It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 3,932)

Showing posts 78,621 - 78,640 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about, cardinal rule my arse, YOU do not know what was said by either party, any more than I do, your basing your opinion on emotion. Untill I first visited this thread and hence this case, I was'nt aware of the stand you ground law, why would I bastardise it, it doesent affect me unless they introduce it into law in the UK. According to you if I follow and ask a stranger what they are doing in a secure fenced of area, I am in the wrong,,,Im starting something,,,your completly loopy.
More of your pedantic delusional bullshit....yes the one cardinal rule from the time you have your first fight that the one who started it was the guilty party...it is always right....always...in this case Zimmerman overstepped the mark he approached the kid, and now he will pay dearly for his fears and overeaction that cost this kid his life...and good job I say...the dumb yanks should never have laws like stand your ground because they don't have the nouse not to use it as a protection for their racism hate and fear....it's a white's carte' blanche' to kill with impunity....and they abuse the shit out of it...in only a couple of cases have they proved that this law was ever used correctly, the rest were just idiots overeaction...and this is another one....
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang on a minute, aren't you for believing people are innocent till proven guilty it sounds an awful lot like you have made up your mind and what a dumb decission that was considering if Zimmerman hadn't confronted the kid for no good reason the kid would still be alive. It is understandable that he is up for murder. I remember reading somewhere, where the cops hadn't arrested Zimmerman originally because he gave the "stand your ground defence and then because of the mass public outcry he was then arrested, and rightfully so.... Seems to me their are some decent and sane Americans after all...they are not all ignorant dumb arses like you and the gun owning dicks on this thread...
You Are Only Innocent Until Proven Guilty In A Court Of Law.

Has nothing to do with the general public.

Lahala

Saint Ann

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
"You should consider Estrogen."
If YOU are NOT a medical professional, then YOU should TAKEN TO COURT for MEDICAL malpractice, inasmuch as 'prescribing' medication over the Internet is considered 'malpractice.'
YOU have NO IDEA about the use of the hormone 'estrogen,' and its influences.
YOU should be HUNTED DOWN, arrested, tried, and convicted for MEDICAL MALPRACTICE!
You men should try a little estrogen yourselves, it would remove the build of testosterone that sees your need to aquire and use guns.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Did Treyvon Martin live in the same gated community as George Zimmerman?

Why doesn't someone change the topic?

Maybe yous can talk about the fact that any person can go into a store, buy a rifle, and shoot animals. WITHOUT TRAINING. That means they are not killing them with the first shot.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your pedantic delusional bullshit....yes the one cardinal rule from the time you have your first fight that the one who started it was the guilty party...it is always right....always...in this case Zimmerman overstepped the mark he approached the kid, and now he will pay dearly for his fears and overeaction that cost this kid his life...and good job I say...the dumb yanks should never have laws like stand your ground because they don't have the nouse not to use it as a protection for their racism hate and fear....it's a white's carte' blanche' to kill with impunity....and they abuse the shit out of it...in only a couple of cases have they proved that this law was ever used correctly, the rest were just idiots overeaction...and this is another one....
Prove that white American's abuse the shite out of Stand Your Ground.

Prove that ~ it's a white's carte blanche to kill with impunity.

Totally a lie.

You Austrailians are a crazy bunch of yahoo's! I only know one Austrailian, and he's a kook.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

This is what goes on whilst I am usually asleep?

Can't sleep tonight.

Worried about the police coming to my door because I Prescribed Estrogen to a pre-menopausal woman.

I swear, I'll never do it again.

St. Ann
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Dumb Yanks? Can you imagine an Austrailian saying that about an American?

Without the American's you guys wouldn't exist, or you would still be back in the stone age.

Audacity...

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with your redneck racism again...for all you know the kid was totally innocent even to the point of having to defend himself from a guy brandishing a gun and demanding he account for why he was there in the first place....seems all a bit like the days of old where the white guy could murder a black guy with impunity...would he have done the same thing if the guy had been white in his community....nope I don't think so because they are racist that is why they live in a gated community...they have a fear of blacks not whites.
Did Zimmerman become white?

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that white American's abuse the shite out of Stand Your Ground.
Prove that ~ it's a white's carte blanche to kill with impunity.
Totally a lie.
You Austrailians are a crazy bunch of yahoo's! I only know one Austrailian, and he's a kook.
What you noong, can't read your own papers..and evidence put out by those in the know...that might not make you a kook but it sure makes you one ignorant yankee twat, no surprise there.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/19787/jorda...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-hemenway-...

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/cri...

By the way fish, there is plenty of information on stand your ground abuses on the internet....my advice get off your tuffet and go look then you would kill your ignorance...fat chance!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Zimmerman become white?
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...
Zimmerman was a white hispanic...living in a middle class gated community....

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
Dumb Yanks? Can you imagine an Austrailian saying that about an American?
Without the American's you guys wouldn't exist, or you would still be back in the stone age.
Audacity...
Of course I can, because most of you are as thick as two bits of wood... first and foremost you wouldn't be where you are if it wasn't for a lot of inventions from mostly foreigners...and that includes Australians..so that just shows how bloody ignorant you are...it's like tell an American the truth and watch as they fall back on how powerful they are...most peaceful nations see it as your arrogance and greed...but then again you are dumb as dog shit...what's the chances you could understand the world that exists outside the good ol' US of feckin A.....aye fish!

Since: Feb 11

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanford is very close to Disneyland. Orlando, Florida
There is a train that starts in Lawton, Virginia that goes to Sanford, Florida. Your car goes on the train.
I wouldn't think that Amtrak (auto train) would be too happy with the Sanford problem.
Does that make sense?
Could you be more specific with your explanation, Im not sure if your suggesting a bunch of Disney characters will go to Sanford and run riot,,depending on the verdict,,or vice a versa.

