Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#22818 Jan 24, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I think most seasoned detectives might admit that the immediate witness accounts...right after the incident, are the most accurate.
I say that is cr@p.

And I'll point to twenty years of TV "true crime dramas" (20/20, 48 Hours, etc) where the witnesses are brought in for an interview and they tell a story... and then the detectives pull out evidence (security camera, data stamps, cell phone records) and the witness statements change.

This "John" DID NOT and could not have seen what he told the detectives initially.

*IMPOSSIBLE*

It very well may be he did not "lie" about what he saw- he allowed himself some "importance" in what happened and ... "embellished" what he claimed to have seen.

HE WAS INSIDE THE BUILDING ON THE PHONE AND HEARD THE GUNSHOT.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22819 Jan 25, 2013
Sorry, i forgot TV dramas...what was i thinking....lol....

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#22820 Jan 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Alot of people on here, would like to hide or destroy any of the evidence, that prove's George's innocense.....
That video proves dik and by the way John was not embellishing in this video.

During the bond hearing O'Mara started talking about Johns comments about "raining down MMA style" and Del La Rionda called him out on it and also dared O'Mara to seek a SYG hearing in which George would have to testify and stand cross.

Del La Rionda interviewed John and under oath he said about the same thing he did in this video. He left out the bullsht MMA stuff.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#22821 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Or three, he felt ashamed of running away from Zim while he was on the phone with his girlfriend, and decided he would retaliate for Zim making a pssy out of him.
If you look at the maps of the assumed tracks both guys took, it's impossible for Martin to be where he was at during the attack unless he waited right there.
That is a fact that you made up. If Zimmerman continued to run then he could have easily caught up on a walking Trayvon, distracted by his conversation on the phone.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22822 Jan 25, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> That is a fact that you made up. If Zimmerman continued to run then he could have easily caught up on a walking Trayvon, distracted by his conversation on the phone.
True, and if so, it would be evident on the 911 tape.

We heard what GZ sounded like when he actually was running. In fact, those sounds over the phone is what prompted the 911 operator to ask if he was following Martin. When the dispatcher suggested "We don't need you to do that" Zimmerman's breathing and quiet tone came back in less than ten seconds.

My point is after that change in his voice and breathing pattern, there is no possible way Zim could have continued his conversation with 911 for that long and be running at the same time. No abnormal breathing, no brushing of the phone, no background noise whatsoever. Almost a minute between the time his breathing returned to normal and he hung up with 911.

If Zimmerman lost Martin in a matter of a few seconds while he was running full speed, there is no way for him to catch up with Martin moving at a much slower speed.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22823 Jan 25, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>That video proves dik and by the way John was not embellishing in this video.
During the bond hearing O'Mara started talking about Johns comments about "raining down MMA style" and Del La Rionda called him out on it and also dared O'Mara to seek a SYG hearing in which George would have to testify and stand cross.
Del La Rionda interviewed John and under oath he said about the same thing he did in this video. He left out the bullsht MMA stuff.
Fair enough, but my point in his interview is he described Zimmerman (the guy on the bottom) who was screaming for help. Given the evidence of the autopsy and investigation, it's clear Martin was the guy on top--not bottom. The grass stains were on Zim's clothing, not Martins.

Now if people want to stick to the unreasonable conclusion that it was Martin screaming for help, does it make sense that a guy (while beating the hell out of another guy) was screaming for help? What kind of help could Martin be screaming for? Somebody else to hold Zim down while he took a break for a few minutes?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22824 Jan 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I think most seasoned detectives might admit that the immediate witness accounts...right after the incident, are the most accurate....they haven't had time yet, to work out any angles or exxageration....
If everything is on the up and up. I mean, I would like to reflect on the Duke LaCrosse case. That case shows you how bias authorities can be when it comes to crimes involving cases between people of two different races.

The judge and jury seems to be the pubic unfortunately. It's a show just for them. And like any large audience, the actors want to please the onlookers.

