Kentucky teacher in trouble for polit...

Kentucky teacher in trouble for politically-charged message on white board

There are 87 comments on the The Daily Caller story from Nov 25, 2012, titled Kentucky teacher in trouble for politically-charged message on white board. In it, The Daily Caller reports that:

A high school teacher in London, Kentucky violated district policy when she wrote a politically-charged statement on the white board in her classroom shortly after the 2012 presidential election, a local newspaper has reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Caller.

girl who knows

London, KY

#64 Nov 28, 2012
I dont think the teacher should be fired from the school system this is suppose to be United States Of America people where we suppose to have freedom of speech and what she did is voice her opinion and thats no reason to be fired but maybe she shouldnt voice her opinion in school on political matter but even if she did who cares why raise such a stink over such a small issue if thats how she believes then thats her feelings if other want to feel the way she does that is their business but if not then so what there is a whole world of different minded kind of people in this world and thats what makes it a world and makes the world go around so spank her hand and tell her not to do it no more like you would your child maybe she didnt know any better maybe she didnt know it would cause any harm
lmao

London, KY

#65 Nov 28, 2012
It dont matter if you talk about politics or the bible its always someone who is offended by what you say and i will say what i want to cause this and be outspoken and express my opinion and be proud that im a straight up and real and not a coward who would hump up and think something but be brave enough to say it atleast the teacher has backbone give her some credit for that i think that teacher is awesome and i dont even know her but im a democrate myself and i would not mind at all for her to teach my child cause my child has knowledge enough to know that is a matter of opinion and everyone feels how they feel this whole thing to me seems retarded to make a issue out of and to be publishized lets talk about the hippocrits next express our opinions on that cause i have opinions

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#66 Nov 28, 2012
girl who knows wrote:
I dont think the teacher should be fired from the school system this is suppose to be United States Of America people where we suppose to have freedom of speech and what she did is voice her opinion and thats no reason to be fired but maybe she shouldnt voice her opinion in school on political matter but even if she did who cares why raise such a stink over such a small issue if thats how she believes then thats her feelings if other want to feel the way she does that is their business but if not then so what there is a whole world of different minded kind of people in this world and thats what makes it a world and makes the world go around so spank her hand and tell her not to do it no more like you would your child maybe she didnt know any better maybe she didnt know it would cause any harm
Teachers are paid to teach, not to give their own opinions. Her students have impressionable, young minds; if she didn't know any better, as you say, then she doesn't need to be in a position to teach others until she does know better. I think her behavior was as immature as the student who first spoke the phrase.
Are you one of her students? The one who took the picture, perhaps?
layittothem

Ivel, KY

#67 Nov 29, 2012
l know wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this attorney from London? Does he or she have any other cases like this? What's the biggest case this attorney has ever had? Win it?
No he isn't from London. He practices all I over. He has won cases against fortune 500 companies and practiced on the national level and has the receivedmutlmilliondollar verdicts. He is currently representing families of children in 10 cases verses ky schools. He is the name man.
Ky girl

London, KY

#68 Nov 29, 2012
I think it's rediculous that the teacher got in trouble. This is a free country, you can speak your mind. I also think the student needs to grow up and quit being a baby. The girl is 17 and going home crying over something she thought was intended for her, and it wasn't. In my opinion, the mother has too much time on her hands to make a big deal out of this, pulling the student out of school. I think the teacher did no wrong, she has the right as anyone else to speak her mind.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#69 Nov 29, 2012
Ky girl wrote:
I think it's rediculous that the teacher got in trouble. This is a free country, you can speak your mind. I also think the student needs to grow up and quit being a baby. The girl is 17 and going home crying over something she thought was intended for her, and it wasn't. In my opinion, the mother has too much time on her hands to make a big deal out of this, pulling the student out of school. I think the teacher did no wrong, she has the right as anyone else to speak her mind.
No, I don't think she does have the right to speak her mind while in the capacity of a teacher receiving a state salary. She does have the right to speak her mind on her own time.
l know

United States

#70 Nov 29, 2012
layittothem wrote:
<quoted text>
No he isn't from London. He practices all I over. He has won cases against fortune 500 companies and practiced on the national level and has the receivedmutlmilliondollar verdicts. He is currently representing families of children in 10 cases verses ky schools. He is the name man.
Well, if what you say is true, you may have the very person to represent this family. I can't say all that about my guy. I would at least get the number and call.
london

Morehead, KY

#71 Nov 29, 2012
I agree it was wrong for the teacher to write it.but a law suit!! How dramatic and ridiculous!!! What are they suing for?? Is it money? The teachers job to be taken! The lady has put alot of yrs in she surely shouldn't be fired!!
also

London, KY

#72 Nov 29, 2012
concerned mother wrote:
I am sorry, it seems everyone likes to include their opinion, and then so shall I. That student had every right to voice who she voted for. if the teacher wrote that on the board because she tought it was a good quote, then what is she teaching our children? That poor child is alreay being harassed by the other students for her american right to vote. IT IS AN AMERICAN RIGHT TO VOTE FOR WHO WE WANT!! Why be shamed for it? That teacher had no right to shame her further by writing that where anyone and everyone could see it and further harass her over it. SHAME on all that call names and harass people over who they vote for. I didn't vote for Romney, so sue me, harass me, I could care less. I am not on welfare,I am a nursing student. That teacher should be made an example of!! Fire her, and let God judge her!
I agree with everything you said. Best post I've seen on this thread. People don't use common sense when it comes to some things. I too say fire her.
well huh

