Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#32181 Jul 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As I predicted before the verdict, Florida will see no riots because of their gun laws. Small riots took place in CA because they have the strictest gun laws in the country.
The only way to stop or slow down crime is with a strong enough deterrent. Guns are that deterrent.
You may be right, but it is not over until the fat lady sings , The black community can't accept the jury verdict even though they clamored for a trial..
Every other day they have some nonsense going on to keep the racism alive. Sooner or later they will resort to all out violence when the feds come to the conclusion there is absolutely no grounds to try Zimmerman on a civil rights charge .

OT : I see they caught a mass murderer in Cleveland Good thing he was black . I notice the poverty pimps are not going bananas over this. Proof positive there is no money in black crime. The median ran with the story for a couple days Now you do not hear a word about it
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32182 Jul 28, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> I am speaking about the NY Law relating to the use of deadly force, section 33 to be exact, before NY changer to the castile doctrine in 2005. NY does not have a SYG law.
The day I will pitch hit for spazz will never come. Zimmerman performed a public service
Let's stick with Florida's laws, shall we? They were the first to pass SYG legislation, then 22 or so other states followed suit.

Geoge Zimmerman's self-defense theory was based on this statute, not SYG - he faced imminent death, therefore the use of deadly force was justifiable..

782.02&#8195;Justifiable use of deadly force.—The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm...

SYG is different because of the clause "no duty to retreat" - seems the perpetrator is legally justified to shoot to kill to protect him or herself or property on the sole basis of "I thought (fill in the blanks) was going to occur".
Xbox Gamer

Spring, TX

#32183 Jul 28, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your picture is in the dictionary in two places. Under TRASH. Under POS, there you are.
She's got a twin with asthma and knee replacements. Don't bother being nice to them. They hate their lives and come on here to kick shins because if they talked to their kids that way, their kids would never speak to them again. Is that what happened? They had kids and the kids abandoned them?
Bitter witches. Ignore them as much as possible.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32184 Jul 28, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> You may be right, but it is not over until the fat lady sings , The black community can't accept the jury verdict even though they clamored for a trial..
Every other day they have some nonsense going on to keep the racism alive. Sooner or later they will resort to all out violence when the feds come to the conclusion there is absolutely no grounds to try Zimmerman on a civil rights charge .

Nice illustration of a sort of backwards "Law of Attraction" - from positive to negative wishes.

Where has it gotten you? LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32185 Jul 28, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do no think she has said a word since the trial Although, she could have been on one of those BS HLC programs.
She only has limited immunity for prosecution on malicious prosecution. Now, that is a trial I would enjoy looking forward to the outcome. Zimmerman should be compensated for the injustice that has been done to him Even if it is only the satisfaction of seeing the hateful woman disbarred
Zimmerman should be compensated for what injustice done to him?

Pssttt.....how's that lawsuit by Casey Anthony doing?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#32186 Jul 28, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> You may be right, but it is not over until the fat lady sings , The black community can't accept the jury verdict even though they clamored for a trial..
OT : I see they caught a mass murderer in Cleveland Good thing he was black . I notice the poverty pimps are not going bananas over this. Proof positive there is no money in black crime. The median ran with the story for a couple days Now you do not hear a word about it
He was our second mass murderer in the past few years. His hero--the first mass murderer is Thomas Sowell. He killed 9 women and buried them in and around his house. He lived with those bodies for many months. He too was black.

The crime that goes on here and around our city are seldom reported in the national media. Trayvon's get killed all the time here, but because it's usually other blacks that kill them, it's not much of a story.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#32187 Jul 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
"Since that law passed the number of justifiable homicides nearly tripled, and averaged 35 a year between 2005 and 2010."
The argument for repeal was strong even without the Zimmerman case. The Tampa Bay Times reviewed 200 "stand your ground" cases last year, and in about one-third of those cases the defendant started the fight and went free. The law has freed killers and aggressive attackers, drug dealers and other criminals whose claims of self-defense were questionable.
http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/editorials/ed...
It's not real clear in Florida how often the Stand Your Ground Law has been applied to protect the offender from prosecution, or why the media is not publishing the actual stastistics....
Anyone notice Pam Bondi is totally silent?
Here, perhaps try this:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/FSAC/Menu...

Seems that violent crime and murder are steady or dropping in Fla the last couple of decades.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32188 Jul 28, 2013
Laws to protect kids from guns weak
Beth Kassab

5:18 pm, July 24, 2013

A 4-year-old found a gun at his Pine Hills home and accidentally shot himself in the face.

A 16-year-old accidentally killed his 12-year-old brother in Lake Nona with a gun he found in his parents' bedroom drawer.

A 12-year-old brought two guns, one of them loaded, to Glenridge Middle School in Orlando.

Most recently, a 15-year-old was charged with first-degree murder after police say he went on a shooting rampage with friends that left two people dead.

What do these cases have in common?

All of the kids found guns inside their homes during the past six months. And none of their parents have been charged, even though Florida law requires parents to ensure that firearms are safely stored around children.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/...