I'm sure one of the paramount things on their minds is a race riot similar to what happened after the Rodney King verdict. If there was such an outburst, it won't be like in California where many people are unarmed. Florida has a lot of armed citizens. The results would be much different and possibly more bloody, except the street will not flow with blood of the innocent.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22825 Jan 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more interested in court records and the FACT that the pedophile has a record, that he assaulted his girl friend, that he got fired for having a bad temper, and that he was smart enough to complete community college.
I do understand that he, having tried, is two steps in front of you.
You understand nothing because you are a buffoon. The prosecution can't bring up any of GW's past that doesn't realte to this cases--even the lies such as he assaulted his girlfriend.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#22826 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
True, and if so, it would be evident on the 911 tape.
We heard what GZ sounded like when he actually was running. In fact, those sounds over the phone is what prompted the 911 operator to ask if he was following Martin. When the dispatcher suggested "We don't need you to do that" Zimmerman's breathing and quiet tone came back in less than ten seconds.
My point is after that change in his voice and breathing pattern, there is no possible way Zim could have continued his conversation with 911 for that long and be running at the same time. No abnormal breathing, no brushing of the phone, no background noise whatsoever. Almost a minute between the time his breathing returned to normal and he hung up with 911.
If Zimmerman lost Martin in a matter of a few seconds while he was running full speed, there is no way for him to catch up with Martin moving at a much slower speed.
Zimmerman was not on the phone for long. Once he got off the phone he went looking for Trayvon.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22827 Jan 25, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> Zimmerman was not on the phone for long. Once he got off the phone he went looking for Trayvon.
Really? Well if GZ is walking, and Martin is running, how is it they ended up at the same place at the same time? One would assume that a person (especially a much younger person) would be well ahead of a person who was walking the same distance in the same direction.

Let's go through this again and using the map of the projected paths of both parties: Zim lost sight of Martin at the Northwest corner of the row houses. It's assumed this is the point where on the 911 tape, Zim told dispatch he lost sight of Martin. Now, using the near minute timeframe from that point to when Zim hung up with 911, how did Martin (presumably running) be north of the shooting where the confrontation took place unless he stayed there until Zim got off the phone?

Zimmerman's account is that he walked to the next street to get an address, and attacked while walking back due west. Martin approached him from the north whereas if he was running, jogging or even walking, he would be well south of the confrontation.

It just doesn't make sense.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#22828 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Well if GZ is walking, and Martin is running, how is it they ended up at the same place at the same time? One would assume that a person (especially a much younger person) would be well ahead of a person who was walking the same distance in the same direction.
L
Other way around, Zim running, Tray walking. Or maybe Tray stopped.
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22829 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

Zimmerman's account is that he walked to the next street to get an address, and attacked while walking back due west.

It just doesn't make sense.
Yet, he never did get an address.'Splain that.
He was approached by a concerned visitor to the neighborhood.
When asked, he was still aloof and evasive about his "surveillance" of TM. "No, I don't have a problem". Huh?

Innocent concern for his "hood" doesn't make sense.

GZ never considered that TM lived there....or....did he know exactly who TM was?
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22830 Jan 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I think most seasoned detectives might admit that the immediate witness accounts...right after the incident, are the most accurate....they haven't had time yet, to work out any angles or exxageration....
Didn't "John" say they were "wrestling" in his 911 call? Little different visual than his MMA account. He definitely backed off his written statement. John was/is paving a road to somewhere......

I do LOVE to see how statements evolve over time.
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22831 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If everything is on the up and up. I mean, I would like to reflect on the Duke LaCrosse case. That case shows you how bias authorities can be when it comes to crimes involving cases between people of two different races.
Yes,it is obvious that SPD loved(s) GZ.....
Had no regard for TM or Sherman Ware.....
See a pattern?
Oh, the irony that is GZ's life.....
It is, indeed, God's plan.....
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22832 Jan 26, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>

That's been hashed and rehashed by the thug supporters ,so tell me is that how he got the injuries to the back of his head too. You've been on the Frederick Leatherhead blog too much. He's about as nuts as you are.
George is something else isn't he ,from the time the shot was fired and the cops showed up he had a few measley seconds to come up with this whole scenario.....good one, only problem PROVE IT! I'm afrai your timing is waaaaaaaay off. lol
I'm sure Freddie appreciates the "shout out". LOL
Not sure what he is trying to do over there, but he isn't teaching those people anything.

