Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4130 Feb 23, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>WOODWARD: Obama fibs on budget cuts...
Hard to keep up with your 5,000 off topic posts, DUMBO.

Wipe your chin and move over two steps so they can clean the puddle under your feet.
justhefacts

United States

#4131 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>"they/you just Deflect when their cornered" So why did "God" only put those "rights" only in one document.Why not the bible? After all he wrote the thing. Didn't he? Just the facts reply: Out trolling barefool? You HAVE been taking your vitamins. Make sure you chew thoroughly as Dino has been known to get stuck in a tiny little throat. Pot meet kettle. "How convenient to NOT to believe your OWN LIB Paper when it BITES you back…" Unlike teabaggers, we don't agree in lockstep or defend every article, document or comment made by our peers. Supporters of former Alaska governor Sarah Palin have taken to Wikipedia, where they have been trying all weekend to revise the page on Paul Revere to reflect her recent comments. Palin fans have been attempting to add her version of the story to Revere’s Wikipedia page — a source of research information for more than half of college students. Other users have been deleting the changes as they appear, arguing that what Palin said in the past week should be kept separate from a page about an event that happened hundreds of years ago.Poor teabagger.
WOW a classic neurotic Dem Response and MORE deflection mmm look at how you’re all over the place.

God.
Dino
Trolling
Bible
Teabaggers
Taking vitamins

I posted the Dem holy Grail …NY Times….. Exit Polls an Historical Measurement basically just numbers with NO political Agenda. Again a Dem try to weasel out of that by MORE deflection and going too Palin?? So let me get this right. Your comparing U.S. election data to ONE person comment…Palin??? UP your “Dem Government all righ, such Abstract thinking cant FOUCUS

Data is data Skippy

Again MORE Deflection to my original post of

Close to Half of the Democratic voter base is NOT educated…. So again another Dem that hasn’t a clue about your voter base.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/pre ...

Im still wanting for you to PROVE JUSTHEFACTS is WRONG about Dem voter base is the Least Educated out of all the Political Parties.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#4132 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
"Not according to SCOTUS".
The supreme court.
NOT God.
The author of the 2nd amendment.
Still.........NOT God.
Did "God" write the constitution?
If "God" gave us these "rights", why did he only give them to us?
Poor tebagger.

I thought every one had the God given right to life and the right to protect that life. We are just blessed to be in a nation whose founders secured that right .

"The fact that the Founding Fathers believed devotedly that there was a God and that the unalienable rights of man were rooted in Him is clearly evidenced in their writings, from the Mayflower Compact to the Constitution itself."
Abington Sch. Dist. v. Schempp, 374 U.S. 203, 213, 10 L. Ed. 2d 844, 83 S. Ct. 1560 (1963).

Poor liberal loser.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#4133 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Name ONE of your "God given" "rights" and how was it acquired?
"We hold from God the gift which includes all others. This gift is life -- physical, intellectual, and moral life.
“But life cannot maintain itself alone. The Creator of life has entrusted us with the responsibility of preserving, developing, and perfecting it.'Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place."
Frederic Bastiat’s 1840 treatise, The Law.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#4134 Feb 23, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, wrong.
Humans give themselves rights through the institution of governments. There is no such thing as an intrinsic "right" possessed from some higher authority. Unless you can PROVE otherwise?
There is no evidence that Mr. Obama would take away any significant rights granted by the Constitution, or would be able to if he wished to.
Your claims are, in a word, bunkum.
The founders created a nation based on their belief in God given rights.

"The evidence of [the] natural right [of expatriation], like that of our right to life, liberty, the use of our faculties, the pursuit of happiness, is not left to the feeble and sophistical investigations of reason, but is impressed on the sense of every man. We do not claim these under the charters of kings or legislators, but under the King of Kings."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Manners, 1817.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#4135 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
declaration has nothing to do with the US Constitution, dimwit.
Best of luck on your next GED examine!
The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are called "organic laws",(see West's edition of the U.S. Code, vol. 1, which lists them as among the "organic laws of the United States.").The Declaration of Independence, according to pages xxix and xxx of TITLE 1 of the United States Code, is the "First Organic Law of the United States."

