Georgia Sheriff Refuses to Assist A&E Following Robertson's Firing

Dec 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Gateway Pundit

Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller has a hug for Douglasville Police Chief Chris Womack at a ceremony.

Comments
1 - 20 of 149 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
silly humans

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

I see so many people in an uproar. Do they realize that the person they defend so adamantly actually believes the earth was created 6000 years ago? Half the things he says, particularly in that article, are just factually wrong. And now they associate themselves with him. Congratulations to them on joining the ignorant.
silly humans

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

"You don't even believe that God sits on a throne, you don't believe he gave the book with the lamb, you don't believe the lamb's gonna come with the reward..."

Sounds like a quote from Duck commander right? You were probably just thinking, "yeah, there's someone telling it like it is, willing to speak their mind". Actually it's taken from the transcript of negotiations with David Koresh. See the resemblance? There's a reason they sound the same. Think about this long enough and you will see the irony.
dvillegirl

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

Good for you, Sheriff Phil Miller!!! I agree with your statements!!!!
That is what is wrong with society this day and time... They are to ignorant to stand up for what they believe in!
They are to ignorant

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

That's right, duck and other evangelicals should publicize the fact that they believe earth was created in 7 days 6000 years ago, immaculate
conception, walking on water, giant boats, parting of the seas, talking snakes...I could go on, but must I? That way we can see who needs the medication.
Quagmire

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

I love it when Christians unite, speak the truth and defend each other.

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

Adolf Hitler

Well, that's awkward
Christians unite

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

We must band together in solidarity to profess our faith and religion. We must fight the battles against Christmas and christianity! Most importantly we must make sure we all tell everyone how much we believe! Otherwise, just imagine how crazy we would sound if it weren't for all of us agreeing with each other! One person talking to nobody is mental illness, but a group of people doing it is called praying.
Take a Stand

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

I fully support Sheriff Miller and am glad he took stand against A&E. Way to go Sheriff!
taxpayer

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

So Phil Miller inserted himself in a labor dispute that does not concern Douglas County or the Douglas County Sheriff's Department. He essentially told A&E to take a hike and take the $$$ they spend in Douglas County and any jobs or part time jobs they fund and shove them. Do you think A& E cares? There are thousands of other counties that don't have a Sheriff telling them not to come. They would love to have those $$$ and the recognition that comes with a TV show or film. As a taxpayer, I have an issue with that kind of disregard for the good work that our Chamber of Commerce and the other agencies that work really hard landing jobs, companies, etc to increase the tax base of the county. I guess Phil just doesn't mind shooting those people in the back.
taxpayer

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

@Christian united --- what are you talking about. You certainly don't have a corner on Christianity. I am fighting no battles against Christmas or Christianity -- I celebrate both and wish you Happy Holidays. By the way - praying can be done by only one person - it doesn't take a group. Put the eggnog down.
mmm15937

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

They are to ignorant wrote:
That's right, duck and other evangelicals should publicize the fact that they believe earth was created in 7 days 6000 years ago, immaculate
conception, walking on water, giant boats, parting of the seas, talking snakes...I could go on, but must I? That way we can see who needs the medication.
He created the universe in 6 days and rested on the 7th. If your going to bash us Christians at least get your facts straight. Yes he even created DUCKS.
mmm15937

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

taxpayer wrote:
So Phil Miller inserted himself in a labor dispute that does not concern Douglas County or the Douglas County Sheriff's Department. He essentially told A&E to take a hike and take the $$$ they spend in Douglas County and any jobs or part time jobs they fund and shove them. Do you think A& E cares? There are thousands of other counties that don't have a Sheriff telling them not to come. They would love to have those $$$ and the recognition that comes with a TV show or film. As a taxpayer, I have an issue with that kind of disregard for the good work that our Chamber of Commerce and the other agencies that work really hard landing jobs, companies, etc to increase the tax base of the county. I guess Phil just doesn't mind shooting those people in the back.
No matter how much money comes in it will not be enough. Look at your 26 percent property tax increase. Your rain tax on your water bill. The nicest jail in the United States, your court house the Romans would be jealous of, your wonderful mall that was supposed to all but end property tax. Last but not least will be your new animal shelter that I'm sure will cost a fortune.
Douglas County has become a very corrupt county. Any money you lose from A&E will be like a penny falling on the ground and rolling into a storm drain. Glad I moved out when I did
I like to come to this site and laugh at how far what once was a great county slowly turning into another crappy Clayton County.
EyesOpen

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Judged:

Phil, I commend your stand. You and I haven't always been on the same side; during those bad days when Earl was exerting his power. My Daddy and Earl were close, but I had to, by conscience, go with the opposition. We have all grown and matured. I think you are doing a good job for the county. I speak, not, as one who is perfect, for I have compromised, as well. But, now, in our maturity, we are wiser.
Hang in there. Do your job and good people will support you.
HTC

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Judged:

Sheriff. Miller stood up for what he believes in, despite critics . We need more of that in our modern sick liberal society
Common Sense

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Judged:

Since when is it right for a sheriff to decide who he and his band of merry men and women are going to protect and serve?
His job and that of his employees is to protect and serve every human being who lives in or passes through this county.

