Kentucky teacher in trouble for politically-charged message on white board

Nov 25, 2012 Full story: The Daily Caller 87

A high school teacher in London, Kentucky violated district policy when she wrote a politically-charged statement on the white board in her classroom shortly after the 2012 presidential election, a local newspaper has reported.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
not religious

London, KY

#84 Jan 3, 2013
What!!!
Realtor

London, KY

#85 Jan 8, 2013
Is this women still teaching? If so why?
KY Proud

Winchester, KY

#86 Jan 8, 2013
Country Bumpkin2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uninformed...now there are a lot of those on here!!!
I tend to agree that she was probably not doing anything radical but who knows, this is South Eastern Kentucky and if you are not a FAR right wing fundamentalist Christian Republican then most believe you are on your way to hell and feel the need to point it out to you at every opportunity. And of course they must tell your children to save them from the same fate whether or not it conflicts with your family's belief and what you want taught to your children in matters of religion.
I would like to know more of the story, still.
Both your posts show that you are anti-christian and anti-republican and you think it's fine for you to presume to know what what most Southeastern Kentuckians believe and feel, yet you have a problem with the above poster assuming most Southeastern Kentuckians are on welfare. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
wondering

Winchester, KY

#87 Jan 8, 2013
Rest of the story wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the rest of the story...or I should say "the first of the story". It was not a part of a class lesson, and it all started a week before, the day after election. They were discussing the election amongst themselves, not part of a classroom lesson. The girl was stating her approval of Omama and started being harrassed and bullied about that and her teacher did nothing, and from the way I heard it tended to go along with the other students. The girl went home upset and told her mother. Her mother went to the superintendent the very next day and told him about it. The teacher said she would apologize, but did not.
Then a week later the girl went into her room and found that "you can't be a Democrat and go to Heaven" written on the white board. She took a picture of it. The girl put the picture on Facebook and then all **** broke loose. The girl's mother went back to the superintendent about the writing on the board with the picture. The teacher admitted to it and said she knew it was inappropriate. She said she heard a student say it, liked the quote and wanted to remember it so she wrote it on the board - those are her exact words.(I think she should have been able to remember such a short quote without having to write it on the board, but then, that's my opinion)....Anyway she had to apologize to the girl and the rest of her students, but nothing else was done, no punishment of this teacher for violating school policy. Also this 17 year old student continues to be bullied about the incident and doesn't want to go back to school.
NOW...that's not my story but the story told directly from the student's mother...and no, she is not on welfare as if that would matter anyway. The mother is a very nice person who is a mail carrier for the post office......Most of the news stories about this neglect to tell how it started a whole week before the white board writing, so this stuff was actually going on for over a week.
How would the students mother know for sure if she wasn't in the classroom? And what does working for the Post Office have to do with It? I would think the other students would know more than the mail deliverer.
wondering

Winchester, KY

#88 Jan 8, 2013
concerned mother wrote:
I am sorry, it seems everyone likes to include their opinion, and then so shall I. That student had every right to voice who she voted for. if the teacher wrote that on the board because she tought it was a good quote, then what is she teaching our children? That poor child is alreay being harassed by the other students for her american right to vote. IT IS AN AMERICAN RIGHT TO VOTE FOR WHO WE WANT!! Why be shamed for it? That teacher had no right to shame her further by writing that where anyone and everyone could see it and further harass her over it. SHAME on all that call names and harass people over who they vote for. I didn't vote for Romney, so sue me, harass me, I could care less. I am not on welfare,I am a nursing student. That teacher should be made an example of!! Fire her, and let God judge her!
And if you ever make an similar error in your profession as a nurse do you think you should be fired?
wondering

Winchester, KY

#89 Jan 8, 2013
I don't think any of the school administration were fired over this in 2009.

B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington
Mmm, Mmm, Mmm Barack Hussein Obama Mmm, Mmm, Mmm
well huh

Mount Vernon, KY

#92 Jan 15, 2013
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text> ok if she was and has been tought to be a democrat and her teacher tells her she is going to he'll I'd go home crying also
newsflash there is no hell. No heaven. No god. Now go home crying about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conservative Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feds To Regulate Fake Fireplaces To Stop Global... 14 hr B as in B S as in S 1
Immigration Reform That Doesn't 'Turn Off The M... 14 hr Memo From Turner 12
California DMV inconveniences citizens to help ... Fri whenagendapeoplea... 1
The bitter fruit of Obama's deal with Cuba's ap... Thu Doc Proper 7
Feds Tighten Regulations On Hotel Ice Makers To... Jan 28 SpaceBlues 1
Romney: "I'll give a $1.6M reward' for Gingrich... (Jan '12) Jan 28 swedenforever 13
ISIS, Qaeda Tie Knot in First Gay Wedding in Se... Jan 28 Old Pom 11
More from around the web