Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29879 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Jun 13

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#28370 Jul 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link --
"Telling the FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said.“Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/12/2892510...
This was after the fact. The reason he did so many interviews and told him the incident was recorded was to try to trip him up or get him to change his story so that he could file the charges he wanted to file. Refer to his testimony which clearly says he wanted to file charges against GZ in the beginning

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#28371 Jul 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
State attorney 'outraged' by federal review request in Trayvon Martin case
Teen shot dead in Sanford by Neighborhood Watch leader
Published On: Apr 02 2012 01:45:15 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 03 2012 08:17:38 AM EDT
State Attorney Norm Wolfinger released a statement on Monday saying he is "outraged by the outright lies" contained in a letter written by the attorney of Trayvon Martin's parents, who are seeking a federal review in the case.
Martin family attorney Ben Crump said he is asking the U.S. Justice Department to review the investigation for possible interference by Wolfinger's office on the night Martin was shot to death by Neighborhood Watch leader George Zimmerman.
Crump sent a formal request to the Justice Department on Monday, saying, "within hours of the shooting in which Trayvon Martin was killed, Sanford Chief of Police Bill lee met with State Attorney Norm Wolfinger. We also believe that family members of shooter George Zimmerman were present at the police department. It was further revealed that State Attorney Norm Wolfinger and Chief Bill Lee overruled the recommendation of the lead homicide investigator, Chris Serino, who recommended that George Michale Zimemrman be arrested for manslaughter for killing Trayvon Benjamin Martin."
Wolfinger said he was "outraged by the outright lies contained in the letter..." and he, "encourages the Justice Department to investigate and document that no such meeting or communication occurred."
"I have been encouraging those spreading the irresponsible rhetoric to stop and allow State Attorney Angela Corey to complete her work," Wolfinger said. "Another falsehood distributed to the media does nothing to forward that process."
More -
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/State-attorn...
Wonder if this review is taking place? Because this story is ridiculous - police officers alone do not "file charges".
Telling the FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said.“Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/12/2892510...
Cannot wait for the defense to call Crumpetts, Tracy Martin and his girlfriend. They may even call the guy that drove Trayvon back from Orlando to Brandywines apartment.

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#28372 Jul 6, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>Manslaughter, a possible option for prosecution...
Yesterday, during summary judgement argument, prosecution asked judge to consider manslaughter as a possibility if she felt second degree murder was not an appropriate charge.
_ Captain Z will be convicted of something...
Of something? More than likely nothing.

I wonder if he can sue Crumpetts, parents, Sharpton and Jackson for defamation since they were the ring leaders in the racial bandwagon

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#28373 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
And how are you defining "the public" a small demographic of Sharpton and Jackson followers who got major media attention. Fact is most of Florida did not believe charges should have been filed. Fact is they got so much media attention because the media know this would make big headlines and TV watchers. Fact is, IT IS law enforcement and the State Attorney that decide whether or not charges will be filed, not racially motived marches and TV time.
Bullsht, most of Florida, like most of the nation never heard about the shooting before Crump invited Sharpton to Sanford.

But the local legal community along with the media knew that Sanford PD had screwed up again by the first Friday afterward.

Sanford PD treated George as a friend of LE from the get go, taking him at his word on his "squeaky clean" background while at the Sanford believing that the John Doe was a punk who got what he deserved.

They were shttng all over themselves the next morning when they learned the dead guy's age, that he had no criminal record and that he was visiting at a condo near the rear gate.

So did the larger flashlight work as Serino noted? Or not work, as George stated?
Memorial H 10 4 Texas

Spring, TX

#28375 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those lived in Florida? I live here and could give a rats ass about what anyone outside of Florida thinks. They don't live here, and some have never been here, and most more than likely had never heard of Sanford. I would venture to say that most of them had probably never heard of the case, they just heard that a white guy shot a black kid, accompanied by a picture of a 12 year old Trayvon
It was on CNN and everywhere. I thought it was funny that Gorge thinks he is white. It reminds me of the K K K Chapelle character Clayton Bigsby.
Memorial H 10 4 Texas

Spring, TX

#28376 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? If this had happened in Texas, GZ would be celebrated and probably have a Day named after him. White Texas Men are all about gun rights and self defense. This would not even be an issue in Texas. Not to mention that the Governor does not like blacks and women.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/970285...

