Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
581 - 600 of 29,904 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

America is not the Same wrote:
Stay out of Sanford FL. Al Sharpton is heading a rally there to oust the Police chief and to have Zimmerman formally charged.
This is BLACKS taking control again as they did in th 60 riots. Their motto is If we don't get what we want we will riot.
I want justice for all the drive shootings done by black gangs that killed white and Hispanics in other cities, but no nothing will be done because Washington DC, Baltimore MD , Newark NJ and Patterson NJ are all run by Blacks as are many other crime infested cities
I think that Sharpton is right, but he's no dummy. The Police Chief is on his way out the door because he just lost a vote of confidence by the local Council. And it is very likely that Zimmerman will be charged as a result of the Grand Jury hearing. Why? because there is sufficient evidence with which to charge him.

But, you are wrong about the lack of concern regarding gangs in major metropolitan cities--even and especially those led by blacks. No one is well served by rampant crime. Gangs are step in the process by which a disturbingly large number of young black men end up incarcerated.

The people who are disturbed by this reality are not typically found in all-white or majority majority enclaves.

But changing the reality is going to take far more than the concern of black mayors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

icu_ wrote:
The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him.
The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help.
Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness.
Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin's father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son
A man who witnessed part of the altercation contacted authorities.
"The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me,'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.
John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.
"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."
The Black community and people with white guilt do not want to acknowledge these facts but they are facts.
Zimmerman claimed that he lost sight of Martin and was heading back to his truck when Martin confronted him.
letter from the city manager about the investigation and what is being portrayed in the media. " What about media reenactments of the shooting incident?Any media reenactments of the shooting incident are purely speculation. To date the Sanford Police Department has not released any rendition of the events of the evening to anyone other than the Office of the State Attorney. The renditions we have seen are not consistent with the evidence in this case."
http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Zimmerman -...
Most of what you say here is not supported by the police document, including:

1) the witness who says that he saw Trayvon atop Zimmerman
2) claim that Trayvon's father denied that the taped screams were those of his son

Where is the substantiation of these?

How do you account for the desperation of the screams and the fact that they halt immediately with the gunshot? Would someone who had pulled a gun on someone be calling for help?
Spike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

I want to see Al Sharpton STAND UP and hold rallies and demand action to be taken for all the white and Hispanic people who were shot and killed by Blacks in gang and drug wars.Black on white crime in the cities is out of control.
Hell will freeze over before this happens
He is a racist who stirs up hate and promotes race riots.
Guarantee Sanford will bow to Sharptons demands because if they don't he will imitate riots
Sharpton and Jackson have gotten rich off of this kind of claptrap. This is what they do.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I am not staying out of Sanford. I go there frequently. Had a great diner at Joes Crab Shack two days ago. Although Sanford today is mostly a diverse community it still has a redneck hateful element left over from when Jackie Robinson lived there and the Police Chief threatened to stop the game if Jackie Robinson took the field.
I'm up in Sanford quite a bit too, because I do some process serving on the side, and I always try to make time to fit in some golf at Mayfair if I'm in that area. Twice in the past week, I've driven by the Retreat @TL, and seeing the memorial always brings tears to my eyes.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of what you say here is not supported by the police document, including:
1) the witness who says that he saw Trayvon atop Zimmerman
2) claim that Trayvon's father denied that the taped screams were those of his son
Where is the substantiation of these?
How do you account for the desperation of the screams and the fact that they halt immediately with the gunshot? Would someone who had pulled a gun on someone be calling for help?
You have the police investigation documents?

