House Democrats Hold Emotional Gun Control Hearing

Jan 16, 2013 Full story: Roll Call 132

Nottingham, the mother of Gabe Zimmerman, who was killed in a shooting in Tucson, Ariz., received a standing ovation after her testimony at a House hearing on gun violence.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
equote

Llano, TX

#1 Jan 16, 2013
"No problem can be solved until it is reduced to some simple form. The changing of a vague difficulty into a specific, concrete form is a very essential element in thinking."
J. P. Morgan

Theatre will not define or solve the problem ...
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#2 Jan 16, 2013
The Democrats passed a gun ban in 1994, and lost the House of Representatives for the first time in 40 years. What they have in mind today is far worse.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 16, 2013
equote wrote:
"No problem can be solved until it is reduced to some simple form. The changing of a vague difficulty into a specific, concrete form is a very essential element in thinking."
J. P. Morgan
Theatre will not define or solve the problem ...
AMEN to that!

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 16, 2013
I bet it sounded a lot like when all those Mexican people lost their kids to the Fast and Furious guns Obama gave to the drug pushers down there. A lot like it. Obama and Holder got Lots and Lots of experience at doling out guns to criminals. They just want to take them away from the honest people now and leave them with the criminals. That's all.
Fast and Furious. Obama is a JOKE and a HALF!
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The Democrats passed a gun ban in 1994, and lost the House of Representatives for the first time in 40 years. What they have in mind today is far worse.
In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination."

It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street."

You asswholes don't even know your own history.

hahahahahahahahahaha

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The Democrats passed a gun ban in 1994, and lost the House of Representatives for the first time in 40 years. What they have in mind today is far worse.
Yes, for gun freaks.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, for gun freaks.
You think??

"Sweeping gun control legislation has no chance - none - of enactment; it won't even be considered by the House, and the Senate is lukewarm."

Greg Valliere of the Potomac Research Group, a private firm that tracks Washington for institutional investors, wrote to clients on Wednesday

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, for gun freaks.
That is why you see this preemptive over the top reaction by the right… they know that this isn’t 1994, and the demographics will further make them that much more irrelevant.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Jan 16, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why you see this preemptive over the top reaction by the right… they know that this isn’t 1994, and the demographics will further make them that much more irrelevant.
Ah yes, Feel Good Weapons Ban,2013

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention took up the issue in 2003, looking at bans on firearms, restrictions on firearms, waiting periods and licensing, zero tolerance laws in schools, childhood access prevention laws and combinations of all of these. The result?“The Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws or combinations of laws reviewed on violent outcomes.”

http://www.cultureandmediainstitute.org/print...

"If the existing assault-weapons ban expires, I personally do not believe it will make one whit of difference one way or another in terms of our objective, which is reducing death and injury and getting a particularly lethal class of firearms off the streets. So if it doesn't pass, it doesn't pass."
Violence Policy Center Tom Diaz

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#10 Jan 16, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why you see this preemptive over the top reaction by the right… they know that this isn’t 1994, and the demographics will further make them that much more irrelevant.
We didn't see you nor nobama screaming for gun control after the DC snipers, did we peanut?

As your messiah keeps trying to thwart the constitution, irrelavenacy will be the name on his desk.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 16, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think??
"Sweeping gun control legislation has no chance - none - of enactment; it won't even be considered by the House, and the Senate is lukewarm."
Greg Valliere of the Potomac Research Group, a private firm that tracks Washington for institutional investors, wrote to clients on Wednesday
On the bright side, Republicans will soon lose their majority.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#12 Jan 16, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination."
It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."
It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street."
You asswholes don't even know your own history.
hahahahahahahahahaha
The Mulford Bill wasn't signed to keep law abiding citizens from owning guns, dckhead.

The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill prohibiting the public carrying of loaded firearms. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, the bill garnered national attention after the Black Panthers marched on the California Capitol to protest the bill. The bill was signed by California Governor Ronald Reagan and became California penal code 12031

Hahahaha, you and your dumb propaganda.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#13 Jan 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>On the bright side, Republicans will soon lose their majority.
Massive layoffs under the demorats, massive business closures, Pennylvania Hospital today annoucing it will not do child births due to nobamacare with others following the same pattern, gun control way down on the list of concerns for most Americans........sure they will, clown.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>On the bright side, Republicans will soon lose their majority.


Perhaps but the oldest justice, Ginsburg, is a liberal and by 2016 the country will be tired of Democrats destroying the country.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 Jan 16, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Massive layoffs under the demorats, massive business closures, Pennylvania Hospital today annoucing it will not do child births due to nobamacare with others following the same pattern, gun control way down on the list of concerns for most Americans........sure they will, clown.
Are there any Banana Republics on your planet?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16 Jan 16, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps but the oldest justice, Ginsburg, is a liberal and by 2016 the country will be tired of Democrats destroying the country.
By then your teacups will be empty. Evolution will take care of the rest.
liberal women are ugly

Sayville, NY

#17 Jan 16, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text> they know that this isn’t 1994
I agree. More like "1984". MCP is you an old man or is you a liberal old lady?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 Jan 16, 2013
liberal women are ugly wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. More like "1984". MCP is you an old man or is you a liberal old lady?
Is you a quadruped, or is you a single-cell amoeba?

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

#19 Jan 16, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, Feel Good Weapons Ban,2013
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention took up the issue in 2003, looking at bans on firearms, restrictions on firearms, waiting periods and licensing, zero tolerance laws in schools, childhood access prevention laws and combinations of all of these. The result?“The Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws or combinations of laws reviewed on violent outcomes.”
http://www.cultureandmediainstitute.org/print...
"If the existing assault-weapons ban expires, I personally do not believe it will make one whit of difference one way or another in terms of our objective, which is reducing death and injury and getting a particularly lethal class of firearms off the streets. So if it doesn't pass, it doesn't pass."
Violence Policy Center Tom Diaz
Our Osama-killing Commander-in-Chief said that Sandy Hook was the worst day of his Presidency… so he, along with every sensible American knew that something had to be done. Vice-President Biden didn’t get together with hundreds of groups to produce a “feel good” package for President Obama. I am just happy that we re-elected President Obama with this sizable mandate to enact Executive Powers to get the ball rolling on Gun Safety measures.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#20 Jan 16, 2013
these are the same dumbfcks that gave the president of mexico a standing ovation after he badmouthed the u.s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Bluestater 1,108,390
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 min helms 55,859
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Le Jimbo 152,807
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 20 min Le Jimbo 10,726
Hurdles for ObamaCare in 2nd sign-up season 28 min Le Jimbo 4
Opinion: We're Number 32 31 min Le Jimbo 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Earthling-1 46,556
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Democrat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••