'Hit the Right Nerve' Pelosi confront...

'Hit the Right Nerve' Pelosi confronts Gop rep in rare move on floor

There are 788 comments on the Fox News story from Aug 2, 2014, titled 'Hit the Right Nerve' Pelosi confronts Gop rep in rare move on floor. In it, Fox News reports that:

A heated debate late Friday over security at the southern U.S. border led to a rancorous confrontation on the House floor between House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

Tennessee

Mountain City, TN

#117 Aug 5, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
Single payer is a horrible idea. The government takes over healthcare and controls who gets care and what kind,which means rationed medicine that's lower quality with less choices. Here is an example. According to Forbes,in Canada - despite the massive taxes canadians remit to finance universal care,they must still pay out of pocket for some services. Nearly a quarter of chronically ill respondents said they had skipped their medications or neglected to fill a prescription because it was too expensive. Further,many canadians travel to the US and pay out of pocket for treatments and procedures,as they feel the wait in Canada is too long and harmful to their health. We need more market forces in our medical sector- not more government controls.
You always believe what you hear, don't you? None of what you said is true. I have relatives in Canada. One relative was in Florida, and went home to Canada for treatment before he passed last year. He wanted to stay in Florida, but because of his health he couldn't. In Finland where my brother lives the health care is excellent, and the same in France where my cousin and her husband live. You have no idea what you are talking about. In the USA the number one reason for bankruptcy is medical bills. That is not true in any other industrialized nation on earth! Look at the health outcomes and see where the USA ranks. Not good. Our system is terrible for all concerned, with the exception of the insurance companies.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#118 Aug 5, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-inflicted injury by unintended irony is always fun, and you'd be amazed by how often it happens here when people are trying to be insulting. That being said, thanks for "your the loser." I will wonder, of course, if you'll even understand why it's humorous.
The fact is that single payer is great whether you're a winner or a loser. "Single payer" means that it would be a government-operated program that would cut out the expensive middlemen, the insurance companies that charge a handsome fee for being in the middle of healthcare to limit benefits and extract massive profits. By cutting out the needless middlemen, we, the consumers, pay into a non-proftt's (government) fund, which manages the fund and can pay better benefits to more people at a lower cost. Guess who doesn't like this idea. OK, surprise, it's the insurance companies that benefit at everyone's expense ... not so great if you're the loser paying the insurance "premium."
Okay, what's the catch?

Conspiratorially,
Tommy Teabag
sandy1

Southold, NY

#119 Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee wrote:
<quoted text> You always believe what you hear, don't you? None of what you said is true. I have relatives in Canada. One relative was in Florida, and went home to Canada for treatment before he passed last year. He wanted to stay in Florida, but because of his health he couldn't. In Finland where my brother lives the health care is excellent, and the same in France where my cousin and her husband live. You have no idea what you are talking about. In the USA the number one reason for bankruptcy is medical bills. That is not true in any other industrialized nation on earth! Look at the health outcomes and see where the USA ranks. Not good. Our system is terrible for all concerned, with the exception of the insurance companies.
Excuse me,but I am more inclined to believe the information provided by Forbes over a left-wing loon. Let's take a look at the UK,shall we? According to Forbes,the British healthcare system may "guarantee" access to care-but that doesn't mean patients actually receive it. Take the case of David Evans,a 69 year old farmer living in Cornwall,in Southwest England. About a year ago,he developed a hernia and needed an operation. Despite the government requirements that he receive treatment within 18 weeks of diagnosis,he still hasn't been treated. The NHS in the UK is broken,the governments main priority is keeping costs low-not providing quality care. With single payer,patients can't choose how they receive their care,it's
a one-size-fits- all medicine, which doesn't work!!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#120 Aug 5, 2014
Following Pelosi's latest rant on the House floor confronting a GOP Representative over his comments on Democrats failures when they controlled Congress has caused some to begin to question her state of mind. Recalling some of her most recent on camera news interviews and statements made that were clearly either lies or lapses from reality there are whispers that the former Speaker may be losing her grip on reality. Senility/alzhiemers suggestions are making their rounds in the inner circles of power brokers inside the Beltway.
Tennessee