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional,,your the one who's deluded,,by your reckoning with regard to your cardinal rule view point,,,that would make every police officer that has ever approached a suspect,,,a criminal.

And,,,what's with the whites carte blanche comment,,you really have got a problem with white people have'nt you.

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all if it is by the phone when you go upstairs to get your shotgun(which you make a point of) then it is clearly lying there in the open...der!
I believe everyone of the above would protect my family if they could...and that includes me....but I would do it out of love and not responsibility which implies it is a burden.
A gun is easy fast and clean....I bet if you were going to do it, you would use a gun because you have one, and you can stand at a distance and not get blood splatter or cuts in your hands...all good reasons to use a gun if your intent is to make out it wasn't you....
For crying out loud,,you really are DENCE,,,when somebody points out that it is their responsobility to defend their family,,it MEANS that they don't intend to rely on the possible good will of others, unlike you, who appears to be a burden.

“Ban Islam!.”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
1: Therefore he is still classed as a kid under the law!
2: I didn't bring the race thing in...Tray did, by mentioning black kids hanging round and the cops found a laptop in the black kids bag oh and trayvons prior police encounters....because he tried to persuade us all that it is the black causing trouble on this estate therefore Zimmerman had the right like himself to assume...and he didn't.
You are now second to Tray bringing in Obama and saying racist things against him....for no good reason....Obama has never played the race card and god knows how he must struggle with that when a good deal of you noongs and some idiot millionaire have made ridiculous accusations and demanded that he show his birth certificate to prove he is not a muslim....you think the CIA would let a muslim become President, you feckin' morons.
3: George caused an incident that got a young kid murdered, if George had done what he had done previously and reported any suspicious behavior to the cops and then waited till they arrived, whether or not they came late or early..this kid would still be alive today....so George clearly did the wrong thing and it cost someone their lives...
If that's your version of the real world, no wonder you are going down with the ship.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang on a minute, aren't you for believing people are innocent till proven guilty it sounds an awful lot like you have made up your mind and what a dumb decission that was considering if Zimmerman hadn't confronted the kid for no good reason the kid would still be alive. It is understandable that he is up for murder. I remember reading somewhere, where the cops hadn't arrested Zimmerman originally because he gave the "stand your ground defence and then because of the mass public outcry he was then arrested, and rightfully so.... Seems to me their are some decent and sane Americans after all...they are not all ignorant dumb arses like you and the gun owning dicks on this thread...
Public outcry? There was no public outcry. Sharpton, Jackson, TNBP, and NBC all lied about the situation for their own agenda. If there was a real case against George then why all the lies to get him arrested? The cops didn't arrest George because they had no case for murder. I've posted all this before with links. Your constant refusal of the facts shows a true bias.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with your redneck racism again...for all you know the kid was totally innocent even to the point of having to defend himself from a guy brandishing a gun and demanding he account for why he was there in the first place....seems all a bit like the days of old where the white guy could murder a black guy with impunity...would he have done the same thing if the guy had been white in his community....nope I don't think so because they are racist that is why they live in a gated community...they have a fear of blacks not whites.
NO PROOF what so ever of "brandishing", the facts point otherwise. 408 calls to police, blacks were doing the crimes not whites, George had no control over which race was committing the crimes had it been white then he would have done the same. Being tired of criminals taking over a community is not racist. You forget your little angle was there because of his criminal behavior. This was not a white community it was mixed. George is not white he is a mix. I didn't start the racism Sharpton, Jackson, TNBP, NBC did and it has been PROVEN George was not racist. Constant liar!
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Show were the law allows killing "cart' blance". The law protects a person using self defense ONLY not some license to kill. The only thing SYG does is explain the stupidity of having to run from an attack before defending yourself. Liar! Show one case where this law was used to promote a racist murder.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
What you noong, can't read your own papers..and evidence put out by those in the know...that might not make you a kook but it sure makes you one ignorant yankee twat, no surprise there.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/19787/jorda...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-hemenway-...
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/cri...
By the way fish, there is plenty of information on stand your ground abuses on the internet....my advice get off your tuffet and go look then you would kill your ignorance...fat chance!
Thanks. Your own posts show blacks commit the majority of crimes. On a case by case bases SYG has not been proven even once to have contributed to a murder.

“Ban Islam!.”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Public outcry? There was no public outcry. Sharpton, Jackson, TNBP, and NBC all lied about the situation for their own agenda. If there was a real case against George then why all the lies to get him arrested? The cops didn't arrest George because they had no case for murder. I've posted all this before with links. Your constant refusal of the facts shows a true bias.
This woman who call's herself Ahomana does no good at all. Being no jounalist herself, she cuts and pastes jounalists articles highlighting negative aspects of the U.S as her tone is hysterical and denuciatory, like a girl scout on methamphetamine.
She has done nothing for the people she claims to support, apart from deepening differences, alienating her support and wasting her time in inconstructive and sanctimonious activities.

I would not be surprised if she is actually a webbot program operated by Al-Qaeda . Its posts are uniformly uninteresting and appear to follow a preset script. It exhibits virus like spamming behavior often starting dozens of pointless replies. However, it does do a great job of mimicking human idiocy. I suspect the program will respond with insults, accusation and the right to defend yourself.

Aho is nothing but a agressive and extremely arrogant,rude and pretensious who completely misunderstood everyones opinions about Firearm ownership.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,621 - 78,640 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••