It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,347

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Brit Expat

Calvisson, France

#99608 Feb 6, 2013
A Gun a day

Keeps Mortitians

Busy

In the USA.

I have no problem with this! Just keep it in the USA.
STRAIGHT SHOOTER

Oaxaca, Mexico

#99609 Feb 6, 2013
Firearms are a necessary tool of survival. The 2nd Amendment guarantees that. Encroachment of this right is an illegal move and should be treated as such. Spilling the blood of tyrannts is needed now!
STRAIGHT SHOOTER

Oaxaca, Mexico

#99610 Feb 6, 2013
Thats funny. Our ancestors sure sent you cowards back across the Atlantic didnt they? We WON our freedom and then went to war with Germany to help you poor defenseless bastards. Now youre worried about what happens in America? Why you poor little baby. Why not go down and pick a fight with Argentina? Over soe silly little islands? Hahaha Stupid has beens! The USA has its problems but we are still the worlds ONLY superpower and our citizenry will stay armed till death do us part!
Brit Expat wrote:
A Gun a day
Keeps Mortitians
Busy
In the USA.
STRAIGHT SHOOTER

Oaxaca, Mexico

#99611 Feb 6, 2013
Sorta funny a limey would even comment about Americans and guns. It was his overbearing ancestors that embedded our need for firearms to defend our country. Now some silly pimple of a POS is commenting about the USA?. We shoulda kept our firearms to ourselves and that silly sob would be speaking german today! AND Ill never forget the pics of the whimpy Frenchies as the Nazis rolled in. Those panty laced bastards just stood there crying as the Germans raped thier wives and pillaged thier country. Whata bunch of losers. Hahaha! Lots of luck you fool! Rather have a busy mortician that a nice fat king any day! Hahaha
Brit Expat wrote:
A Gun a day
Keeps Mortitians
Busy
In the USA.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#99612 Feb 6, 2013
STRAIGHT SHOOTER wrote:
Firearms are a necessary tool of survival. The 2nd Amendment guarantees that. Encroachment of this right is an illegal move and should be treated as such. Spilling the blood of tyrannts is needed now!
Watch it - your inflated head will explode in a big episode of stupidity
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#99613 Feb 6, 2013
STRAIGHT SHOOTER wrote:
Thats funny. Our ancestors sure sent you cowards back across the Atlantic didnt they? We WON our freedom and then went to war with Germany to help you poor defenseless bastards. Now youre worried about what happens in America? Why you poor little baby. Why not go down and pick a fight with Argentina? Over soe silly little islands? Hahaha Stupid has beens! The USA has its problems but we are still the worlds ONLY superpower and our citizenry will stay armed till death do us part!
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself Forrest ...
GGB

Thailand

#99614 Feb 6, 2013
LOL
levi

United States

#99615 Feb 6, 2013
Straight shooter, you just spoke for me also, just to let you know, you are not alone, there are still millions of americans who feel just like you. They are just laying low, if you catch my drift?
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#99616 Feb 6, 2013
GGB wrote:
LOL
You and Glenn Beck?:-/
Dirty Dingus McGee

Providence, UT

#99618 Feb 6, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
A Gun a day
Keeps Mortitians
Busy
In the USA.
A gun a day,
Keeps idiots like you
Very much at bay.

A gun for this,
A gun for that,
And a gun to keep me safe
From an idiot called 'Brit Expat!'
Dirty Dingus McGee

Providence, UT

#99619 Feb 6, 2013
STRAIGHT SHOOTER wrote:
Sorta funny a limey would even comment about Americans and guns. It was his overbearing ancestors that embedded our need for firearms to defend our country. Now some silly pimple of a POS is commenting about the USA?. We shoulda kept our firearms to ourselves and that silly sob would be speaking german today! AND Ill never forget the pics of the whimpy Frenchies as the Nazis rolled in. Those panty laced bastards just stood there crying as the Germans raped thier wives and pillaged thier country. Whata bunch of losers. Hahaha! Lots of luck you fool! Rather have a busy mortician that a nice fat king any day! Hahaha
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be so hard on the French, for without their help during the American Revolution, we would not have achieved liberty.
Additionally, the French government before WWI had largely disarmed the civilian population, so that when their army and navy units fled the country in WWII, those people were without any means of defense.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#99621 Feb 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
My goodness my dead clam is smelly today, I want someone to have a look up there and make sure my cat hasnt died in there, I havent seen moggy in days, but after the postman went missing nobody will come near my disgusting meat curtains
If you can't post anything but disgusting rubbish, use your own name - take ownership of your own garbage.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#99622 Feb 6, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont seem toknow much at all Tea. You had better talk to some other uninformed part of the citizenry that Ike warned about. Because the civilian arm of the MIC has you bamboozled, hoodwinked and is influencing your Legislative branch with every trick in the book.
Why? To get the money. Just like the Tobacco Institute.
And you criticize Freud's conspiracies. LOL
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#99623 Feb 6, 2013
Dirty Dingus McGee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what's the legal result should you happen to be on vacation for 30 days and when you get back home but don't realize that your gun is missing?
Does that same law apply to stolen automobiles, prescription drugs, kitchen knives, baseball bats, full-body condoms, etc.?
Within 36 hours of discovery, that's discovery.

