Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29872 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: May 11

AOL

#35530 Nov 20, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Not really, it was a first hearing and the judge actually went over schedule on the main charge bail amount of $8,900. First hearing judges have full dockets often deciding disposition for as many as 60 defendants daily.
It will be interesting to follow the attorney situation, will George stay with the public defender or will another attention seeking attorney offer the legal services pro bono?
I would be interested in seeing the math regarding Zimmerman's $2.5 million dollar debt.
Hi R&R:)
The issue about passport should have been cut and dried, IMO. Judge should have pulled his, but instead told him to stay in FL. The prosecutor asked for 50k bail and judge made it 9k..why? Why not keep bail high and why weren't the guns confiscated on day of arrest? Seems they do that with every common criminal but this one.
I laughed about your comment that some lawyer will come along and relieve the pd, pro bono. No kidding. I'd get a real kick out of a GZ/Alan Dershowitz pairing myself..AD would pull what's left of his hair out after 10 minutes with GZ!
I wonder about the 2.5 million too..did O'Mara clean up and wipe out GZ's donations, or what? I know GZ paid off his debt when money poured in, or at least it was said he did. Where's the rest of the moola all the suckers sent? I saw here some GZ supporter saying GZ's barbequeing steaks all the time, but a whole cow wouldn't cost as much as the money his fans sent.
Oh, lol about Taffe blaming the women in GZ's life. They're all bad and this last one is really bad because, according to Taffe, had a baby at 15. Well, I guess that constitutes a strangling and a shotgun up her nose, huh? Unreal!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#35531 Nov 20, 2013
Former Libyan leader Moammar Khadafy is said to have been worth nearly $200 billion at the time of his death in 2011 -- making him one of the wealthiest people in the world.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/top-10-riches...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#35532 Nov 20, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue about passport should have been cut and dried, IMO. Judge should have pulled his, but instead told him to stay in FL.
Flight risk weighted for the crime committed... I mean charged with... for the income the pedophile says he has (putting aside he flat out lied about this before ).

The judge took his toys and the pedophile's ego is such that you can be sure he is wanting another performance.

Since: May 11

AOL

#35533 Nov 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Flight risk weighted for the crime committed... I mean charged with... for the income the pedophile says he has (putting aside he flat out lied about this before ).
The judge took his toys and the pedophile's ego is such that you can be sure he is wanting another performance.
Ugh! I heard tonight the beached whale made a sex tape. barrrrrf

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35534 Nov 20, 2013
Georgie Porgie, puddin' and pie.

Beats the girls and makes them cry.

And call 911.

Location hidden

#35535 Nov 20, 2013
Bail was way too low for domestic violence with a gun involved. Others get ten times this bail.

If they had charged him when he attacked Shellie and her father this might have been avoided.

Location hidden

#35536 Nov 20, 2013
Turns out he had beaten up his girlfriend a week before he went crazy AGAIN.

She didn't report him so he thought he had ANOTHER free pass.

Is the state of Florida going to wait until there is another dead body lying at Zimmerman's feet to recognize what a danger he is to society at large?
Good news Ohio

Beckley, WV

#35537 Nov 21, 2013
Good news for us wanting to protect ourselves

Ohio lawmakers advance broad 'stand your ground' bill
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/21/oh...
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#35538 Nov 21, 2013
zazz wrote:
Is the state of Florida going to wait until there is another dead body lying at Zimmerman's feet to recognize what a danger he is to society at large?
If the self serving ghetto race baiters including "da prez" didn't spew their hate and accusations this case would have been handled as a local one within the state of Florida. Instead it was turned into a circus by people who know how to turn things into a carnival atmosphere quite well. They are funny but dangerous as we all know. So you ended up with a national farce that wanted to prove a hate crime over justice. And the trial ended up being judged on that.

Location hidden

#35539 Nov 21, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> If the self serving ghetto .
Yea, bigot: the president is trying to take this pedophile out and the woman he threatened was a government plant.

You look over your shoulder when you tell a "joke", dontcha Smurfette?