Black's Law Dictionary, Rev. 4th Ed.
ORGANIC LAW - The fundamental law, or constitution, of a state or nation, written or unwritten; that law or system of laws or principles which defines and establishes the organization of its government.
St. Louis v. Dorr, 145 Mo. 466, 46 S.W. 976, 42 L.R.A. 686, 86 Am.St. Rep. 575
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#4136 Feb 23, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
is god down here enforcing them? maybe he should start with priests and republicans who like raping young boys!
Or Democrats who create and perpetuate violent cities year in, year out, decade in, decade out...

By the way, John Wayne Gacy was a Democratic precinct captain and Jim Jones was the darling of the left. Between the two of them they were responsible for 942 deaths.

Location hidden

#4138 Feb 23, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought every one had the God given right to life and the right to protect that life.
The best way to protect life is to take away the weapons from those who should not have them.

Authorities identify Waynesboro woman shot and killed while driving
Posted: Feb 21, 2013 3:02 PM PST Updated: Feb 22, 2013 12:30 PM PST

A Waynesboro woman is dead after apparently being shot in the head while driving on Hwy 84 east.

The incident occurred shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday about a mile west of the Beat Four school in Wayne County. Authorities identified the woman as Amber Andrews, 22, of Waynesboro. Andrews was traveling east on Hwy 84 while another car pulled up beside her and fired a shot, striking the woman.

Sheriff Darrell Woodson says the woman's car left the road and crashed into a ditch. Woodson says they have a suspect, but the motive is unclear. The alleged shooter in custody is Anthony Pace, 25. Late Thursday night Pace was in Butler, Alabama, waiting to be extradited to Wayne County.

Location hidden

#4139 Feb 23, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
By the way, John Wayne Gacy was a Democratic
“Across the board, serial killers are predominantly conservative in their political leanings. Gary Ridgeway, Dennis Rader, and probably the biggest name of all, Ted Bundy, were all active in the Republican Party at some level. Quizzing other killers showed the same thing, that the vast majority vote Republican,” said lead pollster David Quick.“We gain no analysis from this, it garners us no insight into the workings of the minds of conservative politicians or serial killers, but it is an overwhelming majority. Because serial killers come from diverse backgrounds and possess vastly different IQ’s they appear to have nothing in common save their conservative ideals and their desire to butcher people. It’s compelling data to be sure.”

Location hidden

#4140 Feb 23, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
By the way, John Wayne Gacy was a Democratic precinct captain and Jim Jones was the darling of the left.
By the way, Adolph Hitler was the darling of the right.

He was responsible for around 65 million deaths.

Location hidden

#4141 Feb 23, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are called "organic laws"
The Declaration has nothing to do with the US Constitution, dimwit.

Location hidden

#4143 Feb 23, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
The Declaration of Independence, according to pages xxix and xxx of TITLE 1 of the United States Code, is the "First Organic Law of the United States."
Yet the Supreme Court of the United States says otherwise, or the Civil War would not have happened (for example), as the very essence of the Declaration said men had the right to rebel against the government.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4145 Feb 24, 2013
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW a classic neurotic Dem Response and MORE deflection mmm look at how you’re all over the place.
God.
Dino
Trolling
Bible
Teabaggers
Taking vitamins
I posted the Dem holy Grail …NY Times….. Exit Polls an Historical Measurement basically just numbers with NO political Agenda. Again a Dem try to weasel out of that by MORE deflection and going too Palin?? So let me get this right. Your comparing U.S. election data to ONE person comment…Palin??? UP your “Dem Government all righ, such Abstract thinking cant FOUCUS
Data is data Skippy
Again MORE Deflection to my original post of
Close to Half of the Democratic voter base is NOT educated…. So again another Dem that hasn’t a clue about your voter base.
http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/pre ...
Im still wanting for you to PROVE JUSTHEFACTS is WRONG about Dem voter base is the Least Educated out of all the Political Parties.
That's easy, you just didn't look at the numbers, typical for a teabagger.