Those other items don't shoot each other up in Camden and Newark.
levi

United States

#99624 Feb 6, 2013
Dirty Dingus McGee wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be so hard on the French, for without their help during the American Revolution, we would not have achieved liberty.
Additionally, the French government before WWI had largely disarmed the civilian population, so that when their army and navy units fled the country in WWII, those people were without any means of defense.
Exactly! Which is why we americans are so fond of our guns, if by some awful thing our military should fall and/or our country invaded, the invaders would still have to deal with a heavely armed civilian group. America may go down, but if it does, it will be one american at a time. We will fight, we will die, for what we believe, thats just the way it is.
levi

United States

#99625 Feb 6, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
And you criticize Freud's conspiracies. LOL
Gogobar is anti american all the way, its not just the gun issue, I spent alot of time researching her post from the past, she's all anit american. Even if you slap her in the face with facts or whatever, she will change the subject, or ignor the fact, and keep on with her anti american junk. But when you live in a country (thailand) that is insignificant on the world stage then all you have left is to critize other nations. Meanwhile, she calls attention to americas flaws, yet her own nation is known for slavery, sex trackering, drugs, kidnapping young children and selling them to sex trackefers. Looks to me like gogobar could be doing much better if she tried to help straighten out her own countrys flaws instead of pointing to another.
I guess they dont have 'true' freedom of speech in thailand, that is, unless its negative about other nations. Dont worry gogobar, everyone here has access to the internect, all they have to do is some research on thailand and its government and laws.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#99626 Feb 6, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Glenn Beck?:-/
Sorry this one was meant for levi
levi

United States

#99627 Feb 6, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry this one was meant for levi
I hate Glen Beck, and I consider myself a liberal,Iam, however, pro guns. You see, the type of liberal Iam is different then the type you are. I believe in equal rights and all rights for all american citizens. Note, I said american citizens, not illegals. I believe in the 2nd amendment, you liberals dont. I believe in justice for all, equal. You liberals believe in justice only if it meets your needs. I believe in america, you plot for its destruction. Although Iam personally against abortion, I believe its the womans right to chose, you liberals dont think so. So please, dont put me in the same lot as Glen Beck okay, he is just as screwed up as you anti gun fanatics.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99628 Feb 6, 2013
the gun forum is kaput.

people are not all fired up.

fizzle/fizzle.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#99630 Feb 6, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
http://www.salon.com/2012/07/2 3/nra_a_lobby_for_criminals/
Most astonishingly, the same NRA-inspired law forces the FBI to destroy Brady background checks for gun purchases within 24 hours, which makes it harder for law enforcement to identify dealers who falsify their records and makes it impossible to cross-check purchases made by gun traffickers from multiple dealers. Although federal law requires a dealer who sells more than one handgun to a single individual in a five-day period to file a special report with the BATF, the agency is unable to cross-check purchases from multiple dealers, so gun traffickers can simply hop from one gun store to the next, buying a single handgun at each until they accumulate the arsenals they want. Put another way, the NRA and its backers in Congress created a law that forces the FBI to destroy evidence of crimes, evidence of illegal multiple gun purchases.
Join the NRA
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min John Galt 1,109,972
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 28 min Cali Girl 2014 55,904
Struggle for Water Rights in Detroit Is Showing... 32 min Cat74 48
Border wait times 34 min huey goins 28
ISIS fight: Congress could vote as early as Wed... 39 min Cat74 13
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 57 min Limbertwig 153,366
Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 1 hr cmz 204
•••

Democrat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••