It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 20 comments on the Apr 20, 2007, Truthdig story titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Dan

Roseville, CA

#77567 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan my man!
Nah...

...if I was "your man" I'd be at the hardware store working on securing a length of strong rope to hang myself for being drunk enough one night in Las Vegas only to find out we were wed the night prior at the Neon Chapel Of Love.

BAH HAH HAH!!!!

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#77568 Sep 22, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>It is a Right !
A clueless Kangaroo's opinion is not worth the computer your typing on.
Nice to know you are brimming with smart arse comments too, and Dan says it is me, go figure.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#77569 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am saying that any individual that uses a gun for protection is an idiot, regardless of his right to do so, and anyone that disagrees with that after seeing the affects of them in the hands of some of these so called law abiding gun owners are morons. People who take the middle ground cause the most problems especially in an issue where lives are at stake it shows a weakness to commit.
You should have quit while you were behind.

This comment should be framed and used as a memorial to your brain that was given to you but never used.

Perth, Australia

#77570 Sep 22, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaawd woman...
...do you need to be a stupid smartass to feel whole??
LOL!!!
Fact is fireamrs are legal in the U.S.
You won'[t change it so puh-lease....grow up.
And the spelloing of neanderthal??
Here you go sister;
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Neanderthal
Again....shut up.
LOL!!!
From your post #77549 BTW Einstein....it's 'neanderthol'.

Wrong Danny Boy!
So who spells neandathal like that, abviously someone by the name of Dan, who has a bachelor degree he got off the internet perhaps?

Perth, Australia

#77571 Sep 22, 2012
Republican Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who owns a firearm for protection is not a idiot or a moron. If violence comes your way you have the right to defend yourself by anyway you can.
So we scratch the middle of the road person and find a closet gun lover, what were the chances? I had you pegged from the start, you trolls need to get up earlier.

Perth, Australia

#77572 Sep 22, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Perception of what.
Someone like you who's social life is empty to the point she has to play some smartass troll on a guns forum in the States?
Someone like you who cannot advise specifics but instead advises us of her misaligned generalistic view that guns are "bad" yet has no real backing?
Someone like you who thinks anyone can just go into massacre mode at any moment?
LOL!!!!
You're so gone I'd be surprised if you had more friends than you had toothbrushes standing upright in your bathroom sister...LOL!!!
Oh Danny Boy,(do you actually think?) if my social life is empty, what then would be your excuse be for being here as often as me, you moron?
And guns affect everyone everywhere and seeing this is an open forum and you (being a yank) should believe in free speach (lol) then I am committed to speaking freely, but if you can't handle the truth and want a closed shop where everyone agrees with you then find another forum...and block me, can't be a commie in this forum...Sad for you eh!

Perth, Australia

#77573 Sep 22, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The "affects" of them?
Let's not go into who's bastardizing the English language now sister...LOL!!!
OK....provide proof to your statement.
You say, neanderthol I say neandathal you say color I say colour, you say Jail I say gaol, etc....There are many more examples of how you yanks bastardise the English language but you have to understand English to recognise that.

I actually heard an American say when asked what her language was, her confident reply was "it's American" I didn't know that was an actual language, left me in stitches and I laugh about it to this day when I get the occasion.

Sharp as tacks over there?

Perth, Australia

#77574 Sep 22, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...
...if I was "your man" I'd be at the hardware store working on securing a length of strong rope to hang myself for being drunk enough one night in Las Vegas only to find out we were wed the night prior at the Neon Chapel Of Love.
BAH HAH HAH!!!!
I do believe that says more about you DAN than anyone stupid enough to tie the knot anywhere, but around your noose...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#77575 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
So we scratch the middle of the road person and find a closet gun lover, what were the chances? I had you pegged from the start, you trolls need to get up earlier.
You call people stupid, morons, Commies and troll's for having a different opinion to yours. Did I scratch the middle of the road enough for ya?

Perth, Australia

#77576 Sep 22, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg for what.
Firearms, albeit a tad more restrictive than the U.S., can be bought and owned in your OWN country dipshit.
If you're so bent about people owning guns then go after your own patch of geography MORON....LOL!!!
I mean...WTF???
What can't win and argument without your gun there Dan?
Dan

Roseville, CA

#77577 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Danny Boy,(do you actually think?) if my social life is empty, what then would be your excuse be for being here as often as me, you moron?
And guns affect everyone everywhere and seeing this is an open forum and you (being a yank) should believe in free speach (lol) then I am committed to speaking freely, but if you can't handle the truth and want a closed shop where everyone agrees with you then find another forum...and block me, can't be a commie in this forum...Sad for you eh!
Go look at my history.