Mountain City, TN

#121 Aug 5, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me,but I am more inclined to believe the information provided by Forbes over a left-wing loon. Let's take a look at the UK,shall we? According to Forbes,the British healthcare system may "guarantee" access to care-but that doesn't mean patients actually receive it. Take the case of David Evans,a 69 year old farmer living in Cornwall,in Southwest England. About a year ago,he developed a hernia and needed an operation. Despite the government requirements that he receive treatment within 18 weeks of diagnosis,he still hasn't been treated. The NHS in the UK is broken,the governments main priority is keeping costs low-not providing quality care. With single payer,patients can't choose how they receive their care,it's
a one-size-fits- all medicine, which doesn't work!!
I personally know from family! You are spoon fed right wing propaganda. You need to be more independent in your thinking and not believe everything some right winger tells you. Look at the health statistics and see where the US ranks. Let me know a source where the US ranks high in health outcomes. I am not as closed minded as you are. give me some statistics from a source that is not right wing propaganda.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#122 Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee wrote:
<quoted text> I personally know from family! You are spoon fed right wing propaganda. You need to be more independent in your thinking and not believe everything some right winger tells you. Look at the health statistics and see where the US ranks. Let me know a source where the US ranks high in health outcomes. I am not as closed minded as you are. give me some statistics from a source that is not right wing propaganda.
Rule #5 from the Saul alinsky handbook? Again? That must be your favorite one since you obviously don't like facts. I presented facts from a reliable source and if you don't like that's just too damn bad!!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#124 Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee wrote:
<quoted text> You always believe what you hear, don't you? None of what you said is true. I have relatives in Canada. One relative was in Florida, and went home to Canada for treatment before he passed last year. He wanted to stay in Florida, but because of his health he couldn't.
That's unusual, usually it's the other way around.

Our hospitals up north are filled with Canadian patients that can't get treatment there. Canada spends over a billion dollars a year to have their citizens treated in the US. The question is, if we go to a Canadian system or worse, where will Canadians run to?

Report: Thousands fled Canada for health care in 2011

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/11/report-thou...

Long Canadian wait times send patients south for surgery | Video

Florida surgeon sees 800% increase in Canadian patients

BY SUZANNE WILTON, CALGARY HERALD APRIL 5, 2014

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Lon...

Why Canadian premier seeks health care in U.S.
Sally C. Pipes
Published 4:00 am, Thursday, February 25, 2010

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/Why-Can...

We also attract the best doctors from around the world. I'm a patient at the world famous Cleveland Clinic, and when I go for my doctors appointments, I feel like the foreigner there. It looks more like a meeting at the UN than it does a clinic.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#125 Aug 5, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-inflicted injury by unintended irony is always fun, and you'd be amazed by how often it happens here when people are trying to be insulting. That being said, thanks for "your the loser." I will wonder, of course, if you'll even understand why it's humorous.
The fact is that single payer is great whether you're a winner or a loser. "Single payer" means that it would be a government-operated program that would cut out the expensive middlemen, the insurance companies that charge a handsome fee for being in the middle of healthcare to limit benefits and extract massive profits. By cutting out the needless middlemen, we, the consumers, pay into a non-proftt's (government) fund, which manages the fund and can pay better benefits to more people at a lower cost. Guess who doesn't like this idea. OK, surprise, it's the insurance companies that benefit at everyone's expense ... not so great if you're the loser paying the insurance "premium."
The largest problem with our healthcare system is government. Government is a big reason why healthcare is so expensive today. So the solution is more government?

Only a crazy man expects the entity that created a problem to find a solution to it.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#126 Aug 5, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
Single payer is a horrible idea. The government takes over healthcare and controls who gets care and what kind,which means rationed medicine that's lower quality with less choices. Here is an example. According to Forbes,in Canada - despite the massive taxes canadians remit to finance universal care,they must still pay out of pocket for some services. Nearly a quarter of chronically ill respondents said they had skipped their medications or neglected to fill a prescription because it was too expensive. Further,many canadians travel to the US and pay out of pocket for treatments and procedures,as they feel the wait in Canada is too long and harmful to their health. We need more market forces in our medical sector- not more government controls.
Correct.

Once government is able to control our healthcare, they will be able to control each and every one of us. Why? Because nearly everything we do is related to healthcare in some way.

