Unarmed woman accidentally shot in he...

Unarmed woman accidentally shot in head by police during raid

There are 78 comments on the The Daily Caller story from Dec 15, 2013, titled Unarmed woman accidentally shot in head by police during raid. In it, The Daily Caller reports that:

Police are now saying the shot that killed an unarmed Ohio woman during a botched drug raid was purely accidental-and the officer who fired the shot didn't even know that his gun had gone off.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Caller.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bitchywitch

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Dec 16, 2013
She may have been unarmed but this is a known drug mobile home, she knew where she was and we pay for our consequences. I feel sorry for the family, however when you visit drug dealers you know you stand the chance of getting hurt.
Columbus Police has now told their locals that if they feel threatened at all that the person has a gun they are shooting so..... With that said.
anon_good_in_chi llicothe

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Dec 16, 2013
yeah I luv how the gazette like to say WEAPON malfuction!

these idiots even trained how to use a gun or what the safety is?? THIS IS CHILLICOTHE...

OUTSIDE OF THE TRAILER AND starts shooting on accident and kills an unarmed innocent person...(yes they may of been in a drug house or whatever but that doens't matter...) There are rules of engagement!

The police officer should at the LEAST be charged with MANSLAUGHTER or something at the VERY least...

THEY DIDNT HAVE A GUN AND SHE WAS UN CUSTODY, there is ANOTHER THREAD ON this.. get your facts straight..

yeah cops arrest and shoot innocent people and even arrest old guys on mistakes and hurt them (WRONG PERSON).... OPS... the cops don't make mistakes right???

Hope the family gets tons of money and this douchbag loses his job and faces some type of criminal charges...

if any non cop accidently shot someone in the head just ohhh yeah thats a MURDER but no "GUN MALFUCNTION" my ass... try to cover up the truth...

these stupid cops want some action been picked up their whole lives this is their power trip (not all some are good people) but some just are doing this for the wrong reason and I HOPE JUSTICE IS SERVED!!!
What

Waverly, OH

#3 Dec 16, 2013
Why would a non cop be on a drug raid?
The laws should be changed on lawsuits to no money to be won.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4 Dec 17, 2013
Some people could get mad at you and start reporting your house is a drug house. So what if they decide to search your home and upon entering, accidentally shoot outside and kill you inside? Should people just say you were a druggie and had it coming? Fact is, its scary to think this cop will still be around town with a gun. Sounds to me like he panics under pressure, and one of our kids could be around him in town next time it happens
Get Real

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 17, 2013
Truth--Hurts wrote:
Some people could get mad at you and start reporting your house is a drug house. So what if they decide to search your home and upon entering, accidentally shoot outside and kill you inside? Should people just say you were a druggie and had it coming? Fact is, its scary to think this cop will still be around town with a gun. Sounds to me like he panics under pressure, and one of our kids could be around him in town next time it happens
Your kid could be hit by a car crossing the street and die. Shit happens, people die, it's called life. I don't mean to sound cold. It is unfortunate that this woman died however, no amount of testing, training, etc will stop every accident or even a bad decision from happening.
lessons

Toronto, Canada

#6 Dec 17, 2013
Super Man

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Dec 17, 2013
anon_good_in_chillicothe wrote:
yeah I luv how the gazette like to say WEAPON malfuction!
these idiots even trained how to use a gun or what the safety is?? THIS IS CHILLICOTHE...
OUTSIDE OF THE TRAILER AND starts shooting on accident and kills an unarmed innocent person...(yes they may of been in a drug house or whatever but that doens't matter...) There are rules of engagement!
The police officer should at the LEAST be charged with MANSLAUGHTER or something at the VERY least...
THEY DIDNT HAVE A GUN AND SHE WAS UN CUSTODY, there is ANOTHER THREAD ON this.. get your facts straight..
yeah cops arrest and shoot innocent people and even arrest old guys on mistakes and hurt them (WRONG PERSON).... OPS... the cops don't make mistakes right???
Hope the family gets tons of money and this douchbag loses his job and faces some type of criminal charges...
if any non cop accidently shot someone in the head just ohhh yeah thats a MURDER but no "GUN MALFUCNTION" my ass... try to cover up the truth...
these stupid cops want some action been picked up their whole lives this is their power trip (not all some are good people) but some just are doing this for the wrong reason and I HOPE JUSTICE IS SERVED!!!
You are absolutely right. The cop had to know his gun went off from the kick back and smoke. Now if the drug dealers was trying to hide their guns and their gun accidently went off they would be in jail for murder. If the cop was honest and told the other cops his gun accidently went off I could under stand. But he should of never had his finger on the trigger unless he was ready to fire.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Dec 18, 2013
Hmmm, that guy in Detroit who claimed he accidently shot that girl is being charged with 2nd degree murder.

A cop uses the same excuse and gets a paid vacation before eventually being cleared........it would seem we hold the police to a lower standard than the average "civilian"

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#9 Dec 18, 2013
accidents do happen, even in drug trailers , with known druggies,with warrants for there arrest--ironic isn't it.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#10 Dec 18, 2013
Cops in the USA have become thugs.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#11 Dec 19, 2013
next time someone breaks into your house call a druggie---not a cop-problem solved
TonyER

Chillicothe, OH

#13 May 15, 2014
I am so tired of seeing this family whine about justice on the Facebook sites. Her aunt just posted tonight that she was clean. Really? Clean? What the f*ck was she doing there shooting up if she was clean??? Let it go already. Accidents happen, and if she wasn't in the company of a bunch of junkies and at home with her kids that she loved sooooo much, she would still be alive!!

