Assault weapons ban could get get up-...

Assault weapons ban could get get up-or-down committee vote Thursday

There are 30 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Assault weapons ban could get get up-or-down committee vote Thursday. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein stands next to a display of assault weapons during a news conference in January on Capitol Hill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#21 Feb 26, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> it is obvious in your mind if the same sex marriage law is passed you would think this country is blissful paradise.
Stick your pseudo-patriotism where the sun don't shine, quadruped.
Whoever married you must be into inter-species relationships.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Feb 26, 2013
Think only law enforcement should have guns ?

DHS releases tens of thousands of criminal illegals held in jail for deportation as a 'budget amnesty' three days before a budget tightening of 2% is required by law. The moron in charge of the DHS 'dept of homeland SECURITY' this dyke needs to be run out of her office and deported to south of the border and her citizenship revokes. What homeland is she securing ? Mexiholes ?. All for a budget cut that may or may not ever affect the actual running of detention centers. Heck DHS only has to cancel the order for 1billion of the 2billion rounds of ammo ordered and the 7000 machine guns ordered for 'homeland security'. But no, they put thousands of criminals on our streets. Glad the gun control nuts didn't get their way because all border state citizens if they have them better load them up and be ready for the waves of criminals that law enforcement has set upon its own citizenry.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#23 Feb 26, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...let's see the vote
I agree ... let's see the votes. Hopefully these folks will have to answer the question - and why did you vote the way you voted?
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#24 Feb 26, 2013
Dave wrote:
I wonder how many of these politicans have drank and drove a car, or had someone or a family killed by a drunk driver? Where is the outrage? on that?
Yes the group "Mothers Against Drunk Driving" brought attention to drunk driving - I guess you could say that the latest gun massacres and gun butchery have brought guns to the fore.

Could we call ourselves - Americans against Gun Deaths?
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#25 Feb 26, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the group "Mothers Against Drunk Driving" brought attention to drunk driving - I guess you could say that the latest gun massacres and gun butchery have brought guns to the fore.
There were no "gun massacres" or "gun butchery".

"Could we call ourselves - Americans against Gun Deaths?"

You could call yourself that but it sounds silly...I'm against killing guns as well, I would rather see them go to a good home. It would be more appropriate to be against criminal use of guns...BIG difference.

Since: Oct 08

#26 Feb 26, 2013
To ban guns, because criminals use them, is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow... For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#27 Feb 27, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>

Why don't you move to Guatemala if you like being an "Americans" so much...more like filthy scum, that's a good name for you.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#28 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
Bro, if the government really wanted to launch an oppresive attack on you and your community, your possession of a firearm would be kind of irrelevant. You'd have, what, an AR-15? They'd have computer-operated drones and nuclear missiles. Good luck fighting all that off with an assault rifle.
Plus, "that have done nothing wrong"? Before the day of the Aurora shooting, the same words could've described James Holmes. Before the morning of the Sandy Hook shooting, the same words could've described Adam Lanza. Guns are too easy to get.
Speaking for myself, I have never once in my life had an experience that made me think, "Gee, I wish I had a gun!" As a matter of fact, I've had at least twenty moments in my life where I've actually thought "Good thing I DON'T have a gun."
Edgar doesn't have weapons because he hates them, yet he advises us on war. LOL ! Edgar, you know nothing about weapons, yet you expect us to take your advice on military strategy.

Edgar, where do the drones come from ? Do Americans live near the airports of the drones ? Can they stop fuel delivery of drones ? Can Americans who live AROUND a drone airbase stop the flow of supplies into the airbase ?

Truth is, Edgar, all we need are our AR's.
don russell

Oklahoma City, OK

#29 Feb 28, 2013
just because YOU don't know how to fight does not mean that OTHERS aren't a LOT more capable.:-) HOW pay soldiers, makers of military gear, pay for oil, if economy is ruined,hmm? know how easy it would be for ONE guy to burn CA off of the map, in dry season? set incendiaries in oil fieds and refineries? blow up supertankers? presto, no economy. be REAL easy tomake all the food rot on the store shelves and in the trucksand trains, too, and make everything shipped by Rail cost 3-4x what it costs now. ONE man can do all that, and get it done in a month. one man can get on the net and tell THOUSANDS how to do those things in an hour, and they can do it by themselves, with almost zero risk, and big Bro cant do a THING about it, either. guarding asgainst such, would cost about 10 TRILLION $ a year, and we aint GOT it to spend on such.:-)
don russell

Oklahoma City, OK

#30 Feb 28, 2013
a few years ago, thoe 2 black guys, with an AR-15, had the DC area scared spitless, for weeks on end, firing ONE shot at 8 or so places. Now imagine 200 guys, with BRAINS AND BALLS, using silenced 22 auto handguns, WAITING for the chance to stir up crap. Think ANYONE would want to be at a courthouse, city hall, mall, etc, if dozens of people at such places got shot every day? day after day? K

now how long it takes to pull out such a pistol, take a careful shot (from behind a car or wall) re-conceal it and walk away? A VERY few seconds, and he's GONE, dudes. 22 pistol will hospitalize you from 50 yds away, and some of the "hittees" will die of the infection and blood loss, too. there's a book available telling you how to make such a silencer, for $10 for the book, with $10 worth of materials, and it and the gun total less than 10" in length. you can conceal it under a t shirt, and it's no noiser than a MILD handclap. It's silent next to a street full of cars.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min An NFL Fan 1,276,765
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 196,932
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min right wing idiot 193,903
News 'We can't be intimidated' 16 min payme 72
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 17 min Cat74 94
News Could Hillary lose Iowa and New Hampshire? You ... 40 min Responsibility 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 54,541
More from around the web