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Spike wrote:
<quoted text>The city should give Zimmerman an award or reward for his bravery
I bet you are a republican
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

foyomama wrote:
<quoted text>
Being both black and white, I know that most white people hold dear to the idea of an ever violent and criminal black person. It is stitched deep within the American fabric. I don't think that this fool Zimmerman is a card carrying member of the Klan. I think he is nothing more than a fool who acted on the same fear that most white people have in regards to blacks. Personally, as a woman I will not assist a male motorist in distress. Simply because I stereotype that he could very well be a serial killer. Typically most serial killers, murderers,mass murderers, child molesters and rapists are male.
It's the initial thought of the black male being a threat (warranting excessive force and no proof of any actual wrongdoing) is an issue. What's more is that the police didn't do their job and also treated the VICTIM like the criminal and the CRIMINAL like a victim. The fact that it has been over a month and still nothing has been done. Nothing would have been done either had it not been for the family's diligence and support from the community.
I heard that tape of the female talking to the cops as TRAYVON was being brutally murdered. I could only cry, what his mother is going through.
We just need justice, I don't believe that White America can continue to function like this if they don't want a revolt.
They let him leave with the murder weapon! It's an outrage; and hopefully there is an arrest made quickly. There are now 900,000 signatures on a petition to arrest this killer, and more to come.
America is not the Same

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Sharpton is right, but he's no dummy. The Police Chief is on his way out the door because he just lost a vote of confidence by the local Council. And it is very likely that Zimmerman will be charged as a result of the Grand Jury hearing. Why? because there is sufficient evidence with which to charge him.
But, you are wrong about the lack of concern regarding gangs in major metropolitan cities--even and especially those led by blacks. No one is well served by rampant crime. Gangs are step in the process by which a disturbingly large number of young black men end up incarcerated.
The people who are disturbed by this reality are not typically found in all-white or majority majority enclaves.
But changing the reality is going to take far more than the concern of black mayors.
You need to do a little checking, Start with Baltimore MD, RUN BY BLACKS. There is no law in black infested drug and gang areas. The police will not go into the area if they can avoid it. This is Black and white cops.All parts of Baltimore at one time as safe to walk at night. Not anymore. Washington DC even Georgetown area which is suppose to be the elite area of DC are is NOT safe after dark.
The fact remains Sharpton is a racist
missy

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Happy little trees wrote:
I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand I'm very wary and turned off by a knee jerk group of people who like tornado hunters are forever combing the crime files to hype up anything they perceive as remotely racist. I feel this perverts the collection of facts and prejudices the court system against people who should be presumed innocent.
On the other hand I haven't found anything about this kid that suggests he was cut from the same cloth as all the low life punks out there. If you want to be an armed cop or security you must have good judgement and be prepared for the consequences should you make a mistake and that is what happened here. This over zealous security guy probably didn't act from race malice but he did exercise poor judgement and should pay the price.
However, in cases like this where emotions do run high I think a better solution than just locking him up for life would be to give him 5-8 years and then for the rest of his working life take a deduction out of each paycheck which will go to the victim's family and to a foundation set up in his name.
it was obviously an accident because Zimmerman obviously thought his life was in jeopardy. He probably thought the bag of skittles under his jacket was a gun. His lack of experience created this scenario and left a kid dead. Just like a new driver going too fast and kills someone. Does he go to jail? No. Chances are, Zimmerman will have to pay the family in a civil suit. He will probably lose his ability to own a gun for a very long time. He may be required to do community service. Why should he serve time in jail if this was an accident? If it is proven it was intentional, that is another matter although if he called 911, it doesn't seem so. It seems more like he wasn't very bright and perhaps fearful.

This is clearly a means for the liberal media to divert voters into a racial divide...white against black. white police force against the innocent black 17 year old. It's all over the liberal news outlets. Public radio Tell Me More has had speakers discussing how things haven't changed and blacks continue to be persecuted.

Zimmerman is hispanic, not white. If I were to guess his religious affiliation if he has one, I'd say he's Catholic and not jewish. For the person who keeps discussing his religious heritage as if it is a race.... Zimmerman is not necessarily a jewish last name.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

icu_ wrote:
<quoted text>You have the police investigation documents?
Only what has been released. No mention there of an eyewitness who claims to have seen Trayvon atop Zimmerman.