What he is saying, essentially, is that he made a decision in the past to help out the film and entertainment industry by throwing his support and employees' labor behind their efforts when they are guests here, but now he could care less if they are safe to operate here or not.

If something bad happens while a film crew is working here, we will have to suppose that it is because Sheriff Miller made a decision to disregard their safety. So what that means is that the film crew won't decide to work here. These film crews are made up of quite a number of people and they purchase the resources of many people and businesses in this county. Recently a crew came through looking to rent a house for 6 weeks at the fee of $ 1,200 per day going to the home owner. That's about $50,000 for the use of one homeowner's property. We are talking some very large bucks here, folks, that have been dismissed just because an elected official doesn't like the way a company has acted towards a contracted multimillionaire employee.

I'm not saying that everyone should just give up their beliefs because someone is offering them money, I'm saying that all of this outpouring of support for a powerful elected leader who is speaking his own mind will only serve to alienate a large group of people, many of them being residents of this county and many others who might have considered working with us here.

This just adds to the stagnation of Douglas County and not only misrepresents us as a group of people, it destroys the work of those who are in charge of economic development here.
Eddie

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

Common Sense wrote:
Since when is it right for a sheriff to decide who he and his band of merry men and women are going to protect and serve?
His job and that of his employees is to protect and serve every human being who lives in or passes through this county.
What he is saying, essentially, is that he made a decision in the past to help out the film and entertainment industry by throwing his support and employees' labor behind their efforts when they are guests here, but now he could care less if they are safe to operate here or not.
If something bad happens while a film crew is working here, we will have to suppose that it is because Sheriff Miller made a decision to disregard their safety. So what that means is that the film crew won't decide to work here. These film crews are made up of quite a number of people and they purchase the resources of many people and businesses in this county. Recently a crew came through looking to rent a house for 6 weeks at the fee of $ 1,200 per day going to the home owner. That's about $50,000 for the use of one homeowner's property. We are talking some very large bucks here, folks, that have been dismissed just because an elected official doesn't like the way a company has acted towards a contracted multimillionaire employee.
I'm not saying that everyone should just give up their beliefs because someone is offering them money, I'm saying that all of this outpouring of support for a powerful elected leader who is speaking his own mind will only serve to alienate a large group of people, many of them being residents of this county and many others who might have considered working with us here.
This just adds to the stagnation of Douglas County and not only misrepresents us as a group of people, it destroys the work of those who are in charge of economic development here.
Wonder what Madea thinks.
Alaskan pile driver

Lithia Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

Common Sense wrote:
After reading this it confirms my belief common sense isn't so common after all.
taxpayer

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Sorry Alaskan --Common Sense is in fact showing common sense.
Dan

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

I don't think the sheriff's decision will deter movie studio's, networks, etc., from filming their productions here. You have Tyler Perry coming in, supposedly with a studio, and my understanding is there have been others to commit to the county. Personally, I appreciate the stand that the Sheriff took....I know many look at Douglas County as a redneck utopia, and thats ok.... I'm proud to be a resident !
Dan

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Let me clarify, not other studio's other than Perry's coming in to my knowledge, but other filming commitments .....sorry
Orlando32

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

silly humans wrote:
I see so many people in an uproar. Do they realize that the person they defend so adamantly actually believes the earth was created 6000 years ago? Half the things he says, particularly in that article, are just factually wrong. And now they associate themselves with him. Congratulations to them on joining the ignorant.
And what are the wrong facts??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conservative Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sisters Rescuing Women from Sex Trades 35 min ELIAS IBARRA 12
Al Sharpton Suggests He's The Frederick Douglas... 7 hr Lisa 24
Poll: 92% of Saudis Believe "ISIS Conforms to t... 8 hr Rusty Tin Can 9
The Caliphate Brings Trauma 13 hr Ravenclaw 7
Gov. Scott Signs Bill To Grant In-State Tuition... 18 hr swedenforever 56
Photo of the Day - The Cubanization of Venezuel... 22 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 12
Bahrain next in line for Cuban doctors? Wed KARAM BALOCH 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••