London, KY

#73 Nov 30, 2012
This "child" was 17 so she didn't vote for anyone. She needs to grow a thicker skin if she is going to live in the real world. Should the teacher have wrote the statement? No. Should this have gone as far as it has? Hell no. While all this is going on, what is getting neglected. If this was elementary school, maybe, but high school no. Grow the hell up. Wait till she get's a job, then sh can really be offended.
Vet

London, KY

#74 Nov 30, 2012
What a poor excuse for a teacher. FIRE the wench.
l know

United States

#75 Nov 30, 2012
If you fail to understand how wrong the teacher's statement is, how out of line and screwed up it is, you have an issue - a MAJOR issue. It is wrong! Bearing false witness! Stupidity! You don't pass judgement. You don't make such statements as fact. You don't tell a child of God that they are going to hell! Speaking of growing up!
sad

Greenbrier, AR

#76 Dec 1, 2012
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That lady was from Carlisle and what you left out were the 10, yes 10 other adults living in the trailer that were Mexicans and other lazy Americans who were to lazy to get jobs and spent their time drinking and partying! CNN won't report the other side of the facts! When you sleep with dogs you get fleas!! No doubt they voted for Obama!!
Anyways someone with a heart of gold bought this poor lady a new Mobile Home God Bless them it's a shame that anyone is poor enough that they have to live in a Mobil Home anyways .I seen this story and felt so bad for the women .
layittothem

Ivel, KY

#77 Dec 2, 2012
london wrote:
I agree it was wrong for the teacher to write it.but a law suit!! How dramatic and ridiculous!!! What are they suing for?? Is it money? The teachers job to be taken! The lady has put alot of yrs in she surely shouldn't be fired!!
Religious persecution is a civil rights issue.
l know

United States

#78 Dec 3, 2012
london wrote:
And we sit back wondering why people are so stupid and embedded with crazy shit like this. Yes sue. Dramatic and ridiculous is what this adult played into with a group of adolescents. Too many years, apparently!
get even

Vilonia, AR

#79 Dec 3, 2012
If she wrote it to express her own personal opinion then she was wrong and should be forced to apologize, but not fired. If she wrote it because one of her students said it, then it is fine. What are those kids going to do if they go to college? Cry to momma because they are exposed to opinions they disagree with?
millie

London, KY

#80 Dec 8, 2012
The rat is back on her throne so she thinks. Telling it all to anyone who will listen... that is the b____ with the big mouth, better known as the man eater, and she's that too! Her initials are DL. Now if u jokers cant figure that one out might as well hang it up boys and girls...bunch of dummies. This woman does not need to work in an attorneys office. The gossip she spreads is ridiculous!
january

Burkesville, KY

#81 Dec 10, 2012
This entire scenario has apparently been pushed under the rug in Laurel Co. But not before it hit the world news in spades. Do a google search for "You Can't Be a Democrat and Go to Heaven". It is all around the globe now, including a song being written about it. Why? Because IT WAS OUTRAGEOUS, OUT OF LINE, UNPROFESSIONAL any way you paint it, any way you spin it. No, she was not "just posting a student comment for discussion". That is a flat LIE. She had been baiting and steaming and preaching her philosophy for quite a while and seemed not to "get it" even after her hand was called. And the student misses her senior year while this "so called teacher" stays in the classroom??? That is what is outrageous. The administration should be ashamed...but I am sure they underestimated the power of the media in the hands of the determined. The problem with that county is that they have for so long had no base to argue with them that they genuinely think Republicans rule...everywhere...on earth...and that anyone who has a differing idea is outrageous for daring to disagree! They got a little high and mighty here, swept it under the rug, didn't take care of business...and guess what? You people OWN the outcome. I hope the woman is embarrassed out of her gourd and she best stay in Laurel Co. to teach, because I have news...there are plenty of places who would not want her in their classrooms. Laurel Co. wouldn't either if she had written "You can't be a Republican and go to heaven." In that case she would have paid and paid dearly. Not just a hand smack for the sake of appearance. Times they are a' changin...and you people better wake up because you won't rule that county forever. You have way too many newcomers and way too much traffic to stay in your perverted hole of thought and rule much longer. I for one, and actually one of many, will be glad to see change coming.
Amanda

Saint Charles, IL

#82 Dec 11, 2012
idont thinkso wrote:
<quoted text> no she dosen't need to be fired she just posted her on opinion and she cannot do that in class. i agree with her opinion
you agree that you will go to hell if your a democrat?!! You need to educate yourself on the bible!
Amanda

Saint Charles, IL

#83 Dec 11, 2012
well huh wrote:
This "child" was 17 so she didn't vote for anyone. She needs to grow a thicker skin if she is going to live in the real world. Should the teacher have wrote the statement? No. Should this have gone as far as it has? Hell no. While all this is going on, what is getting neglected. If this was elementary school, maybe, but high school no. Grow the hell up. Wait till she get's a job, then sh can really be offended.
ok if she was and has been tought to be a democrat and her teacher tells her she is going to he'll I'd go home crying also

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conservative Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texan, Californian Secessionists Run To Russia ... 2 hr Cassandra_ 1
News Obama Kept His Promise, 83,000 Coal Jobs Lost A... 20 hr Chilli J 167
News Yes, #BlackLivesMatter Is About Hate 21 hr Repeater 2
News This Tiny Georgia Town Received More Syrian Ref... Sep 23 TrapMusic 2
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... Sep 23 disgusted 26
News JonBenet Ramsey's Brother Sues Over Documentary... Sep 22 justice4JBR 8
News Donald Trump: Illegal Immigrant Deportations Co... (Sep '15) Sep 22 Wildchild 9
More from around the web