How much we sleep is related to our health. What we eat is related to our health. What we drink is related to our health. What or if we smoke is related to our health. How much television we watch is related to our health. How much we weight is related to our health. What kind of physical activities we participate in is related to our health. Everything is related to our health.

Commie Care is just a stepping stone, but like with any other liberal agenda, there is an ultimate goal, and that goal is to have as much control over US citizens as government can.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#127 Aug 5, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotional box? Really?
Your reaction to the mere suggestion of a single payer health care system is purely emotional, an obsessive string or phobias about the government trying to control you in a variety of ways, but you present no evidence to support any realistic basis for your fears. Yet your inner life is abuzz in a wealth of frightening activity. You seem to be scaring yourself, literally. But you can stop it: http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/worry-fear-im...
Want to see our future if we keep heading down this road, just look here:

Japan, Seeking Trim Waists, Measures Millions
By NORIMITSU ONISHI
Published: June 13, 2008

AMAGASAKI, Japan — Japan, a country not known for its overweight people, has undertaken one of the most ambitious campaigns ever by a nation to slim down its citizenry.

Summoned by the city of Amagasaki one recent morning, Minoru Nogiri, 45, a flower shop owner, found himself lining up to have his waistline measured. With no visible paunch, he seemed to run little risk of being classified as overweight, or metabo, the preferred word in Japan these days.

But because the new state-prescribed limit for male waistlines is a strict 33.5 inches, he had anxiously measured himself at home a couple of days earlier.“I’m on the border,” he said.

Under a national law that came into effect two months ago, companies and local governments must now measure the waistlines of Japanese people between the ages of 40 and 74 as part of their annual checkups. That represents more than 56 million waistlines, or about 44 percent of the entire population.

Those exceeding government limits — 33.5 inches for men and 35.4 inches for women, which are identical to thresholds established in 2005 for Japan by the International Diabetes Federation as an easy guideline for identifying health risks — and having a weight-related ailment will be given dieting guidance if after three months they do not lose weight. If necessary, those people will be steered toward further re-education after six more months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#128 Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee wrote:
<quoted text> It sure has helped a lot of people. Too bad we didn't get single payer though. That would have helped everyone.
It hurt more people than it helped. Recent survey shows that almost 75% of the people that enrolled in Commie Care had coverage before. That means at most, out of our estimated 40 million uninsured people, only about 2 million people got coverage that didn't have it before.

So for those 2 million people, we turned the entire country of 315 million people upside down. This is why you never want liberals in power, because this is how they solve problems; solving one problem and creating 10 more in it's place.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#129 Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee wrote:
<quoted text> It is obvious that you do not understand the ACA, nor the GM bailout. Is the Federal Government running insurance companies? I think not. Don't forget the $17.5B President George W. Bush gave GM! GM paid their loans back as well. You are not too bright are you?
Is the government running insurance companies? You tell me. Forcing insurance companies to provide birth control benefits is not running insurance companies? Telling them that they have to use 85% of their profits strictly to pay medical claims is not running the insurance companies?

Sounds like they are running the insurance companies to me. Who knows what's next. Maybe they will force insurance companies to close down some of their offices like they did with car dealerships after the bailout.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#130 Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee wrote:
Republicans do nothing except pass bills they know will never make it to the President. That is a waste of time for the nation. They are alienating the Hispanic vote now (more than they already had), and allow a vocal minority to control their agenda.
You have no idea WTF you're talking about. DumBama's approval ratings are lower even among Hispanics:

Obama Approval Down Most Among Hispanics in Past Year
Hispanics' approval has fallen from 75% in December 2012 to 52% in November
by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- President Barack Obama's job approval rating averaged 41% in November, down 12 percentage points from 53% last December, his high-water mark since his first year in office. Hispanics' approval has dropped 23 points over the last 12 months, the most among major subgroups, and nearly twice the national average. His approval rating also showed above-average declines among low-income Americans, nonwhites, moderates, and moderates who identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/166139/obama-appro...
sandy1

Southold, NY

#132 Aug 5, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Once government is able to control our healthcare, they will be able to control each and every one of us. Why? Because nearly everything we do is related to healthcare in some way.
How much we sleep is related to our health. What we eat is related to our health. What we drink is related to our health. What or if we smoke is related to our health. How much television we watch is related to our health. How much we weight is related to our health. What kind of physical activities we participate in is related to our health. Everything is related to our health.
Commie Care is just a stepping stone, but like with any other liberal agenda, there is an ultimate goal, and that goal is to have as much control over US citizens as government can.
That ultimate goal is NWO courtesy of soros and the psychotic bilderbergs. These people are sick!
Gojira

United States

#133 Aug 5, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
but you present no evidence to support any realistic basis for your fears.
AYFKM?