In typical teabagger/FAUX mentality, take one snippet of information and RUN with it.

Some colloge 2012:

Dem.: 49%

Rep.: 48%

College 2012:

Dem.: 47%

Rep. 51%

Post graduate 2012:

Dem.: 55%

Rep.: 42%

"So again another Dem that hasn’t a clue about your voter base".

Darn, when you look at the ALL the numbers teabaggers don't come across as "bright" as YOU indicated.

1 out of 3 isn't bad.......... for a teabagger.

"WOW a classic neurotic Dem Response and MORE deflection".

So why did "God" only put those "rights" only in one document?

Why not the bible?

After all he wrote the thing.

Didn't he?

Just the facts reply:

Out trolling barefool? You HAVE been taking your vitamins. Make sure you chew thoroughly as Dino has been known to get stuck in a tiny little throat.

Deflect much?

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4146 Feb 24, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought every one had the God given right to life and the right to protect that life. We are just blessed to be in a nation whose founders secured that right .
"The fact that the Founding Fathers believed devotedly that there was a God and that the unalienable rights of man were rooted in Him is clearly evidenced in their writings, from the Mayflower Compact to the Constitution itself."
Abington Sch. Dist. v. Schempp, 374 U.S. 203, 213, 10 L. Ed. 2d 844, 83 S. Ct. 1560 (1963).
Poor liberal loser.
"The fact that the Founding Fathers"

NOT God.

"Abington Sch. Dist. v. Schempp,"

Still..... NOT God.

(1963).????????

"I thought"

That's your problem.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4147 Feb 24, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We hold from God the gift which includes all others. This gift is life -- physical, intellectual, and moral life.
“But life cannot maintain itself alone. The Creator of life has entrusted us with the responsibility of preserving, developing, and perfecting it.'Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place."
Frederic Bastiat’s 1840 treatise, The Law.
"Frederic Bastiat’s 1840 treatise, The Law".

STILL NOT God.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4148 Feb 24, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are called "organic laws",(see West's edition of the U.S. Code, vol. 1, which lists them as among the "organic laws of the United States.").The Declaration of Independence, according to pages xxix and xxx of TITLE 1 of the United States Code, is the "First Organic Law of the United States."
ORGANIC LAW - The fundamental law, or constitution, of a state or nation, written or unwritten; that law or system of laws or principles which defines and establishes the organization of its government.
STILL..........NOT god.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4149 Feb 24, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL..........NOT God.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4150 Feb 24, 2013
President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.

George Bush believes he is on a mission from God, according to the politician Nabil Shaath. Photograph: Charles Dharapak/AP

The President made the assertion during his first meeting with Palestinian leaders in June 2003, according to a BBC series which will be broadcast this month.

"I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me,'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me,'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

And "now again", Mr Bush is quoted as telling the two, "I feel God's words coming to me:'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God, I'm gonna do it."

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." -- George Bush -- to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

So this MUST be true.

Poor teabaggers.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4151 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>
What did Obama "strip" from the constitution?
Strip no, go around yes.......next effort at diversion please. What's behind door number three?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4152 Feb 24, 2013
President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.
George Bush believes he is on a mission from God, according to the politician Nabil Shaath. Photograph: Charles Dharapak/AP
The President made the assertion during his first meeting with Palestinian leaders in June 2003, according to a BBC series which will be broadcast this month.
"I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me,'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me,'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."
And "now again", Mr Bush is quoted as telling the two, "I feel God's words coming to me:'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God, I'm gonna do it."
"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." -- George Bush -- to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004
So this MUST be true.
Poor teabaggers.
FEDERAL SPENDING UP $822.90 PER PERSON SINCE OBAMA, of course 47% don't pay anything so you can double that for the taxpayers of America that Obama and his agenda feed off of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 57 min Le Jimbo 224,867
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 214,382
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 2 hr Bubba Dump 186
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 59,472
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Incognito4Ever 1,382,931
News Trump and restive GOP leaders to seek more of a... 6 hr He Will Go There 61
News House GOP faces first vote on Puerto Rico bill 7 hr Tylical Obama 3
More from around the web