My posts.

I was never in here almost six THOUSAND times...like you.

LOL!!!

Good God.

And my typos? Sorry for 'neanderthol' and others.

Unfortunately you can understand what's being said.

dOnt tEL mee iM roNg on That yU duM bItch.

It is an open forum. Post away.

But what I don't get is if you're so against guns being in the hands of a country's citizens why you target the U.S. when your own country has a shitload of those tools as well?

---Here's the skinny. No one is teling you that you have to have guns.

Why do you feel the need to impede in other's liberties in having them?

Add to that if you still feel anyone can go junkyard dog crazy over nothing then why are you not working on eliminating them in your own country?

To me...you're just a lost troublemaker who does need this as her social connection and I doubt your personal life is worth bragging about.

Perth, Australia

#77578 Sep 22, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>You should have quit while you were behind.
This comment should be framed and used as a memorial to your brain that was given to you but never used.
Says who? Someone who can't even find where his own country is? Hehe!
Dan

Roseville, CA

#77579 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You say, neanderthol I say neandathal you say color I say colour, you say Jail I say gaol, etc....There are many more examples of how you yanks bastardise the English language but you have to understand English to recognise that.
I actually heard an American say when asked what her language was, her confident reply was "it's American" I didn't know that was an actual language, left me in stitches and I laugh about it to this day when I get the occasion.
Sharp as tacks over there?
I must have got you ALL whizzed up...LOL!!!

We do have our cultural differences. If you're not bright enough to recognize that I'd suggest you stay the Australian housewife you illustrate yourself as.

Perth, Australia

#77580 Sep 22, 2012
Republican Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
You call people stupid, morons, Commies and troll's for having a different opinion to yours. Did I scratch the middle of the road enough for ya?
Because I can!
Didn't even come close, a blind man could've seen you coming down the "far right" side of the road a mile away. You are nothing but a pathetic little sheister, and obviously an idiot.
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#77581 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I can!
Didn't even come close, a blind man could've seen you coming down the "far right" side of the road a mile away. You are nothing but a pathetic little sheister, and obviously an idiot.
good job proving you lost the debate
Chinese Power Ranger

Podgorica, Montenegro

#77582 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? Someone who can't even find where his own country is? Hehe!
Ahomana you are Evil Woman!

Why do you HATE people on this Topix so much?

Ahomana do you have Father or Brother or....?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#77583 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I can!
Calm down Ahomana. You might have another heart attack.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#77584 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Danny Boy,(do you actually think?) my social life is empty,...
Yes.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#77585 Sep 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
What can't win and argument without your gun there Dan?
WTF??????????

Are you drinking tonight????

Make sense next post....OK???

Perth, Australia

#77586 Sep 22, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Go look at my history.
My posts.
I was never in here almost six THOUSAND times...like you.
LOL!!!
Good God.
And my typos? Sorry for 'neanderthol' and others.
Unfortunately you can understand what's being said.
dOnt tEL mee iM roNg on That yU duM bItch.
It is an open forum. Post away.
But what I don't get is if you're so against guns being in the hands of a country's citizens why you target the U.S. when your own country has a shitload of those tools as well?
---Here's the skinny. No one is teling you that you have to have guns.
Why do you feel the need to impede in other's liberties in having them?
Add to that if you still feel anyone can go junkyard dog crazy over nothing then why are you not working on eliminating them in your own country?
To me...you're just a lost troublemaker who does need this as her social connection and I doubt your personal life is worth bragging about.
Your quote: "And my typos? Sorry for 'neanderthol' and others."

So you made a typo did you?

Yet you used that inacuracy as proof to justify telling me that I had made a mistake on my spelling of Neandathal.(you were incorrect of course.)

So yours is a typo?

Therefore acceptable but it appears that I cannot make the same "percieved" mistake without copping a tirade of inacurate bullshit from a bachelor of bullSHIT!

It seems that you need to remove the stick from your arse there Danny boy as what is good for one should be good for the other, if you get my drift?

You are an "A" class idiot, and that is probably the only "A" you could ever hope to get in your whole pathetic life!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min sounds 179,223
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min John Galt 1,220,296
News Hillary Clinton: Elizabeth Warren is holding my... 15 min serfs up 106
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 22 min Big Knob 417
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Scrutiny 187,328
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 53 min Chicagoan by Birth 715
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Progressive Democrat 52,858
More from around the web