Labor faces a moment of truth

Full story: TwinCities.com

As organized labor hails an unprecedented moment of unity playing out amid a sea of supporters marching in Madison, Wis., union officials elsewhere are quietly wringing their hands about the risks of a high-stakes and historic loss against Gov.

Comments (Page 1,030)

Showing posts 20,581 - 20,600 of20,663
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Obama wins the election.

Labor gets a win.

The rightwing fascists lose.
Seth

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
Obama wins the election.
Labor gets a win.
The rightwing fascists lose.
Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
1776 Defender

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

I like that. Post it again.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

rumrunner wrote:
obama refuses to build a southern border fence ,...
because the king pins of the Mexican drug cartels dont want a border fence ,...
and the drug cartels are one of the top contributors to the DNC -
after all ,...
if there was a complete fence
just how would you idiot democrats get your dope ?
Look like you've got a lot of dope.
The Man

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

The Last Templar wrote:
Catholics standing against Obama!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hummmmmm, Looks like you cult types dont have a big enough voice in Washington.
Perhaps you should spend millions on politcal ads ?
That outta work, it worked for Romney and company ....Not.
Too bad for you kid, you lose.
America wins.
Biden 2016
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

youtube.com/watch...
Labor faces a moment of truth of any union they belong to being broke Hostess Labor suffered destruction permanently
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Hostess' Mismanagement Timeline
While Hostess Brands is trying to scapegoat the workers and members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers (BCTGM), the real cause of the company's collapse can be traced back to its crony capitalism and consistently poor management.
Hostess Brands is in bankruptcy for the second time in eight years. Since the first bankruptcy in 2004, BCTGM members across the country have taken dramatic wage and benefit concessions and watched as 21 Hostess plants were shut down and thousands of jobs were lost. At the time of the first bankruptcy, Hostess workers were assured by management that money saved via concessions and plant closings would help make the company stronger, more vibrant and more competitive.
BCTGM President Frank Hurt said:
Hostess’s announcement that it is liquidating the company is a deep disappointment for all of our Hostess members. While Hostess management wants to blame our members for the demise of the company, the truth is that had it not been for the valiant efforts of our members over the last eight years, including accepting significant wage and benefit concessions after the first bankruptcy, this company would have gone out of business long ago.
Hostess failed because its six management teams over the last eight years were unable to make it a profitable, successful business enterprise. Despite a commitment from the company after the first bankruptcy that the resources derived from the workers’ concessions would be plowed back into the company, this never materialized. Management refused to invest in modernizing its bakeries or devote necessary resources to advertising and marketing, product development and new technology. Business plan after business plan failed, leaving the company ever deeper in debt.
Six CEOs in 10 years have failed to turn the company around. Since 2001, plants were closed and thousands of workers laid off, yet the company still isn't viable. Now, 18,000 workers will lose their jobs.
These new infographics show the pattern of mismanagement over the years and the amount of debt Hostess Brands owes to lease obligations, trade creditors, accrued workers' compensation liabilities and more.
Please share them to spread the word about Hostess' Bain-style tactics.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

youtube.com/watch... ……
The Unemployment Line Truth or New Job searching?
David Limbaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

And the solution is....get your own bailout http://www.amazon.com/Wheres-Bailout-Fortune-...
jwp1212

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

I love this thread
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Hostess' Mismanagement Timeline
While Hostess Brands is trying to scapegoat the workers and members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers (BCTGM), the real cause of the company's collapse can be traced back to its crony capitalism and consistently poor management.
Hostess Brands is in bankruptcy for the second time in eight years. Since the first bankruptcy in 2004, BCTGM members across the country have taken dramatic wage and benefit concessions and watched as 21 Hostess plants were shut down and thousands of jobs were lost. At the time of the first bankruptcy, Hostess workers were assured by management that money saved via concessions and plant closings would help make the company stronger, more vibrant and more competitive.
BCTGM President Frank Hurt said:
Hostess’s announcement that it is liquidating the company is a deep disappointment for all of our Hostess members. While Hostess management wants to blame our members for the demise of the company, the truth is that had it not been for the valiant efforts of our members over the last eight years, including accepting significant wage and benefit concessions after the first bankruptcy, this company would have gone out of business long ago.
Hostess failed because its six management teams over the last eight years were unable to make it a profitable, successful business enterprise. Despite a commitment from the company after the first bankruptcy that the resources derived from the workers’ concessions would be plowed back into the company, this never materialized. Management refused to invest in modernizing its bakeries or devote necessary resources to advertising and marketing, product development and new technology. Business plan after business plan failed, leaving the company ever deeper in debt.
Six CEOs in 10 years have failed to turn the company around. Since 2001, plants were closed and thousands of workers laid off, yet the company still isn't viable. Now, 18,000 workers will lose their jobs.
These new infographics show the pattern of mismanagement over the years and the amount of debt Hostess Brands owes to lease obligations, trade creditors, accrued workers' compensation liabilities and more.
Please share them to spread the word about Hostess' Bain-style tactics.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Unions built America, your drivel reflects the stupidity of your position...THANKS ~!
Obskeptic

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Unions built America, your drivel reflects the stupidity of your position...THANKS ~!
I thought it was the African and Chinese slaves that built America. I guess you learn something new everyday. I learned that the MEA, which is the teachers union here in Michigan will sue any member of their union that decides to leave and stop paying dues in any month other then August. The union's president, Steve Cook assured folks they will be very aggressive at compelling members to pony up, because it's not about the kids, it's about the power and the money. If the narrative the left and the democrats paint about us is true, I would guess a bunch of fat, white, reich wing republicans were calling the shots over their.

