Democratic lawmakers seek to decrimin...

Democratic lawmakers seek to decriminalize and tax pot

There are 93 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 5, 2013, titled Democratic lawmakers seek to decriminalize and tax pot. In it, Reuters reports that:

U.S. states would be free to decide how to regulate marijuana just like beer and wine without running foul of federal law under legislation being proposed by two Democratic lawmakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#42 Feb 7, 2013
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
what does that have to do with marijuana?
Well Biden and marijuana are both dopes.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#43 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Just a glimps of how the liberal mind and fairness works. One does gaffs for a living, the other may well die for a living. Which one do you think should be cut......decisions decisions.
And? What does that have to do with pot being decriminalized?
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#44 Feb 7, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Alchohol is not an addictive substance on its own...years of abusing it mess with blood sugar levels and then withdrawal becomes a physical issue.
Food, cocaine, sex, gambling...all addicitve behaviors, not substances. Pot, too. A mental addiction can be just as hard to beat as a physical addiction.
Just sayin'.
Oh I know. Once I quit drinking I turned to chocolate. It's been twelve years since I quit and I must have chocolate in the house otherwise I get anxious. However I have smoked pot for years, but when I go vacation with my parents (and I don't smoke pot when visiting them) I have no problems. But I must bring chocolate.
Chicopee

United States

#45 Feb 7, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know. Once I quit drinking I turned to chocolate. It's been twelve years since I quit and I must have chocolate in the house otherwise I get anxious. However I have smoked pot for years, but when I go vacation with my parents (and I don't smoke pot when visiting them) I have no problems. But I must bring chocolate.
Chocolate? How's that a bad thing?? It's probably a lot more enjoyable than alcohol. Kudos for quitting.
I have a relative...female, sixty six, who is "addicted" to pot. She gets anxiety attacks without it, or so she says. I believe that she believes it. She smokes in front of anyone and everyone.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#46 Feb 8, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still around? I thought they shot you in your bunker.
Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi...

Hillary AWOL...
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#47 Feb 8, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Alchohol is not an addictive substance on its own...years of abusing it mess with blood sugar levels and then withdrawal becomes a physical issue.
Food, cocaine, sex, gambling...all addicitve behaviors, not substances. Pot, too. A mental addiction can be just as hard to beat as a physical addiction.
Just sayin'.
You know zero about alcoholism, some alcoholics are so addicted that if they suddenly stop it will kill them. I have seen alcoholics who after years of abstinence thought they could take just one drink of hard liquor and after doing so it was Katie bar the door nothing stopping them and they were back in the gutter again.
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#48 Feb 8, 2013
Make it legal and tax it like alcohol. I mean marijuana is ten times safer then alcohol and to you far righters god made marijuana.....Has to be good.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#49 Feb 8, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Make it legal and tax it like alcohol. I mean marijuana is ten times safer then alcohol and to you far righters god made marijuana.....Has to be good.
Why they go to tax it, the feds just need to de criminalize it. If I want to grow some broccoli in the back yard I don't have to pay tax on that.
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#50 Feb 8, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Why they go to tax it, the feds just need to de criminalize it. If I want to grow some broccoli in the back yard I don't have to pay tax on that.
Oh yea people should be able to grow it like any other garden produce. But if you dont have ability tog row anything you can buy it at store and pay tax. I make my own beer and wine....A
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#51 Feb 8, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea people should be able to grow it like any other garden produce. But if you dont have ability tog row anything you can buy it at store and pay tax. I make my own beer and wine....A
That if fine, I believe in freedom and I want to get rid of the drug violence that comes with drug money . There is no violence over who controls you broccoli or tomato trade you know.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#52 Feb 8, 2013
the tobacco companies are ready to make the pre-rolled.
.
they should just do it already, the $$ not spent will be noticed within 6 months.
and the border violence would drop dramatically.
and the prison population would drop dramatically.
.
sadly, because the cotton and oil industries would suffer greatly, it probably wont happen.
:(

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#53 Feb 8, 2013
Liberals want to make pot leagal and tax it because they are losing the smokers on an annual basis and in doing so are losing tax revenue.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#54 Feb 8, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Make it legal and tax it like alcohol. I mean marijuana is ten times safer then alcohol and to you far righters god made marijuana.....Has to be good.
He made Hemlock also, have a cup.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#55 Feb 8, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
That if fine, I believe in freedom and I want to get rid of the drug violence that comes with drug money . There is no violence over who controls you broccoli or tomato trade you know.
YEP....ban on alcohol created the MOB and ban on drugs created the gangs and cartels....END BANS AND NO MORE CRIMINAL GROUPS
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#56 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>He made Hemlock also, have a cup.
So are you for the ban on marijuana or againt?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57 Feb 8, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi...
You issuing a retraction, Dumbo?
au contraire wrote:
FLASH: THIS JUST IN FROM THE LIBERAL HIDE A STORY NETWORK...LA POLICE HAVE SHOT AND KILLED TWO ASIAN WOMEN ON A PAPER ROUTE....mistaking these two Asian women for a 6'3" 270 black man...
FLASH, this just in: DUMBO GOT IT WRONG YET AGAIN.

You would think DUMBO would check his sources before cross posting his DUMBOSpam across the web.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#58 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
Liberals want to make pot leagal and tax it because ...
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Poor Dumbo: he can change his alias but he can't afford a free spellchecker...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Le Jimbo
Since: Nov 08

You will find that someone could have had a baby, with no witnesses, up to a year old and still get a leagal BC just by ...
Roscoe P Coltrane

United States

#59 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>He made Hemlock also, have a cup.
If it's legal to possess and consume hemlock, then it should be also for cannabis.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#60 Feb 8, 2013
Roscoe P Coltrane wrote:
<quoted text>If it's legal to possess and consume hemlock, then it should be also for cannabis.
No kidding. Rat poison is legal to buy and own.....Many poisons that can kill in small tiny amounts is legal...But not a safe weed......STUPID

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#61 Feb 8, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you for the ban on marijuana or againt?
I could care less. I can't protect the morons from themselves so why try. Any time you give up control of your senses and motor skills, you are damaging your mind and body.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump hypes mock video of golf ball seen striki... 11 min See The Light 109
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min Limbertwig 289,138
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min mdbuilder 1,600,075
News Congressman Raul Grijalva Arrested in Front of ... 1 hr Concave 1
News Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat (Asso... 1 hr Chinga Tu Madre 6
News Trump, in new dig, mocks North Korea leader as ... 1 hr L Dack 31
Trump Has Stolen Your DonationsTo The RNC!C 2 hr Ms Sassy 1
More from around the web