Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

No you are

Astoria, NY

#23491 Mar 1, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then 'Zim' shouldn't be allowed to carry a weapon.
I can't believe he was allowed to with his criminal past.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#23492 Mar 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>"Zim" has focusing problems that require prescription drugs. His shrink, who also diagnoses head and back injuries provided the brand names of his medications but not the dosages. If memory serves, George was taking adderall.
Yes Adderall. A very addictive med. With his addiction background he was probably abusing it.
BPT

United States

#23493 Mar 1, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe he was allowed to with his criminal past.
It`s so much better here than in the Bridgeport forum. A couple of those people are so self-centered and crazy.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#23494 Mar 1, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>It`s so much better here than in the Bridgeport forum. A couple of those people are so self-centered and crazy.
Nah lots of loons on this one as well.
BPT

United States

#23495 Mar 1, 2013
True, the ones here are super-crazy about their politics (especially right wing nuts) instead of in-fighting.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#23497 Mar 1, 2013
BPT wrote:
True, the ones here are super-crazy about their politics (especially right wing nuts) instead of in-fighting.
For the most part, but there is in fighting too. But since it's not local, people don't know each other and they are not releasing their personal info, as done by some locally. At least as far as I know. In fact one of the reason I went to US is I couldn't stand what TGP and gang turned it into. It's better now tho.
BPT

United States

#23499 Mar 1, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part, but there is in fighting too. But since it's not local, people don't know each other and they are not releasing their personal info, as done by some locally. At least as far as I know. In fact one of the reason I went to US is I couldn't stand what TGP and gang turned it into. It's better now tho.
I`m just as guilty for teasing them with my fake racism, but they drove me crazy over the years. TGP and Lynne would threaten me like crazy. Even yesterday Lynne had accused me of doing all these things. I haven`t responded to anything she`s said in well over a year. She`s super adamant about baiting people into an argument, as well as bringing up TGP sob stories. I don`t believe most of the stuff she says that happened to TGP... if anything did happen it was probably done by people in her personal life and not goofballs from Topix. Anyways, have a good weekend.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#23502 Mar 1, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>I`m just as guilty for teasing them with my fake racism, but they drove me crazy over the years. TGP and Lynne would threaten me like crazy. Even yesterday Lynne had accused me of doing all these things. I haven`t responded to anything she`s said in well over a year. She`s super adamant about baiting people into an argument, as well as bringing up TGP sob stories. I don`t believe most of the stuff she says that happened to TGP... if anything did happen it was probably done by people in her personal life and not goofballs from Topix. Anyways, have a good weekend.
Yeah-she's been showing a mean streak, I guess she is not always a very nice good witch.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#23503 Mar 1, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
adderall 20 mg tablet 60 1 1ablet PO BID
O'Mara could use George's ADHD as a part of his defense, that's why his stories are somewhat inconsistant and him being confused about what street it was that Trayvon cut through. Just a possibility.
Yeah right..terrific idea that is.

If you know what George's dosage was, trust me pal, you shouldn't be posing here or anywhere else.

BTW if you work your way through George's call to the NEN there was not really any reason for the detailed explanation about the street name and getting an address. Same with the following days reenactment video, there are way too many details and you know what they say about too many details right?

Maybe you should revisit the reenactment video Sally, it's online.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#23505 Mar 1, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
No on second thought OMara doesn't need it, he has plenty. And you know what thy say ,if he said the same thing every time...scripted. I don't need your advice about visiting anything online I already have everything. If you paid attention all of George's meds have been online and discused many times . If you don't know then maybe you shouldn't be posting about it, pal.
You're lying Sally, again, don't do that, it will get you in trouble.

Btw, for those who would actually like to see and hear George's walk through, simply google george zimmerman reenactment and click on the full 12 minute plus version. It's an eye and ear opener.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#23507 Mar 1, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fool
And you're a very foolish liar.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23510 Mar 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>You're lying Sally, again, don't do that, it will get you in trouble.
Btw, for those who would actually like to see and hear George's walk through, simply google george zimmerman reenactment and click on the full 12 minute plus version. It's an eye and ear opener.
I did exactly that. The only thing I saw was a contradiction between where he said he was at to the 911 dispatcher and where he actually was. Not that unusual given the circumstance.

I know I have been a witness to several auto accidents in my time. I tried like hell to remember everything, but wouldn't you know it, days later, I remembered important information about the accidents that I didn't tell police because everything happened so fast.

This is one of the reasons investigators interview subjects and ask the same questions over and over again. They are looking for a discrepancies in their answers to determine the accuracy of the witness.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#23515 Mar 2, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
Man in coma after beating outside New Smyrna Beach bar
http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/201...
A New Smyrna Beach man remained unconscious and in critical condition Monday in Halifax Health Medical Center's intensive care unit with a head wound suffered during an attack over the weekend outside a New Smyrna Beach bar, police said.
However, that attack outside the Flagler Avenue nightclub was more of a bushwhack, according to eyewitness Jinger Ownby, 28, of New Smyrna Beach.
“It broke out right in front of us,” Ownby said Monday afternoon.
Ownby said she was leaving the Flagler Tavern, 414 Flagler Ave., around 2 a.m. Sunday when she saw Frank “Beau” Svancar IV, 28, get “jumped by seven or eight black people.
New information in this case shows that the injured man started the fight. I guess witness Ownby didn't actually see the entire incident play out.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#23517 Mar 2, 2013
Wow, apparently 3 posts have been removed including my post #23514. Can't imagine why, it was in response to sally regarding GZ's dosages.

