Why Obama's post-election bounce won't endear him to Republicans | Harry J Enten

Dec 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Guardian Unlimited

We knew Obama would get an approval rise on the heels of his re-election, but it probably won't help him politically President Barack Obama has received a bump in his job approval figures.

Comments
1 - 20 of 187 Comments Last updated Dec 17, 2012
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

5

4

4

The right-wingers racist hearts will never allow them to endear the Black President. Their unpatriotic words and behavior over the last 4 years is exactly why they lost so badly on November 6th. But the best part is knowing that during Obama’s first term Americans enemies were either killed, as in the case of Osama bin Laden and Muammar Qaddafi, or taken out of the mainstream public airwaves, Glen Beck and Andrew Breitbart, or lost advertisers, radio station and credibility, Rush Limbaugh and fox news.

That landslide victory with a massive mandate is a hard thing for the unpatriotic tea-baggers to get over, but at least we get to wallow in their misery, LOL!
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Oh, please We can no longer believe in our polling system. The polls say what ever we want to hear now.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Poor republicants ate up all that momentum nonsense and came to a screeching loser stop on election day! LOLL
individuals in 2013

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Obama’s first term has been a complete failure
fatbacks x

Gillette, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why is it that repugs can only figure out s--t after it happens?
Ex-GOPCon

Cotati, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

individuals in 2013 wrote:
Obama’s first term has been a complete failure
a failure for the Anti-American GOP TEA Party RINOs.

for Americans it has been a success to see jobs coming back.

Sorry---you can keep wishing for the country to fail but it isn't going to happen so long as we can keep you RINOs from getting a full control of congress and the white house again.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Lol. That was the most ridiculously boring and meaningless article I have ever quickly scanned and discarded.

One part that did catch my attention was where he says, "Obama has managed to remain relatively scandal-free". Well when the media "manages" such things it is a breeze.

When you can just slide right past the subject of your pastor screaming like a madman "Goddamn America!!!!" and simulating sodomy at the pulpit and when you can say the president does not have the authority to unilaterally attack a country that is not an imminent threat to the US and then turn around and do it anyway and when you can say you don't have the authority to grant deportation waivers and then you turn around and do it anyway - I mean, if that's not worthy of "scandal" then you are certainly a protected fellow.

I love it. If the media doesn't care about it then it doesn't exist. Should make for a great near future.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Village Mystery wrote:
Lol. That was the most ridiculously boring and meaningless article I have ever quickly scanned and discarded.
One part that did catch my attention was where he says, "Obama has managed to remain relatively scandal-free". Well when the media "manages" such things it is a breeze.
When you can just slide right past the subject of your pastor screaming like a madman "Goddamn America!!!!" and simulating sodomy at the pulpit and when you can say the president does not have the authority to unilaterally attack a country that is not an imminent threat to the US and then turn around and do it anyway and when you can say you don't have the authority to grant deportation waivers and then you turn around and do it anyway - I mean, if that's not worthy of "scandal" then you are certainly a protected fellow.
I love it. If the media doesn't care about it then it doesn't exist. Should make for a great near future.
the media DOES care about it...THAT'S why there are no scandals...
had obama been treated like everyone else, he never would have made it past iowa. between the rev wright debacle, the rezko paying for his house fiasco, the bill ayers association, and my personal favorite, the "typical white woman" comment about his grandmother, the media should have buried that inept poser 5 years ago!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

btw, notice the "liberal" posts....i always thought liberalism stood for open-minded acceptance, tolerance and fairness...

look how wrong i was.
Mr Big Bad Joh Roberts

Chapin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

individuals in 2013 wrote:
Obama’s first term has been a complete failure
Yo' pissface, all that matters is the president was re-elected and Romney sucked. I love 4 more years of you stupid RepubliCOON yard monkeys whining about the Black man being the most powerful man in the world.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Big Bad Joh Roberts

Chapin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

carey529 wrote:
btw, notice the "liberal" posts....i always thought liberalism stood for open-minded acceptance, tolerance and fairness...
look how wrong i was.
Yo' pissface, the only thing open with you stupid COONservative yard monkeys is the space between your ears.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Ray

Lincoln City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Obama lost Republicans when he and the Demoloons forced through the unconstitutional and terrible Obamacare law.
Mr Big Bad John Roberts

