Christians Use Prophecy To Excuse Laziness

Feb 4, 2009 Full story: www.topix.com 24

By Chuck Baldwin February 3, 2009 In response to my two previous columns regarding the current development of a devilish New World Order, many professing Christians wrote me with comments to the effect that we should not be concerned about whatever global tyranny may be developing, because "it's all a part of God's plan," or "Jesus is coming soon," and similar statements. I, too, believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ to earth. But, then again, so did Christians from every generation over the last two millennia. In fact, the Apostle Paul was looking for the return of Christ while he lived (Philippians 3:20). But does anticipation of Christ's Second Coming excuse personal neglect, indifference, and downright laziness? Of course not.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

#1 Feb 4, 2009
Boy do I agree with the title of THIS story!
HOW TRUE! utterly!
Wayne

Lyburn, WV

#2 Feb 4, 2009
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
HOW TRUE! utterly!
So then,, you shouldn't mind when a Christian warns you of the fires of hell unless you repent and accept Christ as your Savior? Ok,, I'll stop being lazy and tell you that you are hellbound unless you convert to the ONLY Way,, Jesus the Christ IS the Only Way! But I'm one who doesn't believe in a rapture and therefore I do not believe that He will come any moment. Certain things must happen first.

So,, how about I warn of the anti-Christ that will be deceiving the whole world? How about I warn you that unless you repent of your sins that you are in danger of accepting the devil? And if you do then you ARE in trouble. There is still time for you to repent...don't pas this opportunity up. Stop being so rebellious toward god and let Him soften your heart toward Him.

But,,, you can only do it on HIS terms,, not yours..

How am I doing? This is what you wanted...

“Acts 1:7”

Since: Apr 08

thesecretary.wordpress.com/

#3 Feb 4, 2009
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
HOW TRUE! utterly!
Did you even read the article? The guy wants Christians to get MORE involved in politics and policy making. Or start some kind of revolution.

Since: Oct 07

Bawlmer

#4 Feb 4, 2009
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
So then,, you shouldn't mind when a Christian warns you of the fires of hell unless you repent and accept Christ as your Savior? Ok,, I'll stop being lazy and tell you that you are hellbound unless you convert to the ONLY Way,, Jesus the Christ IS the Only Way! But I'm one who doesn't believe in a rapture and therefore I do not believe that He will come any moment. Certain things must happen first.
So,, how about I warn of the anti-Christ that will be deceiving the whole world? How about I warn you that unless you repent of your sins that you are in danger of accepting the devil? And if you do then you ARE in trouble. There is still time for you to repent...don't pas this opportunity up. Stop being so rebellious toward god and let Him soften your heart toward Him.
But,,, you can only do it on HIS terms,, not yours..
How am I doing? This is what you wanted...
Your Christ can bugger off.
Wayne

Lyburn, WV

#5 Feb 4, 2009
aveteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Christ can bugger off.
You can take YOUR bugger and cram it,,

“Fundie SMACKER..”

#6 Feb 4, 2009
Dryad wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read the article? The guy wants Christians to get MORE involved in politics and policy making. Or start some kind of revolution.
Does the fact that you're a fundie make you stupid? I said "I AGREE with the TITLE of the article". I NEVER said I agreed with what was contained in it!

READING 'fundamentals' fundie!

“Fundie SMACKER..”

#7 Feb 4, 2009
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout you quit being lazy and start acting like christ would?

“Acts 1:7”

Since: Apr 08

thesecretary.wordpress.com/

#8 Feb 4, 2009
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
<quoted text>Does the fact that you're a fundie make you stupid? I said "I AGREE with the TITLE of the article". I NEVER said I agreed with what was contained in it!
READING 'fundamentals' fundie!
I understood what you said but it was pointless.

Since: Oct 07

Bawlmer

#9 Feb 4, 2009
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, SOOOO Christian.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#10 Feb 5, 2009
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer,[and] gathereth her food in the harvest. How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?[Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight [thereof], not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over [God's] heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
follower of Christ

Byron Center, MI

#11 Feb 5, 2009
Great article, and a good response to those who ask "Why do you care so much, God is in control?"
Today's good news is taken as fluff news, it is to degrade those who would take a stand against those who diminish the whole Gospel!
Light Sensitive

Massapequa, NY

#12 Feb 5, 2009
how could a believer read paul and understand that he expected the second coming in his life time and only his lifetime than just overlook it when it didnt happen, yet still call the man credible in his predictions...?

No wonder xtains and religious folks are the prime customers of paranormal shysters.
Light Sensitive

Massapequa, NY

#13 Feb 5, 2009
Quote form article/column "Had pastors and Christians of colonial America believed and acted as most Christians believe and act today, this country would still be a Crown colony and we would never have known the freedoms and liberties that our forebears bequeathed to us. Christians of that era, however, believed that it was their duty and obligation to fight for right and do everything within their power to resist tyranny."

thankfully the FF's and their fellow colonists were not drowning in the bible and wasting all their time with it. the early americans (beside having a great work ethic)understood that while reading the bible was good, once in awhile, reading it too much and making it your only source of insight was very very bad. as we see now.

