....

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 May 1, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
Praise God and pass the ammunition!
Yeehah! It don't git no better'n this, huh Vern? Hey, git that thang outta ma butt! Fire in the hole!!

Location hidden

#13 May 1, 2013
Halito wrote:
Daughters of the American Revolution revolting....
Revolting? They're disgusting!

Location hidden

#14 May 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yeehah! It don't git no better'n this, huh Vern? Hey, git that thang outta ma butt! Fire in the hole!!
You really should seek treatment for those homosexual fantasies, or just get out of the closet.

BTW, my name isn't Vern.

Location hidden

#15 May 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Revolting? They're disgusting!
Really?

When were you intimate with any of them?
Person

San Antonio, TX

#16 May 2, 2013
So is this the FULL statement? Because I see "..." twice in many media posts I've looked up.
Libertarian

London, UK

#17 May 2, 2013
Religion should not be anywhere in the public arena.

If people want to believe something with absolutely no evidence then great. But until there is evidence this is a private belief to be share with friends, family and fellow believers if they're ok about it.

If you bring it to a place where however minutely, it may affect a non-believer then you should provide proof. Otherwise it is not acceptable.

What if I came into work going on about the purple hedgeghog living on the moon who I worship. The hedgehog states Tuesdays are evil so I shouldn't have to work tuesdays. Thats my belief.

See, that how nutty you sound to non believers.
You wanna make something up, fine, but please do not insult me by assuming I would be the stupid too.

Religion should be kept private unless all religions from christianity (all 38000 types), to scientology, to jedis and the church of the purple hedgehog have exactly the same rights.
Because the all have the same proof - none.

Location hidden

#18 May 2, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should seek treatment for those homosexual fantasies, or just get out of the closet.
BTW, my name isn't Vern.
Yes it is.

Don't take 'er personal, but y'all ain't ma type.

Location hidden

#19 May 2, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
When were you intimate with any of them?
No one was ever intimate with a member of the DAR.

Besides, my quip was something from an old Marx Brothers movie, "Duck Soup". It was funny, so I guess you wouldn't know about it.

Location hidden

#20 May 2, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Religion should not be anywhere in the public arena.
If people want to believe something with absolutely no evidence then great. But until there is evidence this is a private belief to be share with friends, family and fellow believers if they're ok about it.
If you bring it to a place where however minutely, it may affect a non-believer then you should provide proof. Otherwise it is not acceptable.
What if I came into work going on about the purple hedgeghog living on the moon who I worship. The hedgehog states Tuesdays are evil so I shouldn't have to work tuesdays. Thats my belief.
See, that how nutty you sound to non believers.
You wanna make something up, fine, but please do not insult me by assuming I would be the stupid too.
Religion should be kept private unless all religions from christianity (all 38000 types), to scientology, to jedis and the church of the purple hedgehog have exactly the same rights.
Because the all have the same proof - none.
Where can I find the Church of the Purple Hedgehog? It's the one religion I might consider.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Department of Defense Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Department of Defense retweets call for Trump, ... Nov 20 JCPete 13
News Growth of American base will bring change to Gu... (Jan '09) Oct '17 ZZZzz 4 5
News US shoots down medium-range ballistic missile i... Aug '17 anonymous 5
News Clean energy is a matter of national security; ... Jul '17 Solarman 1
department of defense employee annette marion c... Jun '17 JOHN 1
News $1.1 Million Grant Funds Study on Why Early Pre... (Mar '17) Mar '17 butters_ 9
News Department of Defense bids farewell to Obama (Jan '17) Jan '17 Le Jimbo 19
More from around the web