Throwing away my vote?
Clay Horne

Dothan, AL

#1 Feb 24, 2009
For a long time I listened to those in the conservative community who said that " if you vote third party you'l be throwing away your vote. Well, that sounded logical but then one day I read an excerpt from one of the articles on the CP website that changed my mind. If I, from a Christian's perspective, vote for the candidate who represents Biblical principals the most ....how can I be in error or making a bad decision? The article explained how we as Christians should not vote for the lesser of two evils, anymore than we should assume GOD would expect us to make a decision for any evil at all. True, there are no "perfect" candidates, but we should vote on principle especially if we have a choice. And we do have a choice with the CP. I urge all of you who are true conservatives and Bible believers to spread the word about a party who still believes in God's principles to govern our nation. If we vote according to God's principles at the end of the day we'l know in our hearts we did the "right" thing.

Since: Mar 08

Gillett, Arkansas

#2 Feb 25, 2009
God Bless you, and you are right. If we ever expect our Country to recover , we must turn it over to God. He is the only one who can bless America.
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Mar 17, 2009
Clay I have the same problem. But I went ahead and voted my conceince. However when Im in a chat setting talking about politics and people ask Ive told them to my dismay who I voted for and why. When I tell them I suddenly have republicans screaming over the mic at me that I single handedly caused Obama to win and also the democrats yelling at me about their twisted constitutional views on health care and how the government is supposed to provide for the welfare of the people. Totally nuts. Parties make people hateful and litterally murderous. On top of the fact that I see both parties as pushing pretty much the same outcome....control of us and taking away our rights while giving them to the international laws and community.
Clay Horne

Dothan, AL

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Carol, I've been there too. But what I usually tell those who redicule me is that by voting for the candidate that regards the constitution as the guiding light of our nation, how could I be throwing away my vote? Of course that guiding light [constitution] was definitely grounded with biblical principals as it's foundation. We will never have a real statesman as our president unless we vote for him. So please dont be discouraged, worthy causes are seldom easily accomplished. God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constitution Party Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saving America (Mar '09) Nov '17 C Kersey 5
constitution (Feb '09) Aug '17 C Kersey 2
News Pizza Man Cain wants a third party for conserva... (Nov '12) May '15 swedenforever 9
News Brooks wins sheriff race (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ginger Morton 3
get Rush Limbaugh email address www.rushlimbaug... (Jun '13) Jun '13 john 1
HR 75 "The American Sovereignty Restoration Act... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Constitution Party 1
News Egypt: ElBaradei, Sabahi Leading March to Tahrir (Jan '13) Jan '13 fukuda 1
More from around the web