U.S. court asked to invalidate Obama recess appointments

Dec 5, 2012 Full story: Reuters 51

Businesses and Senate Republicans forced a courtroom showdown with President Barack Obama on Wednesday, asking a federal appeals court to invalidate his surprise appointments to a labor board in January.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Sure, Federal Appeals Courts dictate Presidential appointments all the time.
YourEx

United States

#2 Dec 5, 2012
"At the time, the Senate was not officially in recess, meeting every few days for minutes at a time but accomplishing no work and with few senators present."
Sounds like
Business As Usual
For the 112th Congress

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
Sure, Federal Appeals Courts dictate Presidential appointments all the time.
When they are done out of his authority granted by the constitution. Please try to keep up.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Obama thinks he is annoited, not elected.

No 'Drama' Obama Wants to Raise 'Debt Limit Without Drama or Delay'...
'I will not play that game'...Obama: You won’t pull the constitution on me……I won’t stand for it.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#6 Dec 5, 2012
Repubbies trying to do an end run around the legislative process while blaming Obama. No surprises here, they're all hypocrities. If they held the White House and Dems tried to do this, they'd scream to high heaven.

Repubs are not confirming ANYONE nominated by the President, they clearly are unwilling to do the job they were elected to Congress to do. They've become mere obstructionists, and have given up being legislators.

A shame to America.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#7 Dec 5, 2012
au contraire wrote:
Obama thinks he is annoited, not elected.
No 'Drama' Obama Wants to Raise 'Debt Limit Without Drama or Delay'...
'I will not play that game'...Obama: You won’t pull the constitution on me……I won’t stand for it.
Stick to the subject. Why aren't Repubs even voting on Obama nominations, as the Constitution says they should do?

Just vote. What're you afraid of?

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#8 Dec 5, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>When they are done out of his authority granted by the constitution. Please try to keep up.
Please don't pretend you care about the COnstitution, not when the GOP won't confirm or even vote on Obama nominations. You're being hypocritical.
conservative crapola

Reading, PA

#9 Dec 5, 2012
au contraire wrote:
dead teaturd alert.
KJBP

Carol Stream, IL

#10 Dec 5, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to the subject. Why aren't Repubs even voting on Obama nominations, as the Constitution says they should do?
Just vote. What're you afraid of?
I suggest you look at the history of the last 30 years you will find that both sides are guilty of the same things. Democrats held up appointments for Reagon and both Bushes, republicans for Clinton and