Federal agent slain by lynch mob is h...

Federal agent slain by lynch mob is honored

There are 32 comments on the The Washington Post story from May 15, 2012, titled Federal agent slain by lynch mob is honored. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

His murder was ignored in his agency then, but the government now is honoring his memory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Westwood, NJ

#1 May 15, 2012

Federal Agent Slain...reminds me of Obama selling weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels and and they used a few of the guns to Kill a Federal Agent.

I believe the Obama Admin dubbed their program: "Fast & Furious."

Disgusting.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Westwood, NJ

#2 May 15, 2012
"Fast And Furious" Just Might Be President Obama's Watergate

9/28/2011

Why a gunrunning scandal codenamed “Fast and Furious,” a program run secretly by the U.S. government that sent thousands of firearms over an international border and directly into the hands of criminals, hasn’t been pursued by an army of reporters all trying to be the next Bob Woodward or Carl Bernstein is a story in itself.

But the state of modern journalism aside, this scandal is so inflammatory few realize that official records show the current director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), B. Todd Jones — yes the individual the Obama administration brought in to replace ATF Director Kenneth Melson Aug. 30 in an effort to deflect congressional criticism — also has questions to answer about his involvement in this gunrunning scandal.

Fast and Furious was an operation so cloak-and-dagger Mexican authorities weren’t even notified that thousands of semi-automatic firearms were being sold to people in Arizona thought to have links to Mexican drug cartels. According to ATF whistleblowers, in 2009 the U.S. government began instructing gun storeowners to break the law by selling firearms to suspected criminals. ATF agents then, again according to testimony by ATF agents turned whistleblowers, were ordered not to intercept the smugglers but rather to let the guns “walk” across the U.S.-Mexican border and into the hands of Mexican drug-trafficking organizations.

When the Gunrunning Program Began

A Jan. 8, 2010 briefing paper from the ATF Phoenix Field Division Group VII says:“This investigation has currently identified more than 20 individual connected straw purchasers…. To date (September 2009-present) this group has purchased in excess of 650 firearms (mainly AK-47 variants) for which they have paid cash totaling more than $350,000.”

This is an important fact because the U.S. Justice Department hasn’t made it clear to tell congressional investigators when the Fast and Furious operation began and who authorized it; as a result, this ATF briefing paper’s mention of September 2009 is thus far the earliest we can trace the operation.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2011/09/...
Morgan Stanley

Monongahela, PA

#3 May 15, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Federal Agent Slain...reminds me of Obama selling weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels and and they used a few of the guns to Kill a Federal Agent.
Disgusting.
I understand this was a Liberal lynch mob. Same ol BS, the warmonger haters who love and support the kenyan pick on easy targets too.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#4 May 15, 2012
A Liberal Lynch Mob ate my baby.

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5 May 15, 2012
Times have changed, now there is a black national lynch mob trying their best to railroad George Zimmerman, being lead by two phony reverends Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#6 May 16, 2012
1883? Really? Where the hell is Vera Baker?
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#7 May 16, 2012
White People do not have a candidate that represents them, Rommney is a race traitor.
short truss micro bus

Prophetstown, IL

#8 May 16, 2012
"I get no respect" - famous unknown.
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#9 May 16, 2012
I guess this Federal agent didnt have any skittles
Cat74

United States

#10 May 16, 2012
Is the President going to drag out a person every day to pay homage to until election Day? It really doesn't matter. He is being ridiculous.
Morgan Stanley

Monongahela, PA

#11 May 17, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Is the President going to drag out a person every day to pay homage to until election Day? It really doesn't matter. He is being ridiculous.
If a second mistake is made by re-inserting BHO then rest assured all of this homage BS will come to a screeching halt and this time the claws will extend out all the way to finalize the destruction of the USA. This will be the most important election in the history of this country so people had better wake up and rid ourselves of the Marxist.
Morgan Stanley

Monongahela, PA

#12 May 17, 2012
Jumping Jim wrote:
Times have changed, now there is a black national lynch mob trying their best to railroad George Zimmerman, being lead by two phony reverends Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
No surprise here given who sits in the white house. This is just the start of a long line of trouble coming from these goofy race baiting jackals who call themselves reverends!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#13 May 17, 2012
A brave man who deserves recognition for his bravery. Sad that in this day and age, so much later, there is STILL so much racism in this country, now directed against those who spent decades fighting the kind of people who murdered Agent Foote.

The trolls who use this as an opportunity to attack President Obama are, as usual, beneath contempt.'Laughing Liberal' uses threads like this to post his hatred and contempt for the President on a regular basis, of course, and is the worst example of this.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#14 May 17, 2012
Moanin Shirley wrote:
<quoted text>If a second mistake is made by re-inserting BHO then rest assured all of this homage BS will come to a screeching halt and this time the claws will extend out all the way to finalize the destruction of the USA. This will be the most important election in the history of this country so people had better wake up and rid ourselves of the Marxist.
You, Cat, and LL are insane trolls who need to stop stinking up EVERY thread on Topix with your irrational hatred of the President, your false, race-baiting attacks on him, and your offtopic lunacy.

Rid yourself of the drugs that have damaged your brain, that'd be my recommendation to YOU, asstroll.

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#15 May 17, 2012
Morgan Stanley wrote:
<quoted text>No surprise here given who sits in the white house. This is just the start of a long line of trouble coming from these goofy race baiting jackals who call themselves reverends!
What is worse is that Jessie Jackson calls himself a Southern Baptist minister, and the national Southern Baptist Church lets him get away with it.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#16 May 17, 2012
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>What is worse is that Jessie Jackson calls himself a Southern Baptist minister, and the national Southern Baptist Church lets him get away with it.
He's every bit as qualified a minister as scumbags like Robertson, Falwell, Franklin Graham, and Ted Haggard are/were. But your kind NEVER cries about them, do you?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#17 May 17, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Disgusting.
Apparently someone who didn't bother to read the article.

Location hidden

#18 May 17, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Really?

Apparently YOU didn't read the article either.

The man was lynched for carrying out his duties. Then his name was buried with him.

It matters, and this is not ridiculous.

Location hidden

#19 May 17, 2012
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>What is worse is that Jessie Jackson calls himself a Southern Baptist minister, and the national Southern Baptist Church lets him get away with it.
Southern Baptists have done far worse.

Wasn't Ergun Cain ordained by the Southern Baptists?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#20 May 17, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently someone who didn't bother to read the article.
Right,'cause lynching Federal agents back during Reconstruction was EXACTLY like an agent being killed as a result of modern-day gunrunning.

If you're a threadjacking Obama-hater, I guess...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ATF Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mannequin challenge video leads to arrests Thu dummiesworking 2
News Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Indicted: 27 members of... (Jun '10) Thu Dude 61
News The Latest: Official: Refrigerator potential so... Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 1
News Officers cleared - Nov 28 no one 3
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Nov 17 Battle Tested 4,837
News Chicago Police Partner with Feds to Crack Down ... Nov 14 TRUMP WINNERS 3
News FBI probing 'Vote Trump' tag, fire at black church Nov '16 Le Jimbo 44
More from around the web