Kentucky teacher in trouble for politically-charged message on white board

Nov 25, 2012 Full story: The Daily Caller 87

A high school teacher in London, Kentucky violated district policy when she wrote a politically-charged statement on the white board in her classroom shortly after the 2012 presidential election, a local newspaper has reported.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Fire Her

London, KY

#1 Nov 25, 2012
She needs to be fired; but I know that did not happen!
idont thinkso

London, KY

#2 Nov 25, 2012
Fire Her wrote:
no she dosen't need to be fired she just posted her on opinion and she cannot do that in class. i agree with her opinion
News

London, KY

#3 Nov 25, 2012
She wrote what the student said on the board. It was current events and her subject is related. What about that student who illegally took a picture inside the classroom? This teacher should in no way be fired for making a mistake and writing an inappropriate statement made by a student. I'm sure that she was going to discuss the statements after the list was made. How dare you, a person who is likely on some sort of welfare, say that a working professional teacher should be fired over this one minor incident?
Get Real

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Nov 25, 2012
I do not feel she should be fired over this if it was her only first mistake in 17 yrs of teaching. I do think though that this was a very bad mistake. The last i checked only God decides who gets into heaven not a teacher and sure not someone on topix. Political beliefs do not decide either who gets into heaven. I have heard this comment from a few as of late and each time it shocks me that ppl who say they are Christians would dare do that type of judgement.

Since: Mar 09

London, KY

#5 Nov 25, 2012
News wrote:
She wrote what the student said on the board. It was current events and her subject is related. What about that student who illegally took a picture inside the classroom? This teacher should in no way be fired for making a mistake and writing an inappropriate statement made by a student. I'm sure that she was going to discuss the statements after the list was made. How dare you, a person who is likely on some sort of welfare, say that a working professional teacher should be fired over this one minor incident?
I love how everyone that disagrees with someone on here assumes the other one is on welfare. Obviously if they were a good working christian American they would agree with you, LOL!

I would love to know the rest of the story. Did she write other opinions on the board? Was it a discussion that allowed for different opinions? What exactley was the topic of discussion?

If she was having an open minded discussion and allowing the students to say things they had heard about the election and opening them for discussion then I see nothing really wrong with that. If she, in the role of teacher, was in front of the class trying to imply that what she wrote is true, then yeah, she should be fired.
News

London, KY

#6 Nov 25, 2012
Country Bumpkin2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how everyone that disagrees with someone on here assumes the other one is on welfare. Obviously if they were a good working christian American they would agree with you, LOL!
I would love to know the rest of the story. Did she write other opinions on the board? Was it a discussion that allowed for different opinions? What exactley was the topic of discussion?
If she was having an open minded discussion and allowing the students to say things they had heard about the election and opening them for discussion then I see nothing really wrong with that. If she, in the role of teacher, was in front of the class trying to imply that what she wrote is true, then yeah, she should be fired.
Point made. I take back my statement about welfare and insert the word uninformed. The article said that she was writing what the students said. This is often a good starting point for a lesson. Teachers find out student misconception so they can deal with that. Obviously I am not that teacher, and I can't get into the head of that teacher. However, the article said this was a veteran teacher which leads me to believe she is not in the practice of teaching students such a crazy idea.

Since: Mar 09

London, KY

#7 Nov 25, 2012
News wrote:
<quoted text>Point made. I take back my statement about welfare and insert the word uninformed. The article said that she was writing what the students said. This is often a good starting point for a lesson. Teachers find out student misconception so they can deal with that. Obviously I am not that teacher, and I can't get into the head of that teacher. However, the article said this was a veteran teacher which leads me to believe she is not in the practice of teaching students such a crazy idea.
Uninformed...now there are a lot of those on here!!!

I tend to agree that she was probably not doing anything radical but who knows, this is South Eastern Kentucky and if you are not a FAR right wing fundamentalist Christian Republican then most believe you are on your way to hell and feel the need to point it out to you at every opportunity. And of course they must tell your children to save them from the same fate whether or not it conflicts with your family's belief and what you want taught to your children in matters of religion.