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

#14 May 15, 2014
I love how everybody says she was at a drug den, accidents happen, if she wouldn't have been there it wouldn't have happened. great way to justify, deny, and misdirect the facts. The cop panicked and discharged his weapon the wants to be a coward and say he didn't know it went off, if you believe that shit I have some ocean front property in the city of Lexington ky I can sell you. They shouldn't whine about justice they should demand it, fat lot of good it would do them though considering everybody's heads are up their ass. I would just like to know what you will say when and it will happen again, what kind of excuse will be given, how will you rationalize the next one. How was it even a known fact that it was a drug den, where was the evidence of this?. You people have some serious problems with your law enforcement, your mayor, chief, and law director, but want to place blame on the citizens, cowards you make me sick.
joanna51

Chillicothe, OH

#15 May 15, 2014
joanna50 wrote:
I love how everybody says she was at a drug den, accidents happen, if she wouldn't have been there it wouldn't have happened. great way to justify, deny, and misdirect the facts. The cop panicked and discharged his weapon the wants to be a coward and say he didn't know it went off, if you believe that shit I have some ocean front property in the city of Lexington ky I can sell you. They shouldn't whine about justice they should demand it, fat lot of good it would do them though considering everybody's heads are up their ass. I would just like to know what you will say when and it will happen again, what kind of excuse will be given, how will you rationalize the next one. How was it even a known fact that it was a drug den, where was the evidence of this?. You people have some serious problems with your law enforcement, your mayor, chief, and law director, but want to place blame on the citizens, cowards you make me sick.
Glad you were there and are shedding light and giving us the facts. Thanks!

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

#16 May 15, 2014
joanna51 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you were there and are shedding light and giving us the facts. Thanks!
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know if the weapon I was holding went off, that's a fact.
TonyER

Chillicothe, OH

#17 May 16, 2014
Lol you don't know me or have any idea what I know first hand. I hope when the true facts of this incident come out they shut you and the rest of the people calling him a coward up. They will. In time.
TonyER

Chillicothe, OH

#18 May 16, 2014
How can you say it wasn't a known drug house? How would the cops have known to raid it if it wasn't? Smart statement there moron!

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

#19 May 16, 2014
TonyER wrote:
How can you say it wasn't a known drug house? How would the cops have known to raid it if it wasn't? Smart statement there moron!
Where is the evidence of it being a known drug house, they were acting on tips and surveillance then they procur evidence after the raid, moron.

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

#20 May 16, 2014
TonyER wrote:
Lol you don't know me or have any idea what I know first hand. I hope when the true facts of this incident come out they shut you and the rest of the people calling him a coward up. They will. In time.
FYI the facts are already out as the officer who fired the shot said he didn't realize his weapon had discharged. Now you explain how this can be and be believable. I will set back some ocean front property just for you. I can believe it was an accident and I can also believe he didn't mean to pull the trigger but what I am finding difficult to understand is how could he not have known his weapon didn't discharge it was in his hand for God's sake. Now I will go out on a limb and entertain that thought but then I am left with a couple questions on reasons why he wouldn't or didn't know his weapon discharged.!. Was this his first drug raid and was he hopped up on adrenaline?, 2. Why was his finger even on the trigger, was he the point man. I tell you what you come up with and show me some solid evidence that will prove he didn't know the weapon went off and I will gladly retract my he is a coward statement..
clerk

Chillicothe, OH

#21 May 16, 2014
anon_good_in_chillicothe wrote:
yeah I luv how the gazette like to say WEAPON malfuction!

these idiots even trained how to use a gun or what the safety is?? THIS IS CHILLICOTHE...

OUTSIDE OF THE TRAILER AND starts shooting on accident and kills an unarmed innocent person...(yes they may of been in a drug house or whatever but that doens't matter...) There are rules of engagement!

The police officer should at the LEAST be charged with MANSLAUGHTER or something at the VERY least...

THEY DIDNT HAVE A GUN AND SHE WAS UN CUSTODY, there is ANOTHER THREAD ON this.. get your facts straight..

yeah cops arrest and shoot innocent people and even arrest old guys on mistakes and hurt them (WRONG PERSON).... OPS... the cops don't make mistakes right???

Hope the family gets tons of money and this douchbag loses his job and faces some type of criminal charges...

if any non cop accidently shot someone in the head just ohhh yeah thats a MURDER but no "GUN MALFUCNTION" my ass... try to cover up the truth...

these stupid cops want some action been picked up their whole lives this is their power trip (not all some are good people) but some just are doing this for the wrong reason and I HOPE JUSTICE IS SERVED!!!
So if that had been a child,then what you are saying, is,the little bastard would have deserved it as he was in a known drug house,did I get that right? With that logic there isn't too many house that are safe, and do ya think we should invest in bullet proof gear to even walk the streets where drugs are, which by the way is every street in Chillicothe ! Unless if course you know of a drug free street

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conservative Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How To Solve The Illegal Immigration Mess Witho... 1 hr spytheweb 1
News Haiti Refuses To Accept Deportation Of Illegal ... 1 hr spytheweb 23
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... 7 hr Dan 2
News Which stars are serious about leaving US if Don... 16 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 2
News Sadly, Donald Trump Is Only Candidate to Sign L... 21 hr tomin cali 1
News ICE releases 19,723 criminal illegals, 208 conv... Apr 28 Geo 1
News Dianne Feinstein Has To Use Google To Look Up H... Apr 27 okimar 2
More from around the web