Big cuts spur calls to Congress from irate constituents

There are 176 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 2, 2013, titled Big cuts spur calls to Congress from irate constituents. In it, Reuters reports that:

The Fed chairman has tried radical measures to put Americans back to work. Caren Bohan and Catherine Hollander argue that he's setting the stage for the next crisis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#72 Mar 3, 2013
Sundown wrote:
<quoted text>Time for you to post under another of your 100 forum names. Looking forward to more of your insane puke azzwipe.
I've got enough posts under my own name not to need any others. But I'm happy that you feel overwhelmed by them. One of my objectives is to reveal your crudeness and stupidity. I do that simply by getting you to post, as you just have.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#73 Mar 3, 2013
Sundown wrote:
<quoted text>You libs all worship Hitler.
Facism is truly more of a right wing kind of soiree...

Location hidden

#75 Mar 3, 2013
Sundown wrote:
<quoted text>You libs all worship Hitler.
Sundown, I invite you to gofuckyourself.

Location hidden

#76 Mar 3, 2013
Sundown wrote:
<quoted text>Re-check your objective dipshyt. You have none just like you have no brain.
This fool is unworthy of my attention. Guards!
see the light

El Paso, TX

#77 Mar 3, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just to enlighten you (fat chance), over 90% of entitlement spending goes to working families, the disabled, and the elderly. Over 50% of that spending goes to the middle class. You need to change bulbs, dimlit dimwit.
"Sucker born every minute"

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#78 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, indeed. the half of the country that pays no taxes to support the less fortunate are not doing their fair share. they should be helping those that are even less fortunate than them by funding even more programs to aid the needy.
But that's the half we're trying help, right. It would be, as Larry says, heartless to ask them to help. The other half will need to pay more, that's why we re-elected Obama. It is his mandate to help the less fortunate 50%.
App fool

Hanoi, Vietnam

#79 Mar 3, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>"Sucker born every minute"
so, CBS 60 minute is not a goodshow?!!;-00

St. Croix valley

#80 Mar 3, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's the half we're trying help, right. It would be, as Larry says, heartless to ask them to help. The other half will need to pay more, that's why we re-elected Obama. It is his mandate to help the less fortunate 50%.
but shouldn't there only be one person not payhing taxes? the LEAST fortunate person in the US? the rest just aren't paying their fair share. if you are making even $1 more than someone else, you should bre paying some of that to those poor unfortunates below you...
see the light

El Paso, TX

#81 Mar 3, 2013
App fool wrote:
<quoted text>
so, CBS 60 minute is not a goodshow?!!;-00
No
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

#82 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but shouldn't there only be one person not payhing taxes? the LEAST fortunate person in the US? the rest just aren't paying their fair share. if you are making even $1 more than someone else, you should bre paying some of that to those poor unfortunates below you...
BullSH!T, Just because someone works harder, or smarter than you,makes more than you, is more successful than you ....You have no right to anything they earn!

Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

#83 Mar 3, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLSH!T.........You don't help someone by giving them everything they need so they don't have to put forth the effort to support themselves.
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

#84 Mar 3, 2013
THere are NO cuts...the cuts are in the future increases. A mere 85 million is nothing to what the POTUS wants to spend (of YOUR money!)
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#85 Mar 4, 2013
Whatever is charged to the taxpayer is never going to be enough. You can beat these guys. Just join them. Collect. Cheat. Slow down if you can. Go underground for part of your survival. Help the Dems increase the deficit massively. Repubs have done nothing. Being suckers has caused what you read every day here on TOPIX or put up with the vile mouthiness of people all over. They can't stop you from joining them in collecting. And frankly the next few decades are not going to be morning in America bringing in something terrible. When it is over it will be our most shameful era. Eclipsing slavery and other terrible injustices.

St. Croix valley

#86 Mar 4, 2013
serfs up wrote:
Whatever is charged to the taxpayer is never going to be enough. You can beat these guys. Just join them. Collect. Cheat. Slow down if you can. Go underground for part of your survival. Help the Dems increase the deficit massively. Repubs have done nothing. Being suckers has caused what you read every day here on TOPIX or put up with the vile mouthiness of people all over. They can't stop you from joining them in collecting. And frankly the next few decades are not going to be morning in America bringing in something terrible. When it is over it will be our most shameful era. Eclipsing slavery and other terrible injustices.
victim mentality...

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#87 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but shouldn't there only be one person not payhing taxes? the LEAST fortunate person in the US? the rest just aren't paying their fair share. if you are making even $1 more than someone else, you should bre paying some of that to those poor unfortunates below you...
Evidently that is not progressively acceptable today. Sorry, it appears it will be a 50/50 thing.
Your Ex

United States

#88 Mar 4, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Almost as bad as Republican citizens.
I wold argue that illegals have a more positive overall impact on the economy...
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#89 Mar 4, 2013
Remember, fellow citizens...these parasites know it. They have to continue this ruse or it will fall apart. They use what you worked for against yourself, claiming the whole thing can not exist without a massive expanding government. Well just in the last two months, Homeland Security purchased two billion rounds of ammo. and now they are purchasing 27 hundred light armored tanks. This type of crap has been going on for many years. What the hell do you think these things are being done for? Unless it is for the end times, don't be the victim. Let them be.

St. Croix valley

#90 Mar 4, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently that is not progressively acceptable today. Sorry, it appears it will be a 50/50 thing.
Yep, i guess only some of us have to pay for the gov't we all use...

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#91 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wouldn't half of those 47% be republican? yes, yes they would?
prove it.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#92 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, i guess only some of us have to pay for the gov't we all use...
CBO: Federal Tax Revenue to Set Record in 2013...Ahhhhhhhhhh so it is Obama’s spending that is the problem.

Sequestration equals $85 billion in cuts………….Obama’s new taxes $149.7 billion.. What’s the problem……..over spending.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Hillary 2016 182,508
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min stanly kowalske 1,233,316
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 14 min mjjcpa 94
News Hispanic Caucus calls immigration court ruling ... 18 min wild child 15
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min red and right 53,562
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min Guru 189,969
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 58 min NoahLovesU 59,889
More from around the web