What happened to all the Children's rights activists who are not speaking out for the civil rights of dead children because guns in homes are not being safeguarded?

Or is it more important that a gun be loaded and ready to "Stand Your Ground" than dead children?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32189 Jul 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
He was our second mass murderer in the past few years. His hero--the first mass murderer is Thomas Sowell. He killed 9 women and buried them in and around his house. He lived with those bodies for many months. He too was black.
The crime that goes on here and around our city are seldom reported in the national media. Trayvon's get killed all the time here, but because it's usually other blacks that kill them, it's not much of a story.
It would also be very interesting to see Florida's stastical data in relation to percentage of blacks who have been given a pass under SYG legislation.

As far as reported crimes by the media, you can dig for it, but you'll find research indicates the media has a tendency to report on a disportionate amount of crimes committed by blacks as opposed to crimes committed by other races, adding to the general illusion that the black race is dangerous.

Psssstttttt......."xxxxra yted" you still advertising?

Location hidden

#32190 Jul 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Laws to protect kids from guns weak
Beth Kassab
5:18 pm, July 24, 2013
A 4-year-old found a gun at his Pine Hills home and accidentally shot himself in the face.
A 16-year-old accidentally killed his 12-year-old brother in Lake Nona with a gun he found in his parents' bedroom drawer.
A 12-year-old brought two guns, one of them loaded, to Glenridge Middle School in Orlando.
Most recently, a 15-year-old was charged with first-degree murder after police say he went on a shooting rampage with friends that left two people dead.
What do these cases have in common?
All of the kids found guns inside their homes during the past six months. And none of their parents have been charged, even though Florida law requires parents to ensure that firearms are safely stored around children.
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/...
What happened to all the Children's rights activists who are not speaking out for the civil rights of dead children because guns in homes are not being safeguarded?
Or is it more important that a gun be loaded and ready to "Stand Your Ground" than dead children?
People that have children should be aware that they cannot leave a gun around that is not secured. Children are curious by nature.

As a matter of routine I would lock my weapon in a lock box when I came home.
I believe the incidents you mention are isolated and while regrettable, do nor represent the vast majority of responsible gun owners.
Just for the record refresh my memory on the possession of handguns in Canada. It has been a while since I have had to deal with them

Location hidden

#32191 Jul 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman should be compensated for what injustice done to him?
Pssttt.....how's that lawsuit by Casey Anthony doing?
lets see:
NBC altering 911 calls
Black panthers putting a bounty on his head
Threats 24/7
Spike lee giving out false information re his parents
Having to hire body guards
Malicious prosecution

Should I go on ?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32192 Jul 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, perhaps try this:
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/FSAC/Menu...
Seems that violent crime and murder are steady or dropping in Fla the last couple of decades.
The SYG legislation was passed in Florida in the year 2005, so it certainly is not responsible for violent crime and murder rates steady or dropping the last couple of decades. HINT - a decade is 10 years, a couple of decades is appx 20 years, this is the year 2013 and 2005 was only 8 years ago.

Psssstttttt........did you know that psychopaths apparently are not able to comprehend the concept of passage of time? Does that mean they're lousy at applying the measurement of time as well?

Furthermore, violent crime has dropped in States without SYG legislation as well, so your flawed logic is meaningless.

http://oag.ca.gov/crime
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#32193 Jul 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
It would also be very interesting to see Florida's stastical data in relation to percentage of blacks who have been given a pass under SYG legislation.
As far as reported crimes by the media, you can dig for it, but you'll find research indicates the media has a tendency to report on a disportionate amount of crimes committed by blacks as opposed to crimes committed by other races, adding to the general illusion that the black race is dangerous.
Psssstttttt......."xxxxra yted" you still advertising?
And I suppose you have evidence of this?

So if all statistics show how much more dangerous blacks are than whites, it's all BS? Based on what? Your opinion?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/blacks-bene...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32194 Jul 28, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> People that have children should be aware that they cannot leave a gun around that is not secured. Children are curious by nature.
As a matter of routine I would lock my weapon in a lock box when I came home.
I believe the incidents you mention are isolated and while regrettable, do nor represent the vast majority of responsible gun owners.
Just for the record refresh my memory on the possession of handguns in Canada. It has been a while since I have had to deal with them
A sad state of affairs -- who is putting guns into the hands of these children?

