Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
561 - 580 of 29,902 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 16

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Bluffton, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Your comment is immaterial, baseless, irrelevant and thoroughly lacks merit.
Absolutely right! That has nothing to do with a child being killed by what seems like some powerseeking yahoo! His word against a dead kid, yeah, that's fair.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the MOST horrific murders is the countries history, the Newark triple homicide of three black college students by Hispanics, several who were not here legally, was NEVER prosecuted as a racial hate crime because of "political correctness".
http://usopenborders.com/2012/02/illegal-alie...
http://www.thegrio.com/news/first-conviction-...
Now my guess is that the DOJ under Holder is going to keep his distance on this case until after the elections because Zimmerman is Hispanic.
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were no-shows in the Newark murders; although everybody knows that had the killers been white, they would have been there.
Not every killing across racial or ethnic lines meets the standard of a hate crime. The stand requires that the crime must have been committed against the victim BECAUSE of their race. In theory, one might even suppose that such a standard could be met WITHIN a racial category--although I am not aware of such a case.

This case, however, does certainly beg the question. Based on the 911 call made by Zimmerman, it would appear as though the sole reason for suspicion was the race of the victim. It would be helpful, in hindsight, if the dispatcher had probed if there was any behavior that led Zimmerman to suspect whether Trayvon was using drugs. It will also be helpful to allow the unedited tapes to be heard to determine if he did actually use a racial slur.

However, regardless of any hate crime specification, it looks abundantly as though charges are justified--negligent homicide or manslaughter at the very least. You just don't go around armed stalking people based on their race and appearance and expect nothing to happen.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Pamela wrote:
What about the 200 billion dollars a year the blacks on welfare do in identity theft and they go and try to break into the people's homes once they get their address? What about all of that?? What about all of those victims? Now they go and take people's IRS returns. So these people are not stupid. They are just lazy as hell.
Spoken like a true Ron Paul supporter.
Spike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Who would'nt?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Only The Truth wrote:
If it had of been a black cop shooting a black kid not a word would be said about it but since it wasn't let's just make this national news to fire up some riots.
I'm sorry, but I do believe that any family who lost a son in the way that Trayvon was killed would be outraged by the fact that there was no arrest, and that further the police put out a statement defending the actions of Zimmerman (citing as "fact" that he was just out running errands), AND returned his weapon to him rather than holding it for forensic examination.

Even taking the element of race out of the picture, his family has every cause to suspect that justice would not be done without outside intervention.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

America is not the Same wrote:
Swanp
In Feb the sun sets at 5:46 PM.All the videos released shows it was dark. Sanfort is HIGH CRIME AREA. It has the highest crime in the state.
Why do you think there are GATED COMMUNITIES NOW in the area.
Gated communities are the upscale areas. Retreat at twin lakes has townhouse condo's that sell presently around $100,000. It is a fairly new community only about 6 through 10 years old. It is bordered by a community of homes that sell between $300,000 and $500,000. It sits on the border of Lake Mary which is a prestigious community where Zimmermanís parents live. Sanford is a large city and the Retreat at Twin Lakes lays on its western border. Retreat at Twin Lakes is not in a high crime area. I am very familiar with the area. I sold a condo in the Retreat at Twin Lakes around 5 years ago and have shown many condo's and houses in that area. About two years ago I sold a $350,000 4/3/3 that originally sold for over $600,000 not far from there. It is NOT a high crime area. Downtown Sanford does have crime but is about 3 miles away.
America is not the Same

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Stay out of Sanford FL. Al Sharpton is heading a rally there to oust the Police chief and to have Zimmerman formally charged.
This is BLACKS taking control again as they did in th 60 riots. Their motto is If we don't get what we want we will riot.

I want justice for all the drive shootings done by black gangs that killed white and Hispanics in other cities, but no nothing will be done because Washington DC, Baltimore MD , Newark NJ and Patterson NJ are all run by Blacks as are many other crime infested cities

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Pamela wrote:
I heard one of Zimmerman's neighbors on CNN last night. He said the community had had many breakins all by black men so the people were very scared. They were under seize by black men and then this happened. Of course nothing is said about why were so many black men breaking into homes in that community. When they keep breaking in homes in the same community, people get scared and bad things happen.
Zimmerman was obviously unqualified to handle the situation. Police help was on the way and his attempted "heroics" earned him goat horns.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Pamela wrote:
What about the 200 billion dollars a year the blacks on welfare do in identity theft and they go and try to break into the people's homes once they get their address? What about all of that?? What about all of those victims? Now they go and take people's IRS returns. So these people are not stupid. They are just lazy as hell.
What does any of that have to do with Trayvon Martin?

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Pamela wrote:
So now you are trying to indict the entire Black race to justify the killing of an unarmed kid. Your not an idiot. You are a racist retard.
Truth Seeker

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Your comment is immaterial, baseless, irrelevant and thoroughly lacks merit.
Because the evidence corroborates Zimmerman's account of the events.

