Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
19,141 - 19,160 of 29,904 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is pedophile thug Zimmerman still charged with 2ND degree murder?
On its face, it would appear that the state of Florida is convinced the pedophile thug killed a teenage boy for the crime of walking the street at night while being black.
No longer a crime if Florida.
You do realize that before the political uproar a began, the State Attorney's Office for the 18th Judicial Circuit declined to prosecute? How do our reconcile that issue?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
if Mr. Zimmerman was my client, them I would encourage him to testify. His narrative has been fairly consistent, but the State, of course, will attempt to make any discrepancies seem like mendacity. Of course, some of the State's witnesses have much more difficult problems. This issue of the raised police report will not play well for the State with a jury.
It will be a most interesting case. You can find my "tweets" about it @DillinghamLaw. As the trial approaches, I will be doing more legal analysis.
I see this as a liability issue. I think everybody wants to back-peddle out of this case because nobody wants to see Rodney King again which could very well happen.

Think of it this way: how secure would you be as a judge finding Zimmerman not guilty? What if you were a juror? What about his defense lawyer?

A not guilty conclusion could very well end in violence--not that we haven't seen violence across the country because of this case, but would you want to be a major contributor to it? Or would you rather pass the buck to somebody else for your own security?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
You are discussing Mrs. Zimmerman.
I guess the part where I said ***WIFE** confused you, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is pedophile thug Zimmerman still charged with 2ND degree murder?
On its face, it would appear that the state of Florida is convinced the pedophile thug killed a teenage boy for the crime of walking the street at night while being black.
No longer a crime if Florida.
"How do you reconcile"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Florida personal injury and criminal defense attorney who practices in Orlando.
Sure you are.

If you want to offer your opinion that the pedophile thug should take the stand after being caught lying to this very court, you better practice some more.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that before the political uproar a began, the State Attorney's Office for the 18th Judicial Circuit
Last time I looked, the Governor was a Republican and the prosecutor he appointed: also a Republican.

And the sheriff who "investigated" the case got canned for his incompetence.

Birds of a feather, eh?
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
He dropped out of school in the ninth grade. This is the best he can do.
And seriously unstable.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I see this as a liability issue. I think everybody wants to back-peddle out of this case because nobody wants to see Rodney King again which could very well happen.
Think of it this way: how secure would you be as a judge finding Zimmerman not guilty? What if you were a juror? What about his defense lawyer?
A not guilty conclusion could very well end in violence--not that we haven't seen violence across the country because of this case, but would you want to be a major contributor to it? Or would you rather pass the buck to somebody else for your own security?
Have you noticed that the prosecution keeps denying that George and his family are in any kind of danger? Remember the family that Spike Lee thought he was tweeting Zimmerman's address and it turned out to be the wrong one. Those poor people were forced into hiding until it was cleared up. They filed suit against him.

Then there was the poor guy that just got out of prison and was given George's old cell phone number. He got calls saying they were going to kill him thinking they were talking to George.

I am concerned about O'Mara once this is over and George is acquitted. He's had death threats in the past.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I looked, the Governor was a Republican and the prosecutor he appointed: also a Republican.
And the sheriff who "investigated" the case got canned for his incompetence.
Birds of a feather, eh?
The Seminole County Sheriff had nothing to o with this case and still holds his position. I believe you refer to the former Sanford Chief of Police. I disagree with your assessment of "incompetence," since the SAO has agreed the Sanford PD did a competent investigation. The initial rumors about incompetence were dispelled long ago.

Have you read the evidence published in the case? I've investigated several homicides, and this is a very weak case. I predict Mr. Zimmerman has a 90% chance of prevailing at trial. That goes to 95% if he testifies and does so competently.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Seminole County Sheriff had nothing to o with this case
I guess you were in a cave when this went down.

He had everything to do with this case and everything with trying to fold up the tent after that chummy meeting he had with the pedophile's father... that nice private meeting...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
I disagree with your assessment of "incompetence,"
Bill Lee FIRED.

I guess I'm not the only one with that opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
I've investigated several homicides, and this is a very weak case.
Several cases... wow!

I've seen twenty years of Law and Order. I don't pretend to be a lawyer.

But then: you aren't the best prosecutor in the state of Florida, are you?

