It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,363

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Dr Freud

Russia

#83483 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
Please provide proof.
In your dicked up world you might claim I hate Siamese cats as well.
You poor lost moron.
You're a black racist, and it shows with your every post.
So sad.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#83484 Dec 2, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad.
So you like making accusations but have no proof.

Got it.

Next.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#83485 Dec 2, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked the question: IF Mr. Zimmerman had reported a rape in progress, and the 911 operator told him it was none of his business, would you fault Mr. Zimmerman for involving himself in the incident in order to render assistance to the victim?
It is a SIMPLE and HONEST question which YOU seemingly REFUSE to address, for whatever specious reasons.
So, THE QUESTION REMAINS.
Another ridiculous question...you are just full of them....or just full of it.

Perth, Australia

#83486 Dec 2, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again:
"Not at all, I am saying you can understand it from the cops perspective because he or she faces the possibility or fear of being shot everyday just by stepping out their front door and is always on high alert because of the dangers of a job in a country that have radicals that just hate law enforcement and are willing to shoot to kill..."
But such is never, ever, true for anyone else?
What of those who hold politically unpopular opinions, or who happen to be more successful than others, or who just happen to be the wrong color, religion, or ...?
They don't count in your book?
What, are you getting demetia? I guess there is no way to keep those totally brainless like yourself who can't stick to the matter at hand and forget the question has even been answered from reposting the same tripe....I will just wait and maybe you will realise yourself after a time..........nope!
truth

Perth, Australia

#83487 Dec 2, 2012
Where is Spirit of Lord. there is a freedom.

Perth, Australia

#83488 Dec 2, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Well that's easy to solve. Stop trying to illegally cross another countries borders. Most countries in the world take their borders very serious and will shoot you if you try to cross them illegally. Problem solved.
Yes there are those countries that shoot first and ask questions later but they are countries with commie regimes or dictators or places like third world Africa....
Some dick head American tried to tell me (on this thread) that America is leading the world with it's humanitarian profile..... I was wondering as I sat and watched this doco....had he got his head stuck up his arse, similar to you there Tray, or are you just out and out racists...you know keep the power in the hands of the white fella' which is probably closer to the mark....These border police guys are rogue's, they are murderers and torturers...but any country that's military could come up with a place like Guantanamo can't be any better than Bin Laden or Hussien....or that dead Ceausescu, can they? It is in your blood to be cruel, murderous and lacking in empathy for those that aren't well.....you! especially when they are put in positions of power over the less fortunat...Americans humane, my grans arse they are!

Since: Feb 11

Ely, UK

#83489 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes no sense to answer a question which has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
It's just simple intelligence Ace.
Wrong, it has everthing to do with the subject at hand.

Theoretical questions are posed all the time by,,police, lawyers, poloticians military personel,,ESPECIALLY in the defence plans for a nation.

The problem you have here is the refusal to agree with a valid argument put forward by a poster you cannot bring yourself to agree with.
Perhaps you should have remained silent.
It's just simple inteligence ace.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#83490 Dec 2, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, it has everthing to do with the subject at hand.
Theoretical questions are posed all the time by,,police, lawyers, poloticians military personel,,ESPECIALLY in the defence plans for a nation.
The problem you have here is the refusal to agree with a valid argument put forward by a poster you cannot bring yourself to agree with.
Perhaps you should have remained silent.
It's just simple inteligence ace.
Is it simple "inteligence"?

There was no valid argument brought forward in introducing rape into the Zimmerman case when that aspect never applied itself.

Might as well as what would you do if you saw a pack of wild dogs attacking a senior citizen you dope.

Disagree??

Then provide a link or please....shut the hell up.

You're an idiot pal. Zimmerman was wrong you asshat and he's going to pay by not only doing time but by advertising to you other losers you don't buy into the role of judge and executioner by owning a gun.
Dr Freud

Russia

#83491 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no valid argument brought forward in introducing rape into the Zimmerman case when that aspect never applied itself.
Might as well as what would you do if you saw a pack of wild dogs attacking a senior citizen you dope.
Disagree??
You're an idiot pal. Zimmerman was wrong you asshat and he's going to pay by not only doing time but by advertising to you other losers you don't buy into the role of judge and executioner by owning a gun.
Yet YOU REFUSE to reply to a simple question.
Why is that?
Are you AFRAID to reply HONESTY?
WHY would that be?
Dr Freud

Russia

#83492 Dec 2, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
What, are you getting demetia? I guess there is no way to keep those totally brainless like yourself who can't stick to the matter at hand and forget the question has even been answered from reposting the same tripe....I will just wait and maybe you will realise yourself after a time..........nope!
Once again:
"Not at all, I am saying you can understand it from the cops perspective because he or she faces the possibility or fear of being shot everyday just by stepping out their front door and is always on high alert because of the dangers of a job in a country that have radicals that just hate law enforcement and are willing to shoot to kill..."

But such is never, ever, true for anyone else?
What of those who hold politically unpopular opinions, or who happen to be more successful than others, or who just happen to be the wrong color, religion, or ...?
They don't count in your book?

Ely, UK

#83493 Dec 2, 2012
Greasy Grass Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Spiderman,
Just because I call you an American Nut, doesn't mean you HAVE to call me the same. Especially when it is not true. You're just trying to get even. That's babyish.
Be Original....Think of something really cool to call me....If you dare.
The Gun Forum is for Stupid's. All the Stupid's are fleeing.
Death Knell. Ever so slowly.....
WRONG,,Didnt call you the same, you called me an American nut, where'as I called you plainy and simply a nut,,truth betold I am a genuine English ecentric.
If you consider the way I converse with you as babyish or childish you may consider this,,,I adjust my comments to suit the mentality of the individual at the time.