The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him.

The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help.

Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness.

Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin's father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son

A man who witnessed part of the altercation contacted authorities.

"The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me,'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.

"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

The Black community and people with white guilt do not want to acknowledge these facts but they are facts.

Zimmerman claimed that he lost sight of Martin and was heading back to his truck when Martin confronted him.

letter from the city manager about the investigation and what is being portrayed in the media. " What about media reenactments of the shooting incident?Any media reenactments of the shooting incident are purely speculation. To date the Sanford Police Department has not released any rendition of the events of the evening to anyone other than the Office of the State Attorney. The renditions we have seen are not consistent with the evidence in this case."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Zimmerman-...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely what evidence do you have to suggest that this kid was a gang thug?
The same evedenct that you have that says the shooter was guilty

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Stay out of Sanford FL. Al Sharpton is heading a rally there to oust the Police chief and to have Zimmerman formally charged.
This is BLACKS taking control again as they did in th 60 riots. Their motto is If we don't get what we want we will riot.
I want justice for all the drive shootings done by black gangs that killed white and Hispanics in other cities, but no nothing will be done because Washington DC, Baltimore MD , Newark NJ and Patterson NJ are all run by Blacks as are many other crime infested cities
Another massive chimpout in black run America

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Ballybunion wrote:
This may be about race, but it sure isn't a condemnation of all non-black's. It was ONE man, who seems to have issues, probably being "Block Captain" was the greatest achievement he had ever attained. He sounds like someone looking for a little power, he was told to NOT follow, he did, the kid was "Armed" with a bag of skittles and a soda or some drink, and called for help. Sounds, like he was attacked by this kid who figured he knew better than the police. He certainly should be arrested and at least have to put up more proof of the "attack" than just his word against a dead kid. He KILLED a child, for what? The POLICE totally screwed up by not doing any investigation at all, just sent the guy home with smoking gun in hand. Jeeze, even when a certified policeman kills someone in the line of duty, the gun is taken for tests and a formal statement is taken. These bozos just sent him home and if you believe he's still in FL I have a bridge to sell you. I feel terrible for his parents, they lost a child who was doing a favor for a younger sibling.
End of the day, while Zimmerman pulled the trigger and may not have been the brightest knife in the drawer, or had the soundest reasoning; it is looking more and more as though the police were also derelict in their duty to investigate. And this is where something approaching true racism (which is a systemic, rather than personal, entity) might be in play. If the police made decisions based on biased impressions that Zimmerman was a good guy, but the dead kid in a hoodie was likely up to no good, then we begin to see the impact of racism.

There are other plausible explanations, of course. The Sanford Police have been accused of cronyism in the past--giving a pass to relatives who would otherwise have been arrested. Someone has suggested that an alternate explanation would be that Zimmerman was a police informant. Only speculation, of course, but it fits a fact pattern that includes his arrest for assault on an officer having been scrubbed from his record.

At this point it is highly appropriate that state and federal investigators enter in.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

icu_ wrote:
<quoted text>The same evedenct that you have that says the shooter was guilty
Well, he admitted to police that he was the one who shot Trayvon. That is not in dispute.

There is also a fair amount of evidence (including his word on the 911 call) that Zimmerman was pursuing Trayvon. And we have now the report of the person he was talking to on the phone.

Now, what is it again that you have to show that Trayvon was a "thug"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Sorry, that should be "gang thug."
America is not the Same

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

I want to see Al Sharpton STAND UP and hold rallies and demand action to be taken for all the white and Hispanic people who were shot and killed by Blacks in gang and drug wars.Black on white crime in the cities is out of control.
Hell will freeze over before this happens
He is a racist who stirs up hate and promotes race riots.
Guarantee Sanford will bow to Sharptons demands because if they don't he will imitate riots

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him.

The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help.

Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness.

Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin's father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son

A man who witnessed part of the altercation contacted authorities.

"The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me,'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.

"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

The Black community and people with white guilt do not want to acknowledge these facts but they are facts.

Zimmerman claimed that he lost sight of Martin and was heading back to his truck when Martin confronted him.

letter from the city manager about the investigation and what is being portrayed in the media. " What about media reenactments of the shooting incident?Any media reenactments of the shooting incident are purely speculation. To date the Sanford Police Department has not released any rendition of the events of the evening to anyone other than the Office of the State Attorney. The renditions we have seen are not consistent with the evidence in this case."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Zimmerman -...

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

I am not staying out of Sanford. I go there frequently. Had a great diner at Joes Crab Shack two days ago. Although Sanford today is mostly a diverse community it still has a redneck hateful element left over from when Jackie Robinson lived there and the Police Chief threatened to stop the game if Jackie Robinson took the field.
Spike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>So now you are trying to indict the entire Black race to justify the killing of an unarmed kid. Your not an idiot. You are a racist retard.
The city should give Zimmerman an award or reward for his bravery

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••