Tell me: have you offered your services to O'Mara?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
That goes to 95% if he testifies and does so competently.
Only a very stupid incompetent lawyer would put his client - the very client that has already lied to the very same court- on the witness stand when his reputation as a liar has already been established.

Or give advice to do so.

The prosecutor is already going to have a field day with his varied "testimonials", including the grandstanding he did for entertainment TV.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
Have you noticed
Have you noticed no expects you to keep your word, Welsher?

Welsh:
"A related colloquialism is the verb to welsh/welch ('to renege') as in 'to welsh/welch on a deal or bet', which is derived from an age-old 'English' stereotype of the Welsh/Celtic peoples as unreliable or oath-breakers"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Florida personal injury and criminal defense attorney who practices in Orlando. I'm curious
I'm observant, Shug.

I ask myself questions like: Why would a "lawyer" who was worth a bucket of warm spit be a "personal injury" (a.k.a., ambulance chaser) AND a criminal defense attorney instead- if competent- he or she would be one or the other... particularly if he or she was spending billing hours in this forum.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
I apologize, but I cannot understand how your post is related to my reply, and i'm unsure of what you are positing
positing... i'm...hmmm...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
... but ultimately, it is the client's Constitutional right to testify.
You don't say?

Since when?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm observant, Shug.
I ask myself questions like: Why would a "lawyer" who was worth a bucket of warm spit be a "personal injury" (a.k.a., ambulance chaser) AND a criminal defense attorney instead- if competent- he or she would be one or the other... particularly if he or she was spending billing hours in this forum.
Your statement implies attorneys don't have free time or engage in social media. We have personal lives, too, just like everyone else. Additionally, I use social media as a marketing tool. These days, one must use every competitive advantage available. I own the firm, set my own hours, and don't answer to anyone but my personal goals.

I practice personal injury law because I was a claims adjuster for 10 years, and criminal law because I'm a former police detective. It's an excellent mix of business since criminal defendants pay a flat-fee upfront, so I use my criminal defense business to offset my personal injury business, which can take years after signing up a client to negotiate or litigate a successful resolution.

Your reference to "billable hours" is a misplaced one. I don't take cases that require I bill for X amount of hours. With criminal cases, I charge a flat-fee that encompasses all the work I anticipate doing based upon the complexity of the case, typical rates in the area, novelty of the question of law, and other factors. For personal injury cases, I'm paid on contingency. I also do a lot of pro bono work for a local domestic violence shelter (Harbor House).

I hope my reply has answered your questions.

https://www.facebook.com/Dillingham.Law.Firm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Lee FIRED.
I guess I'm not the only one with that opinion.
Bill Lee was the Chief of Police for Sanford PD, not the Sheriff of Seminole County. Police chiefs are at-will employees and can be fired (depending upon the constraints of their contracts). A sheriff cannot be fired (or "canned" as you put it) because he is an elected official. He can be removed by the Florida Governor for certain reasons, but again, the SCSO's Sheriff still very much has his job. Your statement was incorrect.

There were also many rallies held in Sanford to support Chief Bill Lee. I would hope you realize there is a political component to this case, and by its very definition, the employment of a public official. Bill Lee's termination came early on in the case when rumors were rampant about "shoddy investigations" by the police department and medical examiner. All those rumors were false.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Lee was the Chief of Police for Sanford PD, not the Sheriff of Seminole County. Police chiefs are at-will employees and can be fired (depending upon the constraints of their contracts). A sheriff cannot be fired (or "canned" as you put it) because he is an elected official. He can be removed by the Florida Governor for certain reasons, but again, the SCSO's Sheriff still very much has his job. Your statement was incorrect.
There were also many rallies held in Sanford to support Chief Bill Lee. I would hope you realize there is a political component to this case, and by its very definition, the employment of a public official. Bill Lee's termination came early on in the case when rumors were rampant about "shoddy investigations" by the police department and medical examiner. All those rumors were false.
I would wish to ask you, if the Sanford PD's initial intention, not to charge George Zimmerman, were'nt closer to the correct decision, than what is going on, right now? Also, do you concur that Chief Lee was somewhat a sacrificial lamb, for the manufactured outrage by media and black leaders(sic)?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••