Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

Dec 21, 2012 Full story: NBC29 2,688

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Full Story
rider

Gwinn, MI

#2829 Feb 9, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít blame all except? Come on, thatís unfair. Most only follow the convenient portions of their religions and many use their religion as a form of fellowship. Iíve never met someone that believes anyone following their faith canít be corrupt.
follow thier faith blindly.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2830 Feb 9, 2013
rider wrote:
<quoted text> follow thier faith blindly.
You accuse others of blind faith but illustrate your own blind faith well.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2831 Feb 9, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
In typical fashion an occupier wants someone else to do the work for them. I gave you a link which would allow you to review all the pork. Rather than learn, you chose to remain ignorant.
It doesnít say who put the pork in? Really? Did you bother to look at the amendments? Thatís where the changes are and who added the changes. In all, 254 amendments to the Sandy Relief Bill.
1. H.AMDT.11 to H.R.1 Amendment sought to reduce by $18,750,000 the operations and maintenance defense-wide account and direct the funds to the spending reduction account.
Sponsor: Rep Flake, Jeff [AZ-6](introduced 2/15/2011) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 2/15/2011 House amendment not agreed to. Status: On agreeing to the Flake amendment (A001) Failed by recorded vote: 207 - 223 (Roll no. 41).
2. H.AMDT.12 to H.R.1 Amendment sought to eliminate all funding for the Innovative Research Fund.
Sponsor: Rep Pompeo, Mike [KS-4](introduced 2/15/2011) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 2/15/2011 House amendment not agreed to. Status: On agreeing to the Pompeo amendment (A002) Failed by recorded vote: 72 - 358 (Roll no. 42).
3. H.AMDT.13 to H.R.1 Amendment sought to reduce the funding for the remainder of FY 2011 for the Air Force and Navy's aircraft procurement accounts by cutting funding for the V-22 by $415,083,000.
Sponsor: Rep Gutierrez, Luis V.[IL-4](introduced 2/15/2011) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 2/15/2011 House amendment not agreed to. Status: On agreeing to the Gutierrez amendment (A003) Failed by recorded vote: 105 - 326 (Roll no. 43).
Youíre correct, it doesnít show who added the pork. What a fool you are.
You still didn't answer the question.

Why didn't teabaggers EXPOSE those who put the crap in the bill?

Who put $18,750,000 in the operations and maintenance defense-wide account?

Who introduced the Innovative Research Fund?

Who put $415,083,000 in the Air Force and Navy's aircraft procurement accounts?

Your deflective site doesn't say.

Poor "foolish" teabagger.
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

#2832 Feb 9, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA has always been about firearms. The name of the organization just might be a clue for one as clueless as you.
The NRA has indeed compromised in the past. Their membership spoke loudly about those compromises.
When the government attempts to circumvent the second amendment do you think an organization with the name National Rifle Association would sit idly by? Want a better story? Learn about the founding of the NRA-ILA.
You rant, you rave and in the end I still have over 100 firearms. What are you going to do about it? Youíre afraid of people with guns. Embrace your cowardice and youíll feel better.
Your are both hysterical and pathetic ... all you can manage is repeat stupid-ass wingnuz blather Ė grow up!!!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2833 Feb 9, 2013
AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
Your are both hysterical and pathetic ... all you can manage is repeat stupid-ass wingnuz blather Ė grow up!!!
And in typical libturd fashion, you can't debate the topic, so you resort to ad hominem attacks on the messenger. Now THAT is pathetic.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2834 Feb 10, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
You still didn't answer the question.
Why didn't teabaggers EXPOSE those who put the crap in the bill?
Who put $18,750,000 in the operations and maintenance defense-wide account?
Who introduced the Innovative Research Fund?
Who put $415,083,000 in the Air Force and Navy's aircraft procurement accounts?
Your deflective site doesn't say.
Some of the pork has been reported individually. So, it has been reported.

You just showed how ignorant you are again. I was very pleased the first three entries *CUT* spending. You should spend a while honing your reading skills.

My deflective site? You mean the Library of Congress? I used tinyurl because the true link contains colons which Topix interprets as delimiters causing the link not to work.

