Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29879 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#26123 Jun 14, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the original blanket statement.
If someone walks up to a pit bull and is attacked, they should shoot it. They were STUPID to walk up to a strange dog, but were justified in saving their own life.
I responded that many would disagree with that.
Now you want to throw "qualifiers" in there.
How many dog bites?
When you say "all over" him, is that 100% covered in blood?
It was a ridiculous statement.
You wouldn't ask what the man did to "provoke" your beloved? BS
Don't answer with more "clarity", I've had enough of being off-topic.
Fact is, in your mind, nothing less than a spurting, pulsing neck wound would justify him killing your beloved.
You are either FOS on your love of animals or you're just plain downplaying your own feelings about this situation.
Only you know which....and why......
I stand by my statement.

You are definitely the one being ridiculous here.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#26124 Jun 14, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand by my statement.
You are definitely the one being ridiculous here.
It was a stupid analogy that had zero to do with the Zimmerman case.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#26125 Jun 14, 2013
Ctz wrote:
<quoted text> IF you look where Zimmerman re-created the murder scene there is no bushes only a skinny tree.
now now now!

the tree is only skinny compared to the pedophile zimmerman.

Location hidden

#26126 Jun 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does that have to do with anything? O'Mara wanted to take the jury to that shooting scene, but
O'Mara wanted to try to introduce backdoor testimony from the pedophile zimmerman but did not want to actually put the pedophile on the stand because the prosecution would rip him to shreds.

If O'Mara wants to put the zimmerman story on trial, then gee: let the pedophile take the stand.

Location hidden

#26127 Jun 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Why would prosecution not want a jury to see the shooting scene for themselves?
Imagine taking every jury out to the murder scene in every trial...

Dog and pony shows.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#26128 Jun 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And how many years have you spent studying voice analysis?
20 years. You?

Location hidden

#26129 Jun 14, 2013
TreeHugger wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough to know that wanna be cop reject killed the young kid in cold blood.
"Wanna be cop" is one of the phrases the whiner O'Mara wants banned from the court room. He's pathetic with his unprofessional antics which he thinks are so clever.

“always”

Ticklaw

#26130 Jun 14, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wanna be cop" is one of the phrases the whiner O'Mara wants banned from the court room. He's pathetic with his unprofessional antics which he thinks are so clever.
He's making Jose Baez look like a frkn genius. Even his pal NeJame is scratching his head about some of his moves.

Ocala, FL

#26132 Jun 14, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>It was a stupid analogy that had zero to do with the Zimmerman case.
Maybe you're too slow to get the point. It's okay for you to admit when you don't understand something.

Location hidden

#26133 Jun 14, 2013

Location hidden

#26134 Jun 14, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>He's making Jose Baez look like a frkn genius. Even his pal NeJame is scratching his head about some of his moves.
I'm expecting him to "testify" the way Baez did. I hope this judge does a better job than Perry, and nips it in the bud.

“always”

Ticklaw

#26135 Jun 14, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you're too slow to get the point. It's okay for you to admit when you don't understand something.
It was a stupid analogy. Only idiots make analogies like that, read xxx's nonsense keeping in mind that yours is even dimmer.

“always”

Ticklaw

#26136 Jun 14, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm expecting him to "testify" the way Baez did. I hope this judge does a better job than Perry, and nips it in the bud.
Both sides already have enough appeal issues to keep this case in the headlines until the media loses interest.

IMO George should have been arrested and booked immediately forcing him to lawyer up and shut up. In that way there would have been a respectable outcome. Instead we got Sherman Ware part II and a legal clstrfk that will take years to untangle.

The losers already outnumber the winners, count them up for yourself knowing that there will be a couple more at least.

Matter of fact the only winner I see in this whole deal is Robert Jr who might get himself a little broadcasting gig or a spot on a reality show.

He's sporting a Vincent Price goatee these days. LMAO

Ocala, FL

#26137 Jun 14, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>It was a stupid analogy. Only idiots make analogies like that, read xxx's nonsense keeping in mind that yours is even dimmer.
Typical response by someone with a losing argument...call names.

You seem like an Obama voter.

Location hidden

#26138 Jun 14, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
Maybe you're too slow to get the point.
waHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I can dish it out but can't take it being thrown back in my face!

Location hidden

#26139 Jun 14, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahaahahahah!

Kettle... this is the pot...

“always”

Ticklaw

#26140 Jun 14, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem like an Obama voter.
It was a stupid analogy, really stupid and going off topic again won't make it less stupid.

You seem like a child molester!
No you are

Astoria, NY

#26141 Jun 14, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Both sides already have enough appeal issues to keep this case in the headlines until the media loses interest.
IMO George should have been arrested and booked immediately forcing him to lawyer up and shut up. In that way there would have been a respectable outcome. Instead we got Sherman Ware part II and a legal clstrfk that will take years to untangle.
The losers already outnumber the winners, count them up for yourself knowing that there will be a couple more at least.
Matter of fact the only winner I see in this whole deal is Robert Jr who might get himself a little broadcasting gig or a spot on a reality show.
He's sporting a Vincent Price goatee these days. LMAO
The Zimmerman family has a really hard time keeping their mouths shut.

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2013/06/14/216...

“always”

Ticklaw

#26142 Jun 14, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
The Zimmerman family has a really hard time keeping their mouths shut.
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2013/06/14/216...
Pretty sure I've been saying that right along. And Robert Sr is the schmaltz who told Kenny Lester that he was a brokeazz disabled veteran. For the record, Senior was indeed a veteran of the Vietnam war and perhaps a disabled one, on some counts, but never the less retired from the Army after a cushy gig at the Pentagon and then went on to serve as an appointed magistrate in Prince William County VA.

A Central Florida news reporter traveled to George's hometown and provided the back story, the pictures can be found online.

Definitely not broke.

George was turned away from Law Enforcement job in Prince William County, can anyone here fill in those details?

Location hidden

#26143 Jun 14, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
George was turned away from Law Enforcement job in Prince William County, can anyone here fill in those details?
Outside of this?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/tra...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton: Confederate Flag 'Shouldn't Fl... 2 min Lemont 58
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min red and right 192,495
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,252,369
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Jay 186,653
News George Pataki calls on Trump to stop 'divisive ... 4 min Anonymous 3
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min NTR1 333,288
News Did sanctuary law lead to slaying? 6 min tod see the light 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 16 min xxxrayted 150
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 51 min Responsibility 133
More from around the web