There's no evidence to support this administration wanting to control what we eat and drink or how much we eat and drink???

FACT is there's so much evidence I didn't think I had to provide it.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#134 Aug 5, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, what's the catch?
Conspiratorially,
Tommy Teabag
Well, Tommy, you must have heard rumors that President Odevil has worked a deal, on the down low of course, with evil fallen IRS lady Lois Lerner to divert all tea partiers' healthcare plan fund monies through her for storage in an underground vault that's located deeply below the US embassy in Benghasi and diabolically misappropriated to accrue with interest for eventual use as his and Michelle's own offshore personal tax-free retirement jackpot.

Yours in Jesus and second amendment rights,
le jambon
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#135 Aug 5, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That ultimate goal is NWO courtesy of soros and the psychotic bilderbergs. These people are sick!
Look at what Nanny Bloomberg tried to pull in your state. Good thing the people got rid of him.

From Trans Fats to salt, from salt to drink cup sizes, from drink cup sizes to candy bar sizes, from candy bar sizes to school lunch menus, liberal government is hell bent on treating their citizenry like pets instead of people. The sad part is some Americans want to be treated like pets. It's your standard Surrender First Americans leading the charge.

Since: Apr 09

small town

#136 Aug 5, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
Some of Pelosi's greatest hits:
Pelosi: Unemployment checks “create jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name.”
Pelosi: The Catholic Church is undecided on when life begins.
Pelosi on Obamacare:“I’m hopeful we will have a bill as a Christmas present to the American people.”
Pelosi:“We have to pass the bill to find out what is in it.”
Pelosi:Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance.
Pelosi:Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.
Pelosi:The American people voted to restore integrity and honesty in Washington, D.C., and the Democrats intend to lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history.
Liberals love Pelosi because when reviewing her comments even the most delusional liberal can feel sane.
GREAT POST!! When will the People wake-up and Realize that Nancy is a ROTTEN NUT. Time for her to go to a NUT House.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#137 Aug 5, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at what Nanny Bloomberg tried to pull in your state. Good thing the people got rid of him.
From Trans Fats to salt, from salt to drink cup sizes, from drink cup sizes to candy bar sizes, from candy bar sizes to school lunch menus, liberal government is hell bent on treating their citizenry like pets instead of people. The sad part is some Americans want to be treated like pets. It's your standard Surrender First Americans leading the charge.
Exactly. And,you are right about that moron bloomberg. However,NYC has another dirtbag who is a known communist,and cuomo is a POS. If my husband and I weren't based in NY we would get the hell out.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#139 Aug 5, 2014
Teabilly Heaven wrote:
Unlike cuntservatives,that just let the companies rape their customers with never ending restriction and add ons that always cost you more money.
A little oversight is needed solo you don't know WTF your talking about. Just let the companies and corporations do what ever they want for the almighty dollar. Money has no life no soul so you go ahead and worship your money and screew everybody else. jackass!
Companies and corporations compete against each other which keeps their prices low.

We only have one government......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oregon Christian Bakers Wedding Cake Case Going... 2 min NE Jade 3
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min scientia potentia... 195,590
News Ohio police cadet won't be charged in other cad... 3 min Jill 1
News Trump too divisive, lacks prez temperament: Hil... 4 min EagleOne 39
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,375,325
News Kerry at G7: No apology for Hiroshima 7 min HNC 29
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 7 min Trumping On 517
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min WeDeserveBetter 381,669
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 26 min TerriB1 2,775
News Donald Trump, pictured, was labelled 'divisive,... 37 min PauldenZangpo0521 45
More from around the web