Chapin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 8, 2012
 
Ray wrote:
Obama lost Republicans when he and the Demoloons forced through the unconstitutional and terrible Obamacare law.
The Black president won the election you stupid COONservative dumbf'k. He does not need approval from racist Republiklans like you boy.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The right-wingers racist hearts will never allow them to endear the Black President. Their unpatriotic words and behavior over the last 4 years is exactly why they lost so badly on November 6th. But the best part is knowing that during Obama’s first term Americans enemies were either killed, as in the case of Osama bin Laden and Muammar Qaddafi, or taken out of the mainstream public airwaves, Glen Beck and Andrew Breitbart, or lost advertisers, radio station and credibility, Rush Limbaugh and fox news.
That landslide victory with a massive mandate is a hard thing for the unpatriotic tea-baggers to get over, but at least we get to wallow in their misery, LOL!
Massive mandate???? RFLMAO.........2% win of popular vote, house stays republican, no change in senate and 30 republican governorships..more than anytime in US history is not a mandate, moron.

OBL was found with Bush's policies.....you'll have to live with that...obama does..
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
the media DOES care about it...THAT'S why there are no scandals...
had obama been treated like everyone else, he never would have made it past iowa. between the rev wright debacle, the rezko paying for his house fiasco, the bill ayers association, and my personal favorite, the "typical white woman" comment about his grandmother, the media should have buried that inept poser 5 years ago!
Yes, "If the media doesn't expose it...." would have been more accurate.

Also, this leftist monstrosities of today have nothing to do with liberalism. Funny how the "liberals" were always those who considered government's main role was to protect inherent Individual Rights and that private property was fundamental to these Rights and then the leftists came along and said that no, liberalism is about the "good of the many" and that "private property" is an affront to the REAL rights of people.

These creatures today are just are merely products from some leftist political laboratory that can take a derivative of the word, "Liberty" and define it as being central authoritarian.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Mr Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>The Black president won the election you stupid COONservative dumbf'k. He does not need approval from racist Republiklans like you boy.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
More brilliant progressive intelligent debate...

Must've road the short bus!!!!!!!

He does need approval from congress, stupid. It's in the constitutiion..........the republican house was re-elected that stopped nobummer and pelosi's spendathon in 2010.
Scooter

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The right-wingers racist hearts will never allow them to endear the Black President. Their unpatriotic words and behavior over the last 4 years is exactly why they lost so badly on November 6th. But the best part is knowing that during Obama’s first term Americans enemies were either killed, as in the case of Osama bin Laden and Muammar Qaddafi, or taken out of the mainstream public airwaves, Glen Beck and Andrew Breitbart, or lost advertisers, radio station and credibility, Rush Limbaugh and fox news.
That landslide victory with a massive mandate is a hard thing for the unpatriotic tea-baggers to get over, but at least we get to wallow in their misery, LOL!
Until the 'Right' learns how to go low and play the race card, the sex card, the class card, or the homo card they will never win. It seems to be working for the lefties.
It is just that I would rather be honorable and fair minded than pond scum.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Obama needs the approval of the House, and Senate. The House won't give him everything he wants. He won't get an unlimited debt ceiling, and the Senate will likely turn him down as well since they have voted down every budget he pretended to need. Even Democrats voted against him in the Senate. We don't have a King. He just thinks he is King. So funny.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

individuals in 2013 wrote:
Obama’s first term has been a complete failure
You wish.

He got reelected, in case you didn't know. By a 4 million vote majority.

How's life inside the Fox News Propaganda Bubble?
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the 'Right' learns how to go low and play the race card, the sex card, the class card, or the homo card they will never win. It seems to be working for the lefties.
It is just that I would rather be honorable and fair minded than pond scum.
Republicans have been trying all those things
and look what happened. They got creamed.

The seven Republican morons who were spouting all that nonsense
about rape got beaten. What a bunch of jerkwads!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 4 min flyhiely 1,530
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 4 min EdmondWA 469
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 4 min Truth 1,789
Atheist group may sue over Fla. county invocation 5 min Cordwainer Trout 35
Paul hits Clinton's 'shoot first' Syria policy 5 min Gary 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min EasyEed 1,099,659
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Freespirit8 255,723
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Commietator 151,068
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min TurkanaBoy 115,005
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr WelbyMD 1,313
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••