Theresa Maniaci-Canni, left, and George

Full story: Newsday.com 18
Theresa Maniaci-Canni, left, and George Canni on their wedding day, Sept. 13, 2003. Full Story
Santa Claus

New York, NY

#1 Nov 21, 2009
george Canni has always been a wreckless boat driver eveen from the days he drove the Uncanni scarab in Massapequa.We would see him at Fire Island drunk, Gilgo Drunk, Tobay drunk, and what a pric*k George and his older sons were. Not a nice family.
Linda

New York, NY

#2 Dec 12, 2009
George and the entire Canni family are @ss wipes.
bob

Lindenhurst, NY

#3 Dec 12, 2009
not nice to speak ill of the dead. and no i do not know this family at all. just saying its not a cool thing to do.
Jim Dooley

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 16, 2009
George was a smuck and A - hole.
Swindlehurst

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jan 2, 2010
I lived next to Geroge the @ss wipe. The biggest duche bag @ss wipe. F'ing a-hole I am glad he's gone. Con artist.
Offshore

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 22, 2010
What Ghetto Trash the Canni famliy are, George Sr was a big @ss wipe, his son just a big @ss wipes.
The Niece of George

Hackensack, NJ

#8 Oct 3, 2010
my uncle and aunt were great people. to see what people are saying about them breaks my heart. i miss them everyday and wish they were still here. all of u a-holes can f off
fool

East Meadow, NY

#9 Oct 4, 2010
Do not listen to this person with the new york and chicago ip. They are the same person and bash every thing and everybody on this site. He or she is just a lonely individual that finds pleasure in getting a rise out of people through his/her anonymous ramblings.
Activator

Bellmore, NY

#10 Oct 5, 2010
Offshore wrote:
What Ghetto Trash the Canni famliy are, George Sr was a big @ss wipe, his son just a big @ss wipes.
George was the town drunk, he may have had a few $ but he lives in a town loaded with white trash Karma did get him all the peep's he ripped off at A1 transmission in Baldwin over the years.
Offshore

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 6, 2010
George Canni was a drunk stupid man. I am suprised this never happened sooner. A few weeks prior he ran a-ground at night and was towed off an Island by 3 boarts.

George Canni has always been the town drunk even when he lived in Massapequa. Karma did fix him for all the bad things he has done!
Shocking

Kensington, MD

#12 Nov 18, 2010
I knew George for over 30 years. He was an amazing friend and was always there for his friends and family. He was good natured and had a wonderful personality and would laugh off the hurtful and unnecessary comments of those still on this earth with nothing better to do than speak ill of man who passed away in a tragic accident and who left behind a family who loves him and hundreds of friends from across the country. Those of you should be ashamed of yourselves and wish nothing so horrible happens to you or a loved one. If you even have 10 percent of the number of friends George had at the end of your lives, you will be lucky.

And, if you are going to continue to spew lies, at least identify yourselves.
Offshore

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 18, 2010
George was a drunk, and his own family hated his guts who are you kidding.

Guy was a scammer and Karma fixed him for all those A-1 transmission scams, and ripping off customers.

I hope he died painfull death.
Canni Clan

New York, NY

#14 Nov 20, 2010
PS: just for the record the entire Canni clan are a bunch of con-artist scammers. No one likes the Canni's all of Georges sons are d-bag's.
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

#15 Jun 28, 2013
Offshore wrote:
George was a drunk, and his own family hated his guts who are you kidding.
Guy was a scammer and Karma fixed him for all those A-1 transmission scams, and ripping off customers.
I hope he died painfull death.
my god, you really are a vile little person. get professional help.
truth be told

Baltimore, MD

#16 Oct 23, 2013
Yup.....he was a tough businessman.
George worked hard and played hard and eventually died hard.
He could also be really really generous.
Town drunk? What f*****n idiot said that?
I knew the man all my life and honestly
that would be the last thing I would call him.
I had seen him tipsy.....yup but I never saw the man fall down drunk.
To wish him a painful death is just sick.
He had some really wonderful family members and they have to read this crap.
That ass oughta be ashamed of himself.
Anonymous

Baldwin, NY

#17 Oct 1, 2014
truth be told wrote:
Yup.....he was a tough businessman.
George worked hard and played hard and eventually died hard.
He could also be really really generous.
Town drunk? What f*****n idiot said that?
I knew the man all my life and honestly
that would be the last thing I would call him.
I had seen him tipsy.....yup but I never saw the man fall down drunk.
To wish him a painful death is just sick.
He had some really wonderful family members and they have to read this crap.
That ass oughta be ashamed of himself.
I had known George Canni briefly in the late 1980s early 1990s as a local customer, I had found him to be very knowledgeable friendly supportive and polite. I have heard both positive and negative views concerning his business practices online , however my experience with George was a positive one I did like him. My late condolences go out to his sons and family , to the negative commenters, the man cant defend himself any longer lets let the dead rest in peace.
Anonymous

Baldwin, NY

#18 Oct 3, 2014
Shocking wrote:
I knew George for over 30 years. He was an amazing friend and was always there for his friends and family. He was good natured and had a wonderful personality and would laugh off the hurtful and unnecessary comments of those still on this earth with nothing better to do than speak ill of man who passed away in a tragic accident and who left behind a family who loves him and hundreds of friends from across the country. Those of you should be ashamed of yourselves and wish nothing so horrible happens to you or a loved one. If you even have 10 percent of the number of friends George had at the end of your lives, you will be lucky.
I was one of his customers back in the late 1980s and early 90s, I had known him only briefly but had gotten the same impression of him that you have presented here , iv just herd of the accident five years after the fact , very sorry to here the tragic news my condolences go out to his family.
Anonymous

Baldwin, NY

#19 Oct 3, 2014
Shocking wrote:
or rather "hear" the news. sorry about the spelling error.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Coast Guard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coast Guard rescues 5 after boat sinks off Oregon Nov 30 Cordwainer Trout 1
Repatriated balsero commits suicide in Cuban pr... Nov '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 6
Festival of Lights set to launch holiday season... Nov '14 Debbie 1
Capital City Eye Sore (Oct '09) Oct '14 Tyler 4
u.s.c.g. uniform is a disgrace (May '08) Oct '14 COASTGUARDSUCKSIS5 5
Hospital at center of Ebola drama apologizes Oct '14 Slam Session 10
Prince Rupert, British Columbia - a disabled Ru... Oct '14 harvinedhalmon 1
More from around the web