I don't recall the dosages being reported and frankly was stunned that GZ's doctor reported the medications as it's seldom done even with the patients permission.

Never the less 40mgs per day is the maximum dosage for ADHD in adults, 20 mg in the morning and 20 more later in the day. That's a high dosage for a very addictive and often abused mood medication, George's case must be severe.

I suppose that the various side effects associated with long term use can be found online.

I wonder if George's doctor knew that he carried everywhere he went except work?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23518 Mar 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="xxxrayted"
I know I have been a witness to several auto accidents in my time. I tried like hell to remember everything, but wouldn't you know it [/QUOTE]

If you knew how to tell the truth, Pinocchio, you would not need a good memory.

And we have already proved to be a big m/f c/s liar.

So no one who knows you would ever use you as a witness for anything.

The pedophiles's big fat lying wife is up next, Pinocchio, it will set the stage for his trial.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23519 Mar 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew how to tell the truth, Pinocchio, you would not need a good memory.
And we have already proved to be a big m/f c/s liar.
So no one who knows you would ever use you as a witness for anything.
The pedophiles's big fat lying wife is up next, Pinocchio, it will set the stage for his trial.
Me? A liar?

Still waiting for you to tell us where in the 911 call Zimmerman was told by dispatch to stay by his truck. Liar.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#23520 Mar 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Me? A liar?
Still waiting for you to tell us where in the 911 call Zimmerman was told by dispatch to stay by his truck. Liar.
Can you get a concealed carry permit in Ohio if you are being prescribed top level dosages of mood enhancement drugs?

All CCW permits are not the same! Pennsylvania is retracting it's reciprocal agreement with Florida after learning that many persons who were turned away in PA simply got a Florida carry permit.

Since: May 11

AOL

#23521 Mar 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Me? A liar?
Still waiting for you to tell us where in the 911 call Zimmerman was told by dispatch to stay by his truck. Liar.
911 op;"are you following him?
GZ; "yes"
911 op; " we don't need you to do that"
GZ; "OK"

I don't know how much more you need to understand he was told to stop following the kid, but clearly GZ understood and defied the 911 op, anyway. He didn't need the op to say "Get back in your truck, fat ass", he understood WE DON'T NEED YOU to follow this kid because you just called police and police are on their way.

GZ was looking for someone to shoot and he followed his prey. So simple, why don't you get it?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23522 Mar 2, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
911 op;"are you following him?
GZ; "yes"
911 op; " we don't need you to do that"
GZ; "OK"
I don't know how much more you need to understand he was told to stop following the kid, but clearly GZ understood and defied the 911 op, anyway. He didn't need the op to say "Get back in your truck, fat ass", he understood WE DON'T NEED YOU to follow this kid because you just called police and police are on their way.
GZ was looking for someone to shoot and he followed his prey. So simple, why don't you get it?
No, what BareIdiot claimed is that 911 told him to stay by his truck and not move. That never happened. In spite of proving it over and over again, he insists on promoting the lie.

Why don't I get it? Because if I planned on shooting somebody, the last thing I would do is call the cops. Secondly, Zim did stop following Martin when it was "suggested" that he do so. This is evident by the halt of the brushing on the phone and Zimmerman regaining a normal breathing pattern and continuing his conversation with dispatch.

Looking at the map, it's clear Martin had way more than enough time to return to his fathers GF house. But he didn't. He waited right there behind the houses until Zim got off the phone with 911 which was about a minute after the chase stopped.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23523 Mar 2, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Can you get a concealed carry permit in Ohio if you are being prescribed top level dosages of mood enhancement drugs?
All CCW permits are not the same! Pennsylvania is retracting it's reciprocal agreement with Florida after learning that many persons who were turned away in PA simply got a Florida carry permit.
Word for word out of the Ohio CCW manual--page 9.

Mental Competency

The law states that you must not have been adjudicated as a mental defective, been committed to any mental institution, be under current adjudication of incompetence, have been found by a court to be mentally ill subject to hospitalization by court order, and not be an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation.

So I would guess that GZ would be applicable for an Ohio CCW permit.

I have to question your assertion that "many" people got a Florida carry permit and used it in PA. To get a permit, one must travel to Florida for pictures, background checks and residency just like they do here in Ohio. I seriously doubt that "many" flew down to Fla to do all this in order to be permitted to carry in PA.

Now I could be wrong here, but I would have to see your proof before coming to that conclusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate Democrats block energy bill in impasse o... 4 min davy 79
News Cruz's 2016 strategy focuses on turning out whi... 4 min Cordwainer Trout 24
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Cheech the Conser... 186,826
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Cornelius Scudmister 213,622
News Nikki Haley Supports Spartanburg "Resettlement"... (Apr '15) 7 min Vote For Trump 40
News Bernie Sanders and Larry David Team Up on Satur... 10 min Cordwainer Trout 8
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 min Shizle 18,800
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Cheech the Conser... 1,346,104
More from around the web