I would like to know more of the story, still.
last days

London, KY

#8 Nov 25, 2012
She is saying if your a republican your going to heavin not if your a born again christian, that just shows her ignorance on religion.
goingtoheaven

Norfolk, VA

#9 Nov 25, 2012
News wrote:
<quoted text>Point made. I take back my statement about welfare and insert the word uninformed. The article said that she was writing what the students said. This is often a good starting point for a lesson. Teachers find out student misconception so they can deal with that. Obviously I am not that teacher, and I can't get into the head of that teacher. However, the article said this was a veteran teacher which leads me to believe she is not in the practice of teaching students such a crazy idea.
Point taken - yep - how could you possibly decide to write what you wrote earlier, then? I am incredibly sickened by Lexington folks who react as you do. My son is now going to go to school in the Lexington area and I am going to do everything in my power to protect his beautiful, loving spirit from people who are unthinking, judgmental souls. I feel like I am going to throw up-I am so sickened by your first response. I will be in prayer for folks who do not think, and I know God is going to protect my son from becoming an unthinking Lexington "citizen". I would not be able to live in the Lexington area because it would feel like my mind was dying out of lack of respectful conversation.

I will print out every response about this issue so that my son and I can discuss this, with respect for every child of God, in a way that will lead to self-growth for him. I guess I should thank you for prompting me to take this action for my beautiful, smart son.
Teacher

El Paso, AR

#10 Nov 25, 2012
This story made national news. What an embarrassment to our community and our school system. This women has no business teaching. Little wonder our school system is in the 50th percentile within the state.
Bigger

El Paso, AR

#11 Nov 25, 2012
last days wrote:
She is saying if your a republican your going to heavin not if your a born again christian, that just shows her ignorance on religion.
Ignorance on religion ??? It just shows IGNORANCE period !!!
agree

Rawson, OH

#12 Nov 25, 2012
Fire Her wrote:
Yes she does. Apparently she has no clue about politics or religion, if she is that naive I would not want her to teach my children. If I were a parent I would make it clear to the school, my child is not to be taught by her.
Me Thinks

Williamsburg, KY

#13 Nov 25, 2012
She should sue the fu ckers.
john

London, KY

#14 Nov 25, 2012
leave the teacher alone
Ex Londoner

Somerset, KY

#15 Nov 25, 2012
Get Real wrote:
I do not feel she should be fired over this if it was her only first mistake in 17 yrs of teaching. I do think though that this was a very bad mistake. The last i checked only God decides who gets into heaven not a teacher and sure not someone on topix. Political beliefs do not decide either who gets into heaven. I have heard this comment from a few as of late and each time it shocks me that ppl who say they are Christians would dare do that type of judgement.
Evedently you people do'nt know her to good because she thinks that she is god.Always has and always will.She's nothing but a little spoiled brat that thinks her poop do'nt stink and that she's better than everyone else..
student

Madisonville, KY

#16 Nov 25, 2012
leave her alone you dont even know her
Ex Londoner

Somerset, KY

#17 Nov 25, 2012
student wrote:
Now how do you know that i do'nt know her? I bet one thing i know her a whole lot better than you do.Hee!Hee!..
Ex Londoner

Somerset, KY

#18 Nov 25, 2012
student wrote:
This is just what she needed some national news attention.Maybe this will bring her down a notch or two back into the real world something she's been needing for a long time..Hee! Hee!..
Send in the clowns

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Nov 25, 2012
I think the new super should send Denise and Randy in, they will sure take care of her. LMAO The school system is a JOKE. The things that they worry about are totally opposite of what they should be worrying about.
South football fan

United States

#20 Nov 25, 2012
Thats what laurel county school system needed to be in the news for something else. NOT. That's your laurel county school system for ya. What is going to go on here next....lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conservative Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Threat Fulfilled?: Farrakhan Said 'We'll Tear T... 55 min neveratfault 25
Russia Invades Ukraine, Hookers Raise Prices Dec 22 NbSissy 4
Obama administration accused of political motiv... Dec 21 Guess Who 6
Obama, Holder condemn murders of NYPD officers Dec 20 OId Sailor 1
Secret Service Panel: Build Bigger Fence Around... Dec 19 Sunshine 2
Obama To Require Government Caseworkers To Cold... Dec 19 Anon 1
Vermont's Giving Up On Single-Payer Health Care... Dec 18 jonik 1
More from around the web