why american xtians who are obsessed with the bible dont see how similar they are becoming like the islamic extremists is beyond me. the parallels are frightening.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#14 Feb 5, 2009
How easily swayed we are when we read any thing well articulated! We Christians were never told to take up arms against any tyrants, but were encouraged to continue the only "works" that are required of us, which is to preach repentance and the good news of the coming kingdom, even in the face of tyranny and death. The fact of the matter is, these happenings are according to prophesy. And none can stop them! Even during the times of the early church, we find many martyrs that didn't lose their lives because they physically rebelled against anyone, but because they refused to stop preaching the word of the most High! Is it not prophesied that the whole world will be taken by the "spirit of the air," Satan? Can we stop this? Is it not prophesied that many will be called, but few chosen? Can we stop this? Again, all we can do about this is what is required of us. First, let us be the perfect examples to the nations as to what true Christianity is and what's to be expected in the coming kingdom. That's first and foremost. But, secondly, let's preach the importance of repentance and the coming of the next kingdom. This is all that's required of us. As to how any can see the early Americans as true Christians bewilders me, especially knowing the history of these "forefathers." The founding of this country had nothing whatdoever to do with religion, nor Christianity. Just people that were tired of being on the bottom of the totem pole. Not to say that this is wrong, but come on. The true Christians of the early church hid themselves from their tyrrants. False Christians assimilated with their pagan tyrrants. Question: Where did "freedom of religion" get us? To a point that we can freely practice Satanism as long as it's within the restrictions of this government. For the record, the true Christian nation is global. Not just one country, such as this so-called united states of southern North America. When the early Americans fought against the tyrant, Britain, it become a war with "Christians" on the one side against the "Christians" on the other. Is this what the Father recommended? Wake up, Christians.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Vincentown, NJ

#16 Feb 6, 2009
This is a moron talibangelical trying to "reason" - after a fashion - with other moron talibangelicals. The sad part is these irrational, Middle Ages' mentality loons are going to make any sort of social progress or problem solving impossible. They want the mythical "Rapture," and the irony is their insanity is going to bring those very disasters, if not the subsequent, little airlift for the good xstains.

Since: Aug 08

LaGrange, IN

#17 Feb 7, 2009
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Up both Nostrils! Amen

LaGrange, IN

#18 Feb 7, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
How easily swayed we are when we read any thing well articulated! We Christians were never told to take up arms against any tyrants, but were encouraged to continue the only "works" that are required of us, which is to preach repentance and the good news of the coming kingdom, even in the face of tyranny and death. The fact of the matter is, these happenings are according to prophesy. And none can stop them! Even during the times of the early church, we find many martyrs that didn't lose their lives because they physically rebelled against anyone, but because they refused to stop preaching the word of the most High! Is it not prophesied that the whole world will be taken by the "spirit of the air," Satan? Can we stop this? Is it not prophesied that many will be called, but few chosen? Can we stop this? Again, all we can do about this is what is required of us. First, let us be the perfect examples to the nations as to what true Christianity is and what's to be expected in the coming kingdom. That's first and foremost. But, secondly, let's preach the importance of repentance and the coming of the next kingdom. This is all that's required of us. As to how any can see the early Americans as true Christians bewilders me, especially knowing the history of these "forefathers." The founding of this country had nothing whatdoever to do with religion, nor Christianity. Just people that were tired of being on the bottom of the totem pole. Not to say that this is wrong, but come on. The true Christians of the early church hid themselves from their tyrrants. False Christians assimilated with their pagan tyrrants. Question: Where did "freedom of religion" get us? To a point that we can freely practice Satanism as long as it's within the restrictions of this government. For the record, the true Christian nation is global. Not just one country, such as this so-called united states of southern North America. When the early Americans fought against the tyrant, Britain, it become a war with "Christians" on the one side against the "Christians" on the other. Is this what the Father recommended? Wake up, Christians.
Excellent!

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Glenmoore, PA

#19 Feb 7, 2009
djrsml wrote:
<quoted text> Excellent!
Well, I guess this leaves us no choice: We'll just have to pass laws saying fundie morons of whatever religion can't adopt, marry whom they wish, serve openly in the armed forces or be protected from arbitrary firing.

After all, these alleged "Christian" fundie talibangelicals surely practice the golden rule, and therefore by defintion expect to be treated as they treat others.

LaGrange, IN

#20 Feb 7, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess this leaves us no choice: We'll just have to pass laws saying fundie morons of whatever religion can't adopt, marry whom they wish, serve openly in the armed forces or be protected from arbitrary firing.
After all, these alleged "Christian" fundie talibangelicals surely practice the golden rule, and therefore by defintion expect to be treated as they treat others.
How is anything that I've said, related to Your Mumbling?

Did I not imply that I am for separation of Church and State?
janeebananee

United States

#21 Feb 7, 2009
Light Sensitive wrote:
Quote form article/column "Had pastors and Christians of colonial America believed and acted as most Christians believe and act today, this country would still be a Crown colony and we would never have known the freedoms and liberties that our forebears bequeathed to us. Christians of that era, however, believed that it was their duty and obligation to fight for right and do everything within their power to resist tyranny."
thankfully the FF's and their fellow colonists were not drowning in the bible and wasting all their time with it. the early americans (beside having a great work ethic)understood that while reading the bible was good, once in awhile, reading it too much and making it your only source of insight was very very bad. as we see now.
why american xtians who are obsessed with the bible dont see how similar they are becoming like the islamic extremists is beyond me. the parallels are frightening.
I don't think those victimized by the Salem witch trials, among many periods of misguided Xtian fervour, would agree with your take on America's Xtian History.
As for your glowing praise of the "work ethic", work was the only way to survive...until, that is, the Americvan Xtian workload was considerably lightened by the dark-skinned slave importations!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constitution Party Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza Man Cain wants a third party for conserva... (Nov '12) Dec 10 swedenforever 8
Brooks wins sheriff race Nov '14 Ginger Morton 3
get Rush Limbaugh email address www.rushlimbaug... (Jun '13) Jun '13 john 1
HR 75 "The American Sovereignty Restoration Act... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Constitution Party 1
Egypt: ElBaradei, Sabahi Leading March to Tahrir (Jan '13) Jan '13 fukuda 1
Dangers of the TransPacific Protocol (Jan '13) Jan '13 AmericanMe 1
Egypt's Islamists call for Friday rally 'to def... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Mario Makalintal 1