If I dare,,hmmm,, how about Guppy,,flip flopping about as you do with that flapping maw,,pity your parents were'nt Mud skippers.

Ely, UK

#83494 Dec 2, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, I am saying you can understand it from the cops perspective because he or she faces the possibility or fear of being shot everyday just by stepping out their front door and is always on high alert because of the dangers of a job in a country that have radicals that just hate law enforcement and are willing to shoot to kill...
Are you saying the guy that shot the unarmed black kid was in fear for his life because to date, other than his claims...that has not been proven....if anything it looks like the guy had a dislike and acted on it....excuse MY speculation....see anyone can make things up but all that does is colour what eventually will be found to be the truth...
SEE ANYONE CAN MAKE THINGS UP BUT ALL THAT DOES IS COLOUR WHAT EVENTUALLY WILL BE FOUND TO BE THE TRUTH.

Yes, I agree with that,, CCTV footage would be handy,,prove the truth one way or another,,if the shooter is, was a nut, he needs to go down.

Ely, UK

#83495 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no gun found among those shot at.
FYI genius.
Is a body allways required to prove murder ?

Ely, UK

#83496 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
You're either crazy or not the brightest bulb.
Disagree?
Then please show the connection between rape and the Zimmerman case or shut the hell up freak.
Loosing your self control and getting angry Ehh,,,answer the question if you can,,or shut the hell up freak.

Ely, UK

#83497 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. It's also plausible Trayvon felt a need to defend himself against an armed man.
And an action on George's part?-LOL!!!
Reasoning my friend. Why would a skinny newly turned 17 year old kid decide one night to lash out at a 27 year old strange man who'd been following him?
No motivation other than self defense. He had no history nor was Trayvon shown in the process of robbery. Martin did not get into an altercation with George during their first encounter when George interrupted his life. It was George who was playing the spooky freak following Trayvon and not the other way around. Any reasonable person could have taken George's actions that night as threatening.
Your boat is sunk buddy. The fact is you don't go around hassling strangers at night only to defend your actions when things go south. You can cry like a bitch until the day you die that Geoege had some freakish right to intercept whoever he wanted only to continue some misguided pursuit of same said individual all you want but not many are going to stand by your side given Trayvon had a full set of rights to be left alone as well.
This trial once over will decimate your f-ed up theories of right and wrong and God forbid one day your rights get trampled too when some freak with a gun decides you need to be messed with. That's why we have laws friend....to reflect we should be able to live together in a society.
Not that you may be bothered, but I agree with your sentiments.

Ely, UK

#83498 Dec 2, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad.
Really ??????? I don't see it myself,,I can see things from this posters point of view. latteral thinking I guess.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#83499 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. It's also plausible Trayvon felt a need to defend himself against an armed man.
And an action on George's part?-LOL!!!
Reasoning my friend. Why would a skinny newly turned 17 year old kid decide one night to lash out at a 27 year old strange man who'd been following him?
No motivation other than self defense. He had no history nor was Trayvon shown in the process of robbery. Martin did not get into an altercation with George during their first encounter when George interrupted his life. It was George who was playing the spooky freak following Trayvon and not the other way around. Any reasonable person could have taken George's actions that night as threatening.
Your boat is sunk buddy. The fact is you don't go around hassling strangers at night only to defend your actions when things go south. You can cry like a bitch until the day you die that Geoege had some freakish right to intercept whoever he wanted only to continue some misguided pursuit of same said individual all you want but not many are going to stand by your side given Trayvon had a full set of rights to be left alone as well.
This trial once over will decimate your f-ed up theories of right and wrong and God forbid one day your rights get trampled too when some freak with a gun decides you need to be messed with. That's why we have laws friend....to reflect we should be able to live together in a society.
But Trayvon didn't know George had a gun. Blows a hole in your plausible theory.

Ely, UK

#83500 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree??
IS IT SIMPLE INTELIGENCE.

I believe so.

There are many theories thoughts and scenarious being tossed to and fro regarding this case. What you, I, or any other think on this matter is irrelevant, unless of course lynching were to make an unwelcome return. As I have stated in the past, I would hope that honest legal bodies have done the job for which they are paid, and justice will be served.

Purely for the record,,I have a number of thoughts regarding Mr Zimmerman based on the information available, None of which are favourable to him.

You really should try to control your emotions,,,, DOPE, SHUT THE HELL UP, IDIOT, ASSHAT,,, Have you ever served on a jury ???? I hope not.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#83501 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape nor implied rape was never a factor in this case.
Fact.
How do you know? He "COULD" have been going to rape George. It's plausible.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#83502 Dec 2, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon is conveniently not around to defend himself in this case but the law understands thee are always 2 sides to a story.
So inconvenient for you and George these facts exist. Add to that it's quite possible given George's previous actions that night that he wrangled with Trayvon first giving Trayvon a feeling for a need to defend himself. Grabbing someone for instance is a form of aggression and one in which can provide a need for fear of someone's life. There's a lot here that needs to come out in trial.
Why are you so fearful of the justice system taking it's full course friend?
Yes there is always 2 sides but the law does not allow you to just make up the other side of the story without facts. Show where George grabbed Trayvon or Trayvon knew anything about George or his past.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 min Pietro Armando 57,036
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques Ottawa 183,705
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min American Lady 168,041
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min THE DORK 1,172,370
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 12 min WTAL 5,566
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min mdbuilder 50,257
Netanyahu visit continues to stir emotion 34 min RustyS 40
More from around the web