Ryan to Prep for Debates in Central Virginia - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and We...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan will be making an appearance in Albemarle County Tuesday night, and is expected to head to a house at Wintergreen Resort for debate prep.
Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Oct 3, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
local local

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

I'd like to see live coverage of this, like you did for the Obama rally.
Citizen of the USA

Troy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Welcome to Virginia, Paul.. I look forward to hearing you and Mitt both Thursday night at Expoland. Looking forward mostly to November 6th when I am able to vote for Mitt for President and you for VP. Hoooo Raaa. Then finally we will see change for the better in the white house.
TEX

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

local local wrote:
So would I my prayers are with Romney And Ryan to save the USA
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

local local wrote:
but please leave out the cost of security and traffic complaints coverage
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

heh wrote:
<quoted text>
but please leave out the cost of security and traffic complaints coverage
Oh, no...we need to know this, as people made an issue of it when Obama came here. It's only fair.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Citizen of the USA wrote:
Welcome to Virginia, Paul.. I look forward to hearing you and Mitt both Thursday night at Expoland. Looking forward mostly to November 6th when I am able to vote for Mitt for President and you for VP. Hoooo Raaa. Then finally we will see change for the better in the white house.
Remember, if Romney/Ryan are elected, they have only 2 years to fulfill their promises. Campaigns start a year in advance of the election, that means that if the public is not satisfied after 2 years, they will start looking for another candidate. Two years, that's all they will have.
central va marine

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Hey people of the press, don't forget to ask why Paul thinks there are 2 types of rape. Why he wants to eliminate all contraceptives for women. Why should low income women not not have the advantage of cancer screening. Why he thinks it is a good idea to cut the VA budget by 20%.

You know, easy questions he won't get during the debate. Oh, you may want to ask why children should not have preventive healthcare, and why he wants to, as Sarah said in the last GOP loss; "Why does he want to kill granny", through cutting Medicare and Medicaid?

Bet you don't ask any of these questions

Romney, Ryan, Eastwood; the very best the GOP has to offer

more to come
cvillerealist

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

central va marine wrote:
Hey people of the press, don't forget to ask why Paul thinks there are 2 types of rape. Why he wants to eliminate all contraceptives for women. Why should low income women not not have the advantage of cancer screening. Why he thinks it is a good idea to cut the VA budget by 20%.
You know, easy questions he won't get during the debate. Oh, you may want to ask why children should not have preventive healthcare, and why he wants to, as Sarah said in the last GOP loss; "Why does he want to kill granny", through cutting Medicare and Medicaid?
more to come
As far as I know Ryan has not said he wants to "eliminate all contraceptives for women." I think he said that taxpayers shouldn't be forced to pay for contraceptives used by people that can easily pay for them- such as law students at Ivy League universities.
John

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

There is no real difference between Obama and Romney. The criminal financial oligarchy that rules has chosen these two puppets. If you vote for Obama or Romney you are definitely throwing your vote away! Voting for any candidate other than the chosen two is the best choice. Wake up people!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Republicans are registering dead people in Florida to vote. Republicans are desperate. Now we know how they won elections in 2010.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Tony wrote:
Republicans are registering dead people in Florida to vote. Republicans are desperate. Now we know how they won elections in 2010.
this should compensate
http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/arti...
Skipd

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Tony, what is wrong with registering dead people? How will they be able to vote if they are not registered?

Next, you will want to see the dead persons ID....... how absurd!
Uphold Upholstry

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

central va marine wrote:
more to come
Hey! Dont forget the empty chair!
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

I'm so relieved that I know who's gonna win. I don't have to engage in arguments that lead to nowhere, suffer ridiculous insults, and watch useless debates. Support him or not, no matter, Obama wins by 3%.
wwtjdo

Lexington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

All these people who want obama to win again...tell me how you feel about the national debt...obama said on Letterman..I don't know what the debt is..it won't hurt in the short term...so if I'm re-elected I'll run it up to 20-21 million..then it'll destroy the us economy...if that happens..then what do we do..answer me...seriously.. in a civilized manner..what do we do then...the dollar will be worthless..our economy will be devastated..then what happens to all those poor people the democrats care so much about...they'll have absolutely nothing & no where to turn...too many people are uninformed on matters in this country..too many stupid people vote..thinking the great all powerful government can take care of them......."We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt.
We must make our election between economy and liberty
or profusion and servitude.
If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and
in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and
our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...
[we will] have no time to think,
no means of calling our miss-managers to account
but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves
to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers...
And this is the tendency of all human governments.
A departure from principle in one instance
becomes a precedent for [another ]...
till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery...
And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt.
Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." Thomas Jefferson
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

wwtjdo wrote:
All these people who want obama to win again...tell me how you feel about the national debt...
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/469156608...
Patty

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

local local wrote:
Fat chance of that happening!!!!
Liberalace

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

central va marine wrote:
more to come
Obama, Biden, Clooney, Streisand, Chris Rock, Letterman, Maher, Lauer, Williams; the best the Bedwetters have to offer.(Please, Mr. Boat Fixerupper, don't attempt to invoke entertainment celebrities' names into the equation. The Dems' list will be longer than the list of Biden misstatements.)

BTW, two items, Central Va Marine:
1) There is no such thing as "very best." It is best, that is sufficient.
2) When is my boat going to be finished? I left it with you three months ago for a hull resurfacing and have not heard from you.

R.I.P.: Todie Fields
Colt 45

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Well thank goodness it's foggy this morning,at least he won't be able to see Russia from there.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

this debates for you

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2012/10/debat...

http://www.debates.org/

brought to you by the king of beers

limited participants, format, questions, and just like our elected officials, sponsored by corporate insterests, all staged to perpetuate our broken system

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••