The difference is that the neighbor actually had proof of the guys breaking and entering a neighbor's home and they had bags with property they had removed from the neighbor's house. He had a shotgun, not a low-end 9 mm. weapon like Gorge carried.

I don't know the name of the man who shot the two robbers and there is no day named after him.
Why wasn't that case on HLN/CNN? Also, these were not kids he shot. I'll see if I can find a case similar to Gorge's. Didn't Gorge have any friends he could have picked up to assist him? Guess not. I read people had spit on him and threw garbage at his truck. Not exactly showing him the love, but he wasn't a cop and did not command respect. He was just a guy creeping around the property, looking at kids.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28377 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannot wait for the defense to call Crumpetts, Tracy Martin and his girlfriend. They may even call the guy that drove Trayvon back from Orlando to Brandywines apartment.
How do you be sure Mark O'Mara raised enough money?

$22,000 - He's guilty as sin.
$74,999 - Still guilty.
$75,000 - He gets a fighting chance.
$120,000 - He get$ the defen$e he deserve$.
$120,000 +- The money pot says he's innocent.

George Zimmerman raises $22,000 in one day after money plea
May 30, 2013

SANFORD --
George Zimmerman has raised more than $22,000 in just one day after his legal defense fund made a plea for money.

Wednesday, Zimmerman's defense fund trust said it had less than $5,000 in its account, with more than $20,000 in outstanding bills.

The trust said without help from the public, Zimmerman's defense team would not be able to properly prepare for trial, set to begin June 10 in Seminole County.

In its online statement Wednesday, the trust said in order to give George Zimmerman the defense he deserves, he needed $120,000, or "at the barest minimum, we need $75,000 to give George a fighting chance."

George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the shoting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford last year. He said he shot the teen in self-defense, claiming Martin attacked him first.
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#28378 Jul 6, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsht, most of Florida, like most of the nation never heard about the shooting before Crump invited Sharpton to Sanford.
But the local legal community along with the media knew that Sanford PD had screwed up again by the first Friday afterward.
Sanford PD treated George as a friend of LE from the get go, taking him at his word on his "squeaky clean" background while at the Sanford believing that the John Doe was a punk who got what he deserved.
They were shttng all over themselves the next morning when they learned the dead guy's age, that he had no criminal record and that he was visiting at a condo near the rear gate.
So did the larger flashlight work as Serino noted? Or not work, as George stated?
Where is Sharpton now that this isn't going the way the media hound thought it would? He is preaching propaganda BS on this TV show that is dropping in the ratings by the day.

Yep, makes sense that the Sanford PD (Serino) was treating him like a friend by making him recant his story several times and trying to get a confession by telling him it was all recorded. Dream on. Serino said he got the flashlight to work, big deal. My son has gotten things to work that I couldn't.

The most important aspects of this case are that
It is not illegal to follow someone
Police operator did not "order" GZ to stop following Trayvon, they simply said "We don't need you to do that" They can't give orders
GZ injuries numerous, TM injuries 1
Witness testimony that TM was sitting on GM punching him
Need I go on......

Tracy Martin and Brandi may have to answer the question from defense regarding why they went to bed instead of being worried why his son wasn't home after a short trip to the store. Why the LEO and other activity just down the street didn't concern him if they got home at 10:30 as he said he did, and why he waited until the next morning to call police. His answers could open up the door to more questions about TMs past if he wasn't concerned because it was normal for TM to not be where he should be, and staying out late. Will be interesting for sure next week.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28379 Jul 6, 2013
Memorial H 10 4 Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on CNN and everywhere. I thought it was funny that Gorge thinks he is white. It reminds me of the K K K Chapelle character Clayton Bigsby.
So what colour is Gorge?

http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/gues...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28380 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Of something? More than likely nothing.
I wonder if he can sue Crumpetts, parents, Sharpton and Jackson for defamation since they were the ring leaders in the racial bandwagon
How's your multitude of civil suits on behalf of Casey Anthony coming along?

Did you know under law, the virtuous reputation of females in Florida is protected?