Youíre still a fool.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2835 Feb 10, 2013
AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Sucko, you can do better than that.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2836 Feb 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And in typical libturd fashion, you can't debate the topic, so you resort to ad hominem attacks on the messenger. Now THAT is pathetic.
What do you expect from Spocko? That fool posts under various names, rates his own posts and rants like an uneducated loon. Iíll admit heís a bit more sane that the uneducated Wall Street Government fool but not by much.

Both of them are fact proof.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2837 Feb 10, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the pork has been reported individually. So, it has been reported.
You just showed how ignorant you are again. I was very pleased the first three entries *CUT* spending. You should spend a while honing your reading skills.
My deflective site? You mean the Library of Congress? I used tinyurl because the true link contains colons which Topix interprets as delimiters causing the link not to work.
Youíre still a fool.
Now for the FOURTH time.

Why didn't teabaggers EXPOSE the CULPRITS who put the the crap IN the bill?

Am I typing to fast?

You should spend a while honing YOUR reading skills.

"I was very pleased the first three entries *CUT* spending".

So was I.

But it wasn't necessary, all that needed to take place was the "concerned" teabaggers EXPOSE the CULPRITS who placed those irrelevant riders into the bill and they would have been withdrawn within a week.

Instead they whined and added even more amendments to strike the previous amendments.

"My deflective site? You mean the Library of Congress"?

It didn't answer my question or back up your claim, so..........yes, that would be the one.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2838 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Now for the FOURTH time.
Why didn't teabaggers EXPOSE the CULPRITS who put the the crap IN the bill?
Am I typing to fast?
You should spend a while honing YOUR reading skills.
"I was very pleased the first three entries *CUT* spending".
So was I.
But it wasn't necessary, all that needed to take place was the "concerned" teabaggers EXPOSE the CULPRITS who placed those irrelevant riders into the bill and they would have been withdrawn within a week.
Instead they whined and added even more amendments to strike the previous amendments.
"My deflective site? You mean the Library of Congress"?
It didn't answer my question or back up your claim, so..........yes, that would be the one.
For you, everyone that disagrees with you is a teabagger. Given that premise, many news outlets did publish examples of the pork. Because you didnít bother to read means it wasnít exposed?

You missed the first three were cuts. Go back, read your own post. Youíre a fraud.

The actual bill with all the amendments containing pork coupled with the name of the representative adding the pork doesnít answer your question? Youíre willfully ignorant.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2839 Feb 10, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
For you, everyone that disagrees with you is a teabagger. Given that premise, many news outlets did publish examples of the pork. Because you didnít bother to read means it wasnít exposed?
You missed the first three were cuts. Go back, read your own post. Youíre a fraud.
The actual bill with all the amendments containing pork coupled with the name of the representative adding the pork doesnít answer your question? Youíre willfully ignorant.
You act like a teabagger, you're gonna get called a teabagger.

Regardless of what you CLAIM.

You can't seem to answer a simple question.

I didn't ask to get referred to a website, I ask for the FIFTH time, why didn't the "concerned" REPUBLICANS EXPOSE those, WHO put the pork in the bill?

So.... NO,it doesn't ANSWER my question.

"The actual bill with all the amendments containing pork coupled with the name of the representative adding the pork doesn't answer your question"?

No, it doesn't, it gives the number of the bill, who sponsored it and who CUT the pork, not who ADDED it.

You're being willfully stupid, then again maybe not, you're just stupid.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#2840 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>

Poor dumb leftist turd with a failed life. The amount of time you waste on here is mindboggling. What makes you think people on topix will listen to your stupid comments any more than they do in real life.....oh yeah, extreme deluded arrogance.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2841 Feb 10, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor dumb leftist turd with a failed life. The amount of time you waste on here is mindboggling. What makes you think people on topix will listen to your stupid comments any more than they do in real life.....oh yeah, extreme deluded arrogance.
Teabagger/Bachmann troll.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#2842 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL.....another whip smart reply from the dumb obamabot! I am SO glad I'm not you. Thank you God.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2843 Feb 10, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL.....another whip smart reply from the dumb obamabot! I am SO glad I'm not you. Thank you God.
Keep trolling teabagger.