"Among juveniles (minors under the age of 16, 17, or 18, depending on legal jurisdiction) serving in correctional facilities, 86% had owned a gun, with 66% acquiring their first gun by age 14.[2] There was also a tendency for juvenile offenders to have owned several firearms, with 65% owning three or more.[2] Juveniles most often acquired guns illegally from family, friends, drug dealers, and street contacts.[2] Inner-city youths cited "self-protection from enemies" as the top reason for carrying a gun.[2] In Rochester, New York, 22% of young males have carried a firearm illegally, most for only a short time.[107] There is little overlap between legal gun ownership and illegal gun carrying among youths.[107]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#32195 Jul 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The SYG legislation was passed in Florida in the year 2005, so it certainly is not responsible for violent crime and murder rates steady or dropping the last couple of decades. HINT - a decade is 10 years, a couple of decades is appx 20 years, this is the year 2013 and 2005 was only 8 years ago.
Psssstttttt........did you know that psychopaths apparently are not able to comprehend the concept of passage of time? Does that mean they're lousy at applying the measurement of time as well?
Furthermore, violent crime has dropped in States without SYG legislation as well, so your flawed logic is meaningless.
http://oag.ca.gov/crime
Thanks for the lesson on what a decade is. Perhaps I should give you some lessons on reading a chart that displays decades, and then you would understand why I used the term "decades."

Yes, violent crime and gun crimes in particular have been dropping the last few DECADES in the entire US. It's proportional with the number of states creating CCW, SYG and Castle Doctrines. The more armed your society--the more lenient gun regulations are for law-biding people, the more of a deterrent you offer to crime. The more deterrent to crime, the less crime you will have.

For the most part, gun laws don't work. Gun laws only stop law-biding citizens from having or using guns.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32196 Jul 28, 2013
Guns in the home proving deadly for kids

He didn't know the gun was loaded.

The 14-year-old Massachusetts boy had recently found his mother's handgun, which she kept hidden under her mattress for protection.

"Promise me you'll never touch it," his mother, a single mom, had asked him.

But the lure of the gun was irresistible. He decided to show it off to his neighbor, 12-year-old Brian Crowell.

"He was going,'Click, click, click,'" pretending to shoot the gun, says Brian's mother, Ann Marie Crowell, who spoke to the child and his mother after the incident. "But there was one last bullet. It went into Brian's neck."

And just like that, Crowell's son was gone.

Nearly 800 children under 14 were killed in gun accidents from 1999 to 2010, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Nearly one in five injury-related deaths in children and adolescents involve firearms.

<snip>

Guns also should be designed more safely, Kellermann says.

If manufacturers can make childproof aspirin bottles, they should be able to make a gun that can't be operated by a child, says Hemenway, director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center.

Guns also should be redesigned so that they don't go off accidentally when dropped, Hemenway says.

"What I don't understand is why the industry hasn't done more to make handguns childproof, since we have no evidence to date that it is possible to make children gun-proof," Kellermann says. "And as recent tragedies have proven, they are not bullet-proof."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#32197 Jul 28, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
This evil POS will murder again, mark my words.
Sooner than later.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32198 Jul 28, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Children getting access to guns not being stored properly are not "isolated incidents". Because guns are so prevalent in the USA, it amazes me that secure storage of such is not of equal emphass, while innocent children become victims and even "responsible gun owners" don't seem to care.

The Small Arms Survey is also useful - although it is from 2007, it collates civilian gun ownership rates for 178 countries around the world, and has 'normalised' the data to include a rate per 100,000 population.

It shows that:

With less than 5% of the world's population, the United States is home to roughly 35–50 per cent of the world's civilian-owned guns, heavily skewing the global geography of firearms and any relative comparison.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#32199 Jul 28, 2013
[QUOTE who="xxxrayted"
Yes, violent crime and gun crimes in particular have been dropping the last few DECADES in the entire US.[/QUOTE]

As we point out to you EVERY TIME YOU REPEAT IT:

a) homicides have increased over the last decade
b) the country is getting older
c) police work is getting better
d) more criminals are in jail and staying there longer
e) has absolutely nothing to do with gun ownership; knowing a home has a firearm or firearms ATTRACT criminals because the typical gun owner is a dumbazz who doesn't bother to lock them up.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#32200 Jul 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Children getting access to guns not being stored properly are not "isolated incidents". Because guns are so prevalent in the USA, it amazes me that secure storage of such is not of equal emphass, while innocent children become victims and even "responsible gun owners" don't seem to care.
The Small Arms Survey is also useful - although it is from 2007, it collates civilian gun ownership rates for 178 countries around the world, and has 'normalised' the data to include a rate per 100,000 population.
It shows that:
With less than 5% of the world's population, the United States is home to roughly 35–50 per cent of the world's civilian-owned guns, heavily skewing the global geography of firearms and any relative comparison.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...
We need more guns. Many more guns. Our politicians turned America into a balkanized nation. The people did not. Now we have to pay the piper. What will clean it up is if people recognize that their own can be scum bags and become brothers to their neighbors who think the same way. Which is civil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump takes on trade deals in Pennsylvania speech 1 min tomin cali 1
News How the White House prepared for Brexit 2 min Eleanor 22
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min HILLARY wears DEP... 228,615
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min DanFromSmithville 199,375
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nuculur option 1,395,497
News Welcome to the Ultimate Hold-Your-Nose Election 5 min Le Jimbo 11
News Nine Arrested At DAPA Protest 7 min They light 3
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min spocko 3,473
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 11 min Sheriff Joe 529 1,143
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 14 min Taletha 16 388,139
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Woj 216,796
More from around the web