Please, GZ had days upon days to come up with his ever-evolving scenario. He also had the benefit of his "homies" and there skill-sets.

Yes,timing is everything!!!!!
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22834 Jan 26, 2013
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct. Zimmerman is going to walk no watter how much Fla blacks whine. 8,000 murders a year committed by blacks , yet they bitch about poor Traygon. Have you noticed that every black kid shot is such a good boy? Even if they are selling dope on the corner Somehow they are always so angelic whem the get killed
See, that is where you are wrong. That is why there are no outcries when druggies/thugs/low-lifes get killed. Folks know when you play with fire, you get burned. Just a matter of when. The how is irrelevant. The who is irrelevant, unless you are seeking revenge. Really.
And the beat goes on.....

Location hidden

#22836 Jan 26, 2013
What Say You wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't "John" say they were "wrestling" in his 911 call? Little different visual than his MMA account. He definitely backed off his written statement. John was/is paving a road to somewhere......
I do LOVE to see how statements evolve over time.
Actually, he stated...the one in red(George) was on the bottam and crying out for help, while the other (Trayvon) was reigning down blows, MMA style.....yet to see any hard evidence, that contradicts this.....the lesbian seem's to have her own agenda, whatever that's about.....
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22837 Jan 26, 2013
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Point taken. Where is the public outrage for the thoudands kiiley by thier own? Blacks are losing a whoe generation to drugs and related violence Do you see the hypocracy in elevating the killing of one thug to front page news At best Traygone shold have been a 2 sentence article on pg 17 of sec d
I do see the hypocrisy of elevating GZ to hero status and undercutting TM's existence to irrelevant.
Yes, yes I do.

This was not at all the all-too-common "street" violence.
Try as you might, the known facts don't support it.
Well, except that GZ didn't like being "dissed" by anyone.

Location hidden

#22838 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The judge and jury seems to be the pubic unfortunately. It's a show just for them. And like any large audience, the actors want to please the onlookers.
I'm sure one of the paramount things on their minds is a race riot similar to what happened after the Rodney King verdict. If there was such an outburst, it won't be like in California where many people are unarmed. Florida has a lot of armed citizens. The results would be much different and possibly more bloody, except the street will not flow with blood of the innocent.
We might also mention the Tawana Brawley case in NY, where Sharpton made an ass outta himself, and has never apologized. But, we should stay on George's case.......Florida is an unusual enigma, the south is like the north and the north is like the south of America's society....I like it, but i was brought from Michigan at 6 weeks, and did'nt have much choice...lol...
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#22839 Jan 26, 2013
What Say You wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,it is obvious that SPD loved(s) GZ.....
Had no regard for TM or Sherman Ware.....
See a pattern?
Oh, the irony that is GZ's life.....
It is, indeed, God's plan.....
You have NO clue what the SPD loved or didn't love....merely gossip and hearsay is all you're going by.

That wasn't the same Chief of Police during the Ware Case.

The only pattern I see are the blacks wanting more patrol cars cruising in their neighborhoods but yet when they actually see cause and pull someone over daddy cries racial profiling. That's the irony.

Some of the cops that are still there on the force do not like George and it dates back to the Ware case...

George also did a ride along with an officer ....sent a letter complaing about their laziness and his disappointment.

I see more reasons why they wouldn't like George than why they would.

I wish half of you would research the SYG Law with an open mind. The investigation was never closed.

Who leaked that SPD Video to Crump? Why did Matt Guttman say it was Serino then turned around and denied it? Serino didn't get representation for nothing...will he get thrown under the bus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 1 min Wondering 796
News Booker slams DHS secretary's 'amnesia' on Trump... 3 min Fake Outrage 11
News The Daily 202: Unexpected defeat in rural Wisco... 3 min SirPrize 7
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Sasyjm 326,123
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min Tre H 17,262
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 4 min Into The Night 2,573
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 4 min Cassandra_ 8,996
News Oprah speech has Democrats buzzing about possib... 4 min NOOPHRA 510
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Fitius T Bluster 1,681,571
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Chilli J 51,853
News Bipartisan deal would create 12-year citizenshi... 1 hr Guest 113
More from around the web