info@michelebachmann.com

2850 Cutters Grove Avenue, Suite 205

Anoka, MN 55303

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2844 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You act like a teabagger, you're gonna get called a teabagger.
Regardless of what you CLAIM.
You can't seem to answer a simple question.
I didn't ask to get referred to a website, I ask for the FIFTH time, why didn't the "concerned" REPUBLICANS EXPOSE those, WHO put the pork in the bill?
So.... NO,it doesn't ANSWER my question.
"The actual bill with all the amendments containing pork coupled with the name of the representative adding the pork doesn't answer your question"?
No, it doesn't, it gives the number of the bill, who sponsored it and who CUT the pork, not who ADDED it.
You're being willfully stupid, then again maybe not, you're just stupid.
I did the work to find you a complete list of all the pork. I found that for you. Now you expect me to transcribe the information to Topix? I assume you canít be bothered to read the actual bill complete with amendments directly from the Library of Congress. Youíve already called it a deflective site.

Concerned Republicans already made an issue of this. They refused to vote in favor of it. The liberal left had a fit. Even Bloomberg defended the Republicans.

It does indeed show the sponsor with no co-sponsors. Youíre simply too lazy to read the information.

Why should I do your research for you? You unable to find it on your own?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2845 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Your boyfriend been poking your brain again? Thatís what happens when you marry a fudge. packer.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2846 Feb 10, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I did the work to find you a complete list of all the pork. I found that for you. Now you expect me to transcribe the information to Topix? I assume you canít be bothered to read the actual bill complete with amendments directly from the Library of Congress. Youíve already called it a deflective site.
Concerned Republicans already made an issue of this. They refused to vote in favor of it. The liberal left had a fit. Even Bloomberg defended the Republicans.
It does indeed show the sponsor with no co-sponsors. Youíre simply too lazy to read the information.
Why should I do your research for you? You unable to find it on your own?
Why are you friggen t-bags tone deaf, everybody would like smaller, leaner and more efficient Govít Ė nothing new here. So why is then that ever since Obama got elected it has become the wingnuz favorite pastime to whine about big Govít? Big Govít has always been a reality Ė nothing new here!! Now for your pork spending, pork spending comes in the form of "earmarks," which are items inserted in federal spending bills at the specific request of a House or Senate member. While most of us agree it should stop the fact remains it only amount to about 0.77 percent of total federal spending. If you moronic t-bags want to slow down spending show some leadership and go after the big stuff like the military and pensions!!

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2847 Feb 10, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you friggen t-bags tone deaf, everybody would like smaller, leaner and more efficient Govít Ė nothing new here. So why is then that ever since Obama got elected it has become the wingnuz favorite pastime to whine about big Govít? Big Govít has always been a reality Ė nothing new here!! Now for your pork spending, pork spending comes in the form of "earmarks," which are items inserted in federal spending bills at the specific request of a House or Senate member. While most of us agree it should stop the fact remains it only amount to about 0.77 percent of total federal spending. If you moronic t-bags want to slow down spending show some leadership and go after the big stuff like the military and pensions!!
Again Sucko. Iím not a member of the Tea Party.

I would be good making the military leaner and more effective. I would be good with reducing the size of government pensions. Why do you leave out entitlements? A bit too close to home for you Sucko?
fightfan

Toledo, OH

#2848 Feb 10, 2013
My guns
Smith and W triple lock .44
Colt 1903, Spencer 1863 repeater, browning auto 5 with 18 inch barrel and shaved stock circa 1926....great grandfathers bottlegging 12 gauge. Colt 1903 .32acp, Bushmaster Ar-15, cetme .308, SKS, glock 33 .357 sig, Winchester model 12 1922 another great granpas protection guns, savage 300 mag, savage 7mm, and that's about it. I'm not getting rid so go screw your mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Injudgement 1,189,336
Sen. Schumer seeks drug designation for Oneida ... 7 min End corruption 39
With poll, Obama foundation hints at library's ... 19 min sandy1 4
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min wtf 171,492
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min loose cannon 184,776
Now Obama's Christianity has been placed in doubt 33 min david 31
Missouri Republican dead after apparent suicide 2 hr serfs up 7
More from around the web