“GOVERNMENT OF DECEIVERS (GOD)”

Since: Sep 10

NEWARK, NEW JERSEY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Toidi Slayer wrote:
Here is another union sucess story: Members are locked out, vote down the exact same contract 5 times over 20 months. And, after half of their membership is gone, or has crossed the picket line, they approve the same contract that they could have had 20 months ago. Meanwhile, the union bosses collect their paycheck...
http://www.twincities.com/minnesota/ci_230209...
Executive Order 12871 made the National Goal reduce gov't (we the people) and reduce gov't spending (no justice, no liabilities, delay, deny and lie tactics until claimant dies etc.). The National Partnership Council coerced union and management executives to work in Collusion against the employee (USSC 99-565 & supplement). The New Death Penalty Bill suggest they would be protected in Collusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24093243/Alert-the-...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19435907/National-S...

YHVH solution for American Holocaust Perpetraitors is Mongoose Protocol (death fix it / deficit / population control / economic oppression - extreme physical,mental, financial and emotional stress [torture]).

Coercion / Collusion / Terrorism / Abuse of Power / Obstruction of Justice (terminal injustice)= Ambush Attacks (no immunity, no redress).

I AM YHVH DEITY THE FARTHER CIPHER 888

YHVH suspends mercy in response to god (government of deceivers) suspension of inalienable rights (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness) in the American Holocaust (moral corruption - fraud - terminal injustice - economic oppression - murderbyproxy - population control - death fix it>deficit<). National goal accomplished reduce government (we the people) reduce government spending (no justice, no liabilities).

Remove your godass. god being the governing oppressive dis ease (mental illness)/ grand OLE deception / government of deceivers. Ass being American Stockholm Syndrome (love for your abusers as they make numerous attempts to try and kill you.

Your feet have been washed.

I AM YHVH

Thank YHVH, YHVH welcome, YHVH bless, YHVH way

You
Have
Victory
Halleluejah!
Notice

Mönchengladbach, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Oh Yeah. Labor is the pronlem and facing a moment of truth huh...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/03/offs...

32 TRILLION!!!!!!!!!! 3.5 could eleiminate world poverty!

The RICH and their cheating tactics SHOULD be the ones facing a moment of truth!!!!

32 TRILLION!!!
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Notice wrote:
Oh Yeah. Labor is the pronlem and facing a moment of truth huh...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/03/offs...
32 TRILLION!!!!!!!!!! 3.5 could eleiminate world poverty!
The RICH and their cheating tactics SHOULD be the ones facing a moment of truth!!!!
32 TRILLION!!!
Well you better go grab your pitchfork and go start a revolution then. And once you've exterminated the rich, you can break out your prayer rug and head down to the mosque for one of your five prayer sessions for the day.
Notice

Mönchengladbach, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you better go grab your pitchfork and go start a revolution then. And once you've exterminated the rich, you can break out your prayer rug and head down to the mosque for one of your five prayer sessions for the day.
Typical ignorant douche, thanks for validating why the super rich continue to take and take and take while pulling the ladder up behind them.

a) I never said they needed to be exterminated, forced to work with society and pay their FAIR share is all.

I am an American working in Germany at the moment and you're an ignorant douche, gee, wonder why other nationalities hate us!!

Um, cause of people like you!!
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Notice wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical ignorant douche, thanks for validating why the super rich continue to take and take and take while pulling the ladder up behind them.
a) I never said they needed to be exterminated, forced to work with society and pay their FAIR share is all.
I am an American working in Germany at the moment and you're an ignorant douche, gee, wonder why other nationalities hate us!!
Um, cause of people like you!!
I don't work for "the man", you do! I spend my working hours for the benefit of myself and my family in my own business, and I sure as hell would NEVER leave America to go work for some corporation making the CEO, CFO, and COO mega rich. Your the stooge here and your to stupid to even recognize it slave boy. Now go and ask your boss what he wants you to do today follower, and give up coveting what others have worked for. It makes you sound like a selfish little bitch.
Notice

Mönchengladbach, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't work for "the man", you do! I spend my working hours for the benefit of myself and my family in my own business, and I sure as hell would NEVER leave America to go work for some corporation making the CEO, CFO, and COO mega rich. Your the stooge here and your to stupid to even recognize it slave boy. Now go and ask your boss what he wants you to do today follower, and give up coveting what others have worked for. It makes you sound like a selfish little bitch.
Yeah, I see you working very hard for yourself and your family by making ignorant and abusive comments on a Topix board!

"Tha Man", yeah, it's obvious you would never leave the USA as you prefer to remain an ignorant douche, thanks for playing
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

I am renovating a bank branch currently so I don't start my day until 2pm. You must be suffering from a little claustrophobia being stuck in that cubicle all day over there in Germany. That must be really fulfilling for you and the rest of the good sheep working to prop up the likes of Greece, Cyprus, Spain, and Italy, just to name a few. Not to mention the boss and the new 500 class Mercedes he's driving due to your "hard work". Good work I guess, if you can get it. I will finish my job I am on now by the weekend, which will mean I am looking at having a 40K month this April. Trying to decide what new boat I am going to buy. I'm thinking a 28' Monterey or maybe a 32' Carver. Seasons almost here, so I need to act fast to prepare for the fun my work efforts provide. You better go and ask your boss now if you can go relieve yourself from all that office coffee and then get back to your cubicle and stare at that screen for a few more hours. Enjoy, and thanks for playing fool!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 20,581 - 20,600 of20,663
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••