Strong support for raising minimum wage

There are 24 comments on the KCRA-TV Sacramento story from Jun 9, 2014, titled Strong support for raising minimum wage. In it, KCRA-TV Sacramento reports that:

States are doing it. Some major cities are doing it. And now a majority of Americans are hoping Congress will do it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCRA-TV Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LarrySinclair

Kenosha, WI

#1 Jun 9, 2014
I don't want more pay than my $10hr. I want and insist upon lower prices, lower taxes and much less government intrusion into my privacy and life in general.
IMPEACH the Kenyan-born bisexual Moslem Antichrist!
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#2 Jun 9, 2014
Ever go to the Customer Service area at Sam's Club or Walmart??

Wait in that line, get that blank stare??

Hopefully they are only making the minimum, because they are already being overpaid.

Does anybody think that ALL minimum wage workers deserve to be paid more, especially when they can barely do the job they have?
FYI

Corsicana, TX

#3 Jun 9, 2014
LarrySinclair wrote:
I don't want more pay than my $10hr...
Good, when the Teas take over the minimum wage will be repealed and the 'company' can pay you what they want (your worth will still be compared to the cost of immigrant and overseas labor). Education, pensions, health care will be fully privatized and maybe even using the streets and highways; all will be based on the ability to pay. Buy what you want as long as you can pay. What you can't afford you can do without.
You will pay the 'Fair Tax'(23% inclusive on all new goods and services you purchase --'investments' and 'education' will be exempt if you have enough left over to purchase them). The Fair Tax will be Federal, states can still levy sales and property taxes. If you don't want be on 'welfare' just don't sign up for the fair tax rebate.
The world will be rosy when you don't have the Kenyan-born bisexual Moslem Antichrist to blame.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#5 Jun 9, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
Does anybody think that ALL minimum wage workers deserve to be paid more, especially when they can barely do the job they have?
Boy, your argument can be enlarged to say that maximum wage workers sometimes do not deserve to be paid when they are not doing their job.

It seems that workers who are doing their job and who are working full time should not be getting hand outs on the backs of us tax payers.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#6 Jun 9, 2014
Only rich traitors USA dont want higher wages for workers...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7 Jun 9, 2014
LarrySinclair wrote:
I don't want more pay than my $10hr. I want and insist upon lower prices, lower taxes and much less government intrusion into my privacy and life in general.
Here's an idea. Paint your hair red, stick one leg up your ass, and pretend you're a jelly apple.
FYI

Corsicana, TX

#8 Jun 9, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, your argument can be enlarged to say that maximum wage workers sometimes do not deserve to be paid when they are not doing their job.
It seems that workers who are doing their job and who are working full time should not be getting hand outs on the backs of us tax payers.
What about the pay for management and executives at: the VA, General Motors, AIG, ENRON etc. etc. For that matter how about the US Congress, do they deserve their pay and perks, or would minimum wage suffice.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#9 Jun 9, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
Hopefully they are only making the minimum, because they are already being overpaid.
Sure. Pay them more and those of us actually taxed at 28% can stop subsidizing low wage workers.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Jun 10, 2014
Democrats want to be like that small island off of the Florida coast. They call it Australia.
From the same people that gave you VA care in the form of Obamacare.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 10, 2014
Sure...Let's listen to democrats some more.
From the people that brought you Benghazi.
When somebody says Europe, they grab a baseball bat.
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#12 Jun 10, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct.

Hand outs from the government should be TEMPORARY assistance for the down and out.

People who are unable to support themselves need to make arrangements so that they can survive.

Things like splitting the rent with other like-situated people.

Like NOT MAKING babies they can't afford.

Connecting with a food bank to help supplement their needs.

It is not the responsibility for the government to support working people. In fact, had the government NOT been providing these handouts, the workers would not have been complacent about collectively pressuring their employers for a decent wage all along.(Nothing like being hungry to MOTIVATE people to pressure their employers!)

The way they are going about it now, however, seems like another way to get more of a handout.

As I said earlier, while many people deserve more pay, there are some very menial tasks that do not deserve an automatic pay increase.

It is partially the government's fault for involving itself in a wage situation that should have been handled between employer and employee. The government made it EASY for businesses to NOT pay a living wage, when the government was GIVING them part of their 'living'.
John n Chuck

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Jun 10, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Only rich traitors USA dont want higher wages for workers...
;) the more you increase poor, then the rich inflation!! Standard & Poor market....& the gov running out of mint & paper!!! ;-000
fyi

Corsicana, TX

#16 Jun 10, 2014
a comment on some of the comments:
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do." (Ben Franklin)

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#17 Jun 10, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Here's an idea. Paint your hair red, stick one leg up your ass, and pretend you're a jelly apple.
That's funny! I don't care what you are. That's funny!

Location hidden

#19 Jun 10, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah was of his better posts
For somebody on the short bus, it wasn't bad.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#21 Jun 11, 2014
LarrySinclair wrote:
Wow, you must hate American manufacturing, paved roads, and reality. Looks like you love racism and fake conspiracies though!
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#22 Jun 11, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
Do you tthink all CEO's and managers deserve their pay? Some people are shitty at their jobs, the majority are not!

Location hidden

#24 Jun 11, 2014
LarrySinclair wrote:
I didn't know you were born in Kenya. Kenya beat that!

Location hidden

#25 Jun 11, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
If the minimum wage were higher, maybe smarter people would be attracted to those jobs.

Location hidden

#26 Jun 11, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Sure...Let's listen to democrats some more.
From the people that brought you Benghazi.
When somebody says Europe, they grab a baseball bat.
If you were close enough, I'd want to grab a baseball bat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Earthling-1 53,523
News The Josh Duggar Scandal Edition 8 min Stfu 68
News Kentucky Governor's Race 2015: Matt Bevin Lies ... 20 min Johnathan D Masters 1
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 30 min Charles Idemi 163,927
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 41 min karl44 7,392
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min RayOne 182,424
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 54 min R12 Freon 2,252
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,232,946
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Oriosano Nachos M... 189,892
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr -Dont Panic- 328,438
More from around the web