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#35540 Nov 21, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue about passport should have been cut and dried, IMO. Judge should have pulled his, but instead told him to stay in FL. The prosecutor asked for 50k bail and judge made it 9k..why? Why not keep bail high and why weren't the guns confiscated on day of arrest? Seems they do that with every common criminal but this one.
I laughed about your comment that some lawyer will come along and relieve the pd, pro bono. No kidding. I'd get a real kick out of a GZ/Alan Dershowitz pairing myself..AD would pull what's left of his hair out after 10 minutes with GZ!
I wonder about the 2.5 million too..did O'Mara clean up and wipe out GZ's donations, or what? I know GZ paid off his debt when money poured in, or at least it was said he did. Where's the rest of the moola all the suckers sent? I saw here some GZ supporter saying GZ's barbequeing steaks all the time, but a whole cow wouldn't cost as much as the money his fans sent.
Oh, lol about Taffe blaming the women in GZ's life. They're all bad and this last one is really bad because, according to Taffe, had a baby at 15. Well, I guess that constitutes a strangling and a shotgun up her nose, huh? Unreal!
Not sure about the weapons although one news outlet reported that the deputies were seem removing what appeared to a long gun case.

There's a lot in this initial reporting that doesn't add up, some of it will untangle itself as time passes.

clickorando reports that George supposedly sent an image from an intimate video he and Scheibe made to her daughter. If that video contained any sex or exposed genitalia Georgie would still be in the slammer so we can assume that was contrived or embellished.

According to Scheibe, she met him right after he arrived in Central Florida and she was only about 15 or 16 yoa so there must have been some sort of mutual friend. She also said that she had dated him some before he met Shellie.

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#35541 Nov 21, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> If the self serving ghetto race baiters including "da prez" didn't spew their hate and accusations this case would have been handled as a local one within the state of Florida. Instead it was turned into a circus by people who know how to turn things into a carnival atmosphere quite well. They are funny but dangerous as we all know. So you ended up with a national farce that wanted to prove a hate crime over justice. And the trial ended up being judged on that.
Only one dangerous, is the one who believes he has the right to pull a gun on unarmed teenagers and women. The latest problem doesn't even involve race, it's about domestic violence. Try to keep up.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#35547 Nov 21, 2013
Good news Ohio wrote:
Good news for us wanting to protect ourselves
Ohio lawmakers advance broad 'stand your ground' bill
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/21/oh...
Actually this was introduced just before the Martin shooting. After the Martin shooting made it national, they put this bill in a drawer and let it cool down for a while. Now it's back and will likely be passed. Kasich (facing reelection) will sign the bill.

As with every other advancement of people being allowed to protect themselves, the doom and gloom predictions are already coming out. Good for our Republican legislatures and I hope they continue to give us more liberty in using our weapons if need be. I can't wait for it's passage so I can enjoy all the boo-hooing by the anti-gun people in this state.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#35548 Nov 21, 2013
zazz wrote:
Isn't it funny how "all of the women" he beat up never reported it nor had any physical injuries?

She sounds like a real crackpot.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#35549 Nov 21, 2013
zazz wrote:
Bail was way too low for domestic violence with a gun involved. Others get ten times this bail.
If they had charged him when he attacked Shellie and her father this might have been avoided.
You can't charge somebody with no evidence. That's why the police did nothing. He said-she said.

Location hidden

#35550 Nov 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
After the Martin shooting made it national, they put this bill in a drawer and let it cool down for a while.
Yea, there's nothing like pedophile gun gnutter running around shooting unarmed kids to bring unwanted heat on attempts to allow more gun gnutters more access to shooting more people through who dare come knocking at night.

Of course- the biggest benefactors are the drug dealers who now are less inhibiting to fire back, not worrying about being charged with weapons violations.

Because SYG gets around that.

Wipe your chin, Pinocchio.

Location hidden

#35552 Nov 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how "all of the women" he beat up never reported it nor had any physical injuries?
Isn't it funny how he has been accused of THREE cases of domestic violence?

Poor pedophile... bad things just seem to follow him around...
sallygal

Pittsburgh, PA

#35553 Nov 21, 2013
Jennifer

Lake Butler, FL

#35554 Nov 22, 2013
Lake Deputy ERIC REYES called my 8 year old son a LIAR

This is the same deputy that let the handcuffed arrestee escape last January
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-01-3...
submit

Lake Butler, FL

#35555 Nov 22, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
Lake Deputy ERIC REYES called my 8 year old son a LIAR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =C5nJGdlUeoAXX
This is the same deputy that let the handcuffed arrestee escape last January
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-01-3...
This should be submitted to copblock

http://www.copblock.org/submit/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min LeDuped 193,430
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 12 min Learn to Read 109
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 24 min Enter 3,200
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,274,453
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr replaytime 173,348
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr karl44 12,420
I want my girlfriend to dress like a sl*t and t... 1 hr beerformy 1
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 2 hr Responsibiility 89
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr taletha 340,659
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 196,873
More from around the web