Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396293 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEBIL

Russia

#766990 Oct 10, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if they can only teach you chimps not to masturbate in your food.
WHICH BRING US BACK TO THE MONKEY THROWIN' FECES STUDY. THEY DON' REALIZE WE JUS' TRYIN' TO HEP''EM
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#766991 Oct 10, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
OK!
LOL demoncrats can't take the heat of the truth now you use my sceen name to call me a spammer lololol proves what is said about demoncrats
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#766992 Oct 10, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>You know how to identify a Lib/Dem? Every post they make is a pileofbullshit which accuses Republicans of doing and being exactly that which they themselves are.
It's not easy to identify a Conservative/Republican either, just look for the posts with all the insults and put downs. Kinda like Romney did with putting down 1/2 of America.

Let's not forget all of the conspiracy theories too.
Peppy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#766993 Oct 10, 2012
Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
Here’s a bit of American history guaranteed not to appear in any government-approved history book. The Democrat party has, throughout its existence, represented the bigotry and racism they seek to project onto Republicans.
The informed readers of this article are likely familiar with the racist roots of the political party aptly portrayed by a jackass, but much of the general population, especially outspoken Democrats, are woefully ignorant of any such facts.
Ask the nearest Democrat about Republicans and race and even the mayor of a substantial American city might just respond with,“They are racist.”
In reference to their own party, Dems will likely say they led the fight for civil rights throughout the years, though a cursory review of the party will prove this assertion wrong. For instance, this was the party that established the Ku Klux Klan as its enforcement arm. Powerful Democrat politicians have appointed klansmen to high-ranking positions in American government for a century, yet have somehow convinced the vast majority of blacks that Republicans are the bad guys!
The KKK was used to intimidate voters, black and white, into voting Democrat – or not voting at all.
Through violence, property damage, rape, and murder, Democrats were able to secure a huge majority of the black vote comprised of those afraid to cast an alternate ballot. Disgustingly, they have somehow been able to maintain that death-grip on the African-American community to this day.
When these reprehensible strategies, though unquestionably effective, did not satiate their need to keep the black population down, Democrat-supported legislation such as Jim Crow laws made sure these minorities would remain second-class citizens even after the ratification of the 13th Amendment. There are plenty of examples of heralded Democrats, including Presidents LBJ and Truman, expressing disdain for blacks in their own words.
Republicans, thankfully, emerged as the pro-freedom, anti-slavery alternative to the juggernaut that was the Democrat party. Despite the fact that significantly more Republicans supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act than did Democrats, the party of the left has somehow hoodwinked much of the black community into thinking they are its savior.
Hello Hemlock, you should probably know that liberals on this site consider history to be a negotiable, living document that is derived through the manipulation of facts. Some are more extreme than others. Take Homer for instance, he is writing his own history book in which Reagan is responsible for every calamity that has occurred in the last thirty years. Very well written though, I will give him that. I, for one never knew Reagan himself blew up the USS Cole while on a middle east vacation. Must be true, otherwise Homer never would have written it.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#766994 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because they equate rudeness and arrogance with winning something. What did they win? Romney was lying throughout, he's not winning over any new voters.
Lily you are totally incapable of rational thought? Whoda thunk it?
dim

Watertown, MA

#766995 Oct 10, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
OK!
Glad to see you agree about what you are.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#766996 Oct 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Football will be outlawed in this country in less than ten years. All football.
You might wanna rethink that post Flacko.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#766997 Oct 10, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are a little obsessed with Racism.
Truth thats all just the facts mamm come one come all democrats rally the troops
dim

Watertown, MA

#766998 Oct 10, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
MITT ROMNEY THE LIAR WILL"PICK UP" OVER 100 ELECTORAL VOTES IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS?
Do you know how the USA works?
Your little lying dumbfffffck is toast!
No chance of winning!
Ain't America great?
Speaking of liars, the intelligence community knew the terrorism massacre in Libya was "terrorism", yet Obama said it was a lame video for over a week. Coverup & lie.

You should talk dumbazz!
dim

Watertown, MA

#766999 Oct 10, 2012
Obama was thinking he could be buddies with the Taliban. What an idiot.