Where did this info come from?
Spike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you are a republican
American

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You need to do a little checking, Start with Baltimore MD, RUN BY BLACKS. There is no law in black infested drug and gang areas. The police will not go into the area if they can avoid it. This is Black and white cops.All parts of Baltimore at one time as safe to walk at night. Not anymore. Washington DC even Georgetown area which is suppose to be the elite area of DC are is NOT safe after dark.
The fact remains Sharpton is a racist
What is it that you believe that Mayor Rawlings-Blake should be doing that she is not?

What would a white woman, as Mayor, do?
America is not the Same

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it that you believe that Mayor Rawlings-Blake should be doing that she is not?
What would a white woman, as Mayor, do?
And took the place of the black mayor that stold funds for the poor.
ARREST NON being done a FACT!!!! NO police action what so ever.
Where is Al Sharpton Will he talk to his people to cool it hell no.
Strange since Schaeffer left office Baltimore went to hell.
Why don't you take a stroll down Reisterston road or Pimlico at night Then come back and debate. You are most likely black
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

I have a question if the boy was shot at 7pm and no less than 100 yards from his fathers house why did it take 12 hours for his parents to find out their son was dead. If all these people in the neighborhood heard the fight and screaming and the police sirens and cops showing up everywhere why didn't the parents hear anything I've heard 6 to 7 different 911 calls why didn't the parents hear anything?

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Spike wrote:
<quoted text>American
No. Your just another hateful Republican.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
And took the place of the black mayor that stold funds for the poor.
ARREST NON being done a FACT!!!! NO police action what so ever.
Where is Al Sharpton Will he talk to his people to cool it hell no.
Strange since Schaeffer left office Baltimore went to hell.
Why don't you take a stroll down Reisterston road or Pimlico at night Then come back and debate. You are most likely black
Actually, I am white. I don't know Baltimore, but I see that the Mayor has instituted a violence prevention program modelled on a mediation program in Chicago. It is interesting because it came out of epidemiological research (looking into causes and means of preventing the spread of violence at the level of individual incidence) and seems to have some immediate impact. In fact our local Mayor (also black) has been looking into a similar program.

But, that only slows violence, which while an excellent starting place, doesn't deal with the root causes of gang power and membership. What far too many people don't seem to realize is that these causes have as much to do with white suburbs as they do with black inner cities. And until we see this as being not solely a black problem, it is going to be very difficult to have an impact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

John wrote:
I have a question if the boy was shot at 7pm and no less than 100 yards from his fathers house why did it take 12 hours for his parents to find out their son was dead. If all these people in the neighborhood heard the fight and screaming and the police sirens and cops showing up everywhere why didn't the parents hear anything I've heard 6 to 7 different 911 calls why didn't the parents hear anything?
I have seen others who also claim that he was 100 yards away. What is the source for this? Apparently the family made a missing persons report with the police, but no one connected the dots to the body lying in the morgue as a John Doe. One suggestion has been that the police were blind to the possibility that the victim could live in the neighborhood.

I would note that each of the 911 calls was from someone looking out into a back yard. It seems as though there was walk between abutting back yards. So perhaps the buildings shielded the cries from other nearby homes?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

The administration is trying to create a story that will launch without blow back.
The killer is Hispanic.

“Don't think, just dream.”

Since: Feb 12

The Alamo City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

RayOne wrote:
The administration is trying to create a story that will launch without blow back.
The killer is Hispanic.
He is only part Hispanic. He has an Anglo last name, indicating his father is white. Therefore, he would "officially" be white.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>No. Your just another hateful Republican.
And you're a well known leftist turd who farts on here all day and night. And believe us when we say they do NOT smell any better with frequency.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,099,225
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 4 min legalize420 1,329
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 10 min fubar 22,260
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr wondering 114,872
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Big Sky 305,434
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr cRaP cLeAnEr 1,713
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr DebraE 54,805
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr Aquarius-WY 1,279
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Agents of Corruption 255,616
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Curmudgeon 151,027
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••