Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Comments (Page 148)

Showing posts 2,941 - 2,960 of3,800
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>The AR-15 is not an assault weapon. Conneticut says so.
PS:

Le Jimbo wrote:
"They don't care if Obama was the Conneticut shooter, as long as they get their free chit."

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
UPDATE: State Police Confirm Weapons Used in Newtown Shootings
Kyle Becker January 21, 2013 7:38 am
The Connecticut State Police released a statement on January 18th attempting to clarify the confusion generated by the inconsistent and irresponsible media reporting following the Sandy Hook elementary shooting in Newtown on December 14th.
The released list of weapons sets the record straight on an issue that has driven the blogosphere to increasingly speculative lengths: exactly which weapons were used in the shooting?
The weapons seized from the attacker Adam Lanza are as follows, according to the State Police:
#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber– model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips
#2. Glock 10 mm handgun
#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun
Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:
#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)
The Bushmaster .223 (not .233) can be assumed to be a semi-automatic rifle, although variants in fully automatic have been made for military and police purchasers. It is a “lightweight, small-caliber semi-automatic rifle, with a light recoil and a variety of optional barrel lengths and targeting/aiming devices.”
The Bushmaster .223 would fall under the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban legislation [Section 2(B)], since it has a detachable magazine (in this case, a 30-round magazine). The term “assault weapons” should be noted, since it appears to be politicized term used customarily to suit the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban legislation. The term is a redundancy, because there is no such thing as a “non-assault weapon.”
Rifle found in Lanza's trunk not a Bushmaster

Now it turns out that the rifle found in the trunk is not a Bushmaster at all, The police officer is, in gun owner's jargon, cycling a bolt to clear the weapon. An AR uses a charging handle. Gun experts have said that the weapon shown in the video is some kind of shotgun. Here is the news report in which the "long weapon" is shown:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/340113

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rifle found in Lanza's trunk not a Bushmaster
Gosh, you really have to get your rants in order.

Let me know what your FINAL STATEMENT is in regard to which weapons you think were found where.

I stick to what the state of Connecticut said over a month ago.

And what they had to repeat because of idiot like yourself trying to spread the NRA rumors to the contrary.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know what your FINAL STATEMENT is in regard to which weapons you think were found where.
And what they had to repeat because of idiot like yourself trying to spread the NRA rumors to the contrary.
idiots like You would stick with the state of Connecticut storyline even though the video shows & confirms the officers removing a long rifle besides you really have to get your rants in order.

NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newtown Shooting

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/30208-nbc-adm...

Coroner Confirms: No Assault Weapon Used in Sandy Hook Shooting

http://conservativebyte.com/2013/01/coroner-c...

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahah got your doors blown off again.........you are an assault weapon. All you do is assault other posters. Go back to the playground pookie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Coroner Confirms:
What he really said:

NEWTOWN, Conn.--Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the medical examiner investigating Friday's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, said autopsies completed on 20 children and six adults on Saturday showed they were killed with multiple bullets fired by a rifle at close range.

"I've been at this for a third of a century and my sensibilities may not be those of the average man, but this probably is the worst I have seen or the worst that I know of any of my colleagues have seen," Carver told reporters gathered at Treadwell Park, less than a mile from the school where the shooting occurred.

Lt. Paul Vance distributed a photocopied list with the names and dates of birth of the victims, including 12 girls and 8 boys, most of them born in 2006.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/medical-e...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22488...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
hahahah got your doors.
All I have is the findings of the state of Connecticut.

Note the spelling, Dumbo.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... just what I said.
Now to make the same legislation apply to assault weapons such as the AR-15.
If they did it for knee pads you would be screaming that your rights were being violated.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
UPDATE: State Police Confirm Weapons Used in Newtown Shootings
Kyle Becker January 21, 2013 7:38 am
The Connecticut State Police released a statement on January 18th attempting to clarify the confusion generated by the inconsistent and irresponsible media reporting following the Sandy Hook elementary shooting in Newtown on December 14th.
The released list of weapons sets the record straight on an issue that has driven the blogosphere to increasingly speculative lengths: exactly which weapons were used in the shooting?
The weapons seized from the attacker Adam Lanza are as follows, according to the State Police:
#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber– model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips
#2. Glock 10 mm handgun
#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun
Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:
#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)
The Bushmaster .223 (not .233) can be assumed to be a semi-automatic rifle, although variants in fully automatic have been made for military and police purchasers. It is a “lightweight, small-caliber semi-automatic rifle, with a light recoil and a variety of optional barrel lengths and targeting/aiming devices.”
The Bushmaster .223 would fall under the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban legislation [Section 2(B)], since it has a detachable magazine (in this case, a 30-round magazine). The term “assault weapons” should be noted, since it appears to be politicized term used customarily to suit the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban legislation. The term is a redundancy, because there is no such thing as a “non-assault weapon.”
. 223? So he used the firearm with the smallest bore. Okay.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell are you talking about, Saul?
You. And I'm laughing too, don't forget.

'EVIL! I evil to you!'

[snicker]

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>hahahah got your doors blown off again.........you are an assault weapon. All you do is assault other posters. Go back to the playground pookie.
You assault the intelligence of everyone on these threads, au Jimbo. You whining about someone "assaulting other posters" is hilariously hypocritical, and as to playgrounds, clearly that's what you think Topix IS or you wouldn't be here posting this rubbish.

Right?:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the bore is relevant....HOW?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Have you noticed you never see Harvey and Big Bad John Roberts in the room at the same time? Coincidence?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have is the findings of the state of Connecticut.
Note the spelling, Dumbo.
Note you got your doors blown off......again. Run Forrest Run.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You assault the intelligence of everyone on these threads, au Jimbo. You whining about someone "assaulting other posters" is hilariously hypocritical, and as to playgrounds, clearly that's what you think Topix IS or you wouldn't be here posting this rubbish.
Right?:)
The playground called, they found your rain coat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they did it for knee pads
wipe your chin, donglicker, they just cleaned up that spot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
Note you got your doors blown off...
All I have are the actual findings of the state of Connecticut...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
.223 killed more people in Vietnam than any other caliber, my dear donglicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>The playground called, they found your rain coat.
COUGH...

Le Jimbo
Since: Nov 08
Oct 17, 2012

Don't forget your rain coat........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>The playground called, they found your rain coat.
Hmm, how exactly does a playground "call" someone, au Jimbo? And if they did, why would they call a pervert like you, given to male-male comeons, talk about pedophilia, and discussions of disgusting things to do with gerbils?

I think that's YOUR raincoat. Just make sure that when you go pick it up this time, you're wearing pants. You KNOW what that nice policeman told you the last time it happened! ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,941 - 2,960 of3,800
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••