Title XLVI
CRIMES
Chapter 836
DEFAMATION; LIBEL; THREATENING LETTERS AND SIMILAR OFFENSES

836.04 Defamation.—Whoever speaks of and concerning any woman, married or unmarried, falsely and maliciously imputing to her a want of chastity, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
History.—s. 1, ch. 3460, 1883; RS 2419; GS 3260; RGS 5091; CGL 7193; s. 990, ch. 71-136.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#28381 Jul 6, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>More racist BS spin, eh? Good luck with that.....
What does racism do with the FACT that the burden of the affirmative defense with the accused, bigot?

Putting aside that we have shown you several laws- TAKEN FROM THE LAW EXACTLY- confirm the FACT that the burden of the affirmative defense with the accused?

Bigot?

The burden would be the same for any skin color.

Location hidden

#28382 Jul 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force
Exact quotes of the law haven't worked before, I've tried.

There are some who's ego won't allow any concession that they have an error of any kind.

They rather continue to look stupid.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28383 Jul 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does racism do with the FACT that the burden of the affirmative defense with the accused, bigot?
Putting aside that we have shown you several laws- TAKEN FROM THE LAW EXACTLY- confirm the FACT that the burden of the affirmative defense with the accused?
Bigot?
It's not too late yet to consider a script rewrite....especially so if prosecutor's closing remarks consist of THE DEFENSE HAS FAILED TO PROVE THEIR CASE!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28385 Jul 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exact quotes of the law haven't worked before, I've tried.
There are some who's ego won't allow any concession that they have an error of any kind.
They rather continue to look stupid.
Of course......in a reality show it doesn't really matter if a trial follows the law.

How the outcome will has HUGE ramifications on anything just goes to prove how pathetically far down the rabbit hole are those who believe fiction is equivalent to creating reality.

Location hidden

#28386 Jul 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course......in a reality show it doesn't really matter if a trial follows the law.
And the defense asked the judge- now that the prosecution has rested- to dismiss the case, insisting there wasn't enough evidence to convict.

And the judge declined.

So for all the whining of the pedophile enablers over the last 16 months... the judge has given them their answer: there was enough evidence to put this polished turd on trial.

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#28387 Jul 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigot?
Apparently TM left 7-11 at 6:24 pm. The store was .08 miles from where he was staying. Sounds like he was doing a little loitering in the area around where GZ first spotted him. There is no way it should have taken him that long to get to the area where GZ first spotted him, and a darn good reason for concern.

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#28388 Jul 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the defense asked the judge- now that the prosecution has rested- to dismiss the case, insisting there wasn't enough evidence to convict.
And the judge declined.
So for all the whining of the pedophile enablers over the last 16 months... the judge has given them their answer: there was enough evidence to put this polished turd on trial.
Yes, to some it would appear that way. However this is SOP in criminal cases, and could simply mean that the Judge does not want to take personal responsibility for droppin gthe carges and wants the jury to make the decision. I would imagine that with all of the threats of riots and such the Judge would not want threats made or carried out against her and her family.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28389 Jul 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the judge declined.
Duh, that proves anything? LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28390 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to some it would appear that way. However this is SOP in criminal cases, and could simply mean that the Judge does not want to take personal responsibility for droppin gthe carges and wants the jury to make the decision. I would imagine that with all of the threats of riots and such the Judge would not want threats made or carried out against her and her family.
Well anyway, the donors to the defense fund won't be let down -- they'll be able to see their money at work!

Location hidden

#28391 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently TM left 7-11 at 6:24 pm.
I don't care if he stopped to play checkers in the park.

I know you find it disturbing but black people are allowed to walk to the store if they want to, even in white neighborhoods. They can walk fast and they can walk slow and they can even have long conversations on cell phones: all legal.

The pedophile apologists here have argued that there was no evidence to bring him to trial; the judge has refuted that argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carson wins early GOP straw poll 4 min Le Jimbo 13
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 7,288
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 6 min NoahLovesU 59,889
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) 12 min IBdaMann 30,820
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min RoxLo 1,232,440
News Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Repub... 16 min Tazo 61
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 16 min just wondering 2,093
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min 1983Valerie 328,329
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Jacques Orleans 189,786
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 182,310
More from around the web