No wonder Obama is losing.
Peppy

#767000 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
It's because they equate rudeness and arrogance with winning something. What did they win? Romney was lying throughout, he's not winning over any new voters.
The polls disagree with you. I will say Romney is not winning over any Obamabots, but true independents are seeing the light. Is that an Allen West sign I see in your front yard Lily?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#767004 Oct 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure, booze and no doubt a bit of nose candy might have played a role.
Johnny Butsicaris Lindall A C was Detroit's original sports bar, located at the corner of Michigan and Cass it was real close to the sports action. It was also where Karras, Lucci and other notable crazy mofos hung out long ago when Detroit's streets were a bit safer and pro athletes could do no wrong off the field.
Some may remember Karras reminiscing about the Lindall on the Tonight Show , explaining about when he and pro wrestler Dick the Bruiser were feuding and nearly destroying the place a couple of times.
He was a good player then a better broadcast guy and a damn fine actor to boot. Amazing that he made it past 60 years of age.
I wish I had a cold Stroh's to salute him with___I guess I'll have to make do with a Silver Bullet.
I like Stroh's. Use to drink it all the time before Budweiser. It's now part of the Pabst Blue Ribbon company. They still sell it up north, last I checked.
Jimmy

Hamden, CT

#767005 Oct 10, 2012
Obama's lie to coverup terrorism on his watch, so close to the election is unraveling in his face today.
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767006 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Hussein Obama will be lucky to escape a treason trial for his actions in Libya.....
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#767007 Oct 10, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Hemlock, you should probably know that liberals on this site consider history to be a negotiable, living document that is derived through the manipulation of facts. Some are more extreme than others. Take Homer for instance, he is writing his own history book in which Reagan is responsible for every calamity that has occurred in the last thirty years. Very well written though, I will give him that. I, for one never knew Reagan himself blew up the USS Cole while on a middle east vacation. Must be true, otherwise Homer never would have written it.
It's funny you mention President Reagan thats who Obumbles claims is his HERO just seems funny his deeper true self sees his grandad in Reagan

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#767008 Oct 10, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry...that was senator Reid's lie I was referring to..always get the two old codgers mixed up.
However...It is not illegal to take the deductions. It is not illegal to decide NOT to take the deductions. If you don't like the deductions...work on changing them. Oh, that's right. That's part of Mitt's plan...to keep the tax rate the same but close some loopholes. Hmmmmmm.......sounds like a good plan that most democrats cannot seem to fathom.
No, it was not illegal, dishonest, conniving, but legal.

Mitts plan is NOT to keep tax rates the same. He us cutting rates across the board by 20%. Why are you so uninformed?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#767010 Oct 10, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a matter of opinion whether a war with Iran would be unnecessary. I think IF they get nuclear weapons, they will be a danger to more than just those in the region. They don't care if they set off an entire nuclear conflaguration as long as their imam comes out of that well...they would destroy themselves to create the chaos that scenario requires. Also, think of the fallout if everyone over there shoots off nukes, and what's to stop Iran from doing just that. Not to mention, they can export their technology to militant groups who would use the weapons directly against the US.
A lot of businesses in the past have done just what you state above for the reasons you state above. But a lot MORE will do it in response to Obamacare now, hurting the working people who need jobs the most. Caused by a decree of the government, not just the company's deciding right or wrong whether to provide benefits.
Healthcare could be made more affordable by allowing insurance companies to compete across state lines. Competition would bring the cost down. Somehow, when the government gets involved in dictating things, they don't turn out well. It's why many Canadians come here to pay for their health care...it's a better product that what has been provided by their government. And if you think that Obamacare is not implicitly working towards a one-payer system, I don't believe you understand the entire ramifications of it and what it will eventually lead to.
BTW, I have been broke in the past with no insurance and went to the ER. They saw me...no problem. I did get a bill later...couldn't pay it, but I GOT health care. No one's gonna die. Let's take the time to fix the current market, not turn things over to government control.
Just my opinion and thanks for asking me.
Looney Lefty Lily posts from her insulated compound. Once a year the family trots her out to the mall. Unless Boca Boca Porpoise Spit Mall is directly threatened by nuclear weapons, Looney sings kumbya songs.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#767011 Oct 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You might wanna rethink that post Flacko.
Nope. The rumblings have already started.
Peppy

#767012 Oct 10, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
GARBAGEMAN
RealDave.

We are playing a word association game, correct?
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767013 Oct 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure, booze and no doubt a bit of nose candy might have played a role.
Johnny Butsicaris Lindall A C was Detroit's original sports bar, located at the corner of Michigan and Cass it was real close to the sports action. It was also where Karras, Lucci and other notable crazy mofos hung out long ago when Detroit's streets were a bit safer and pro athletes could do no wrong off the field.
Some may remember Karras reminiscing about the Lindall on the Tonight Show , explaining about when he and pro wrestler Dick the Bruiser were feuding and nearly destroying the place a couple of times.
He was a good player then a better broadcast guy and a damn fine actor to boot. Amazing that he made it past 60 years of age.
I wish I had a cold Stroh's to salute him with___I guess I'll have to make do with a Silver Bullet.
only phaggots like you drink lite beer.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Buster Steinbeizer 217,021
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min HILLARY 2016 228,905
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,168
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 22 min death by arrogance 286
News Analysis: Clinton Turns Benghazi Hearing Into P... (Oct '15) 36 min Synque 84
News Obamas choose New York architects to design Chi... 45 min bozo 1
News Columbus veteran, ousted for sexual orientation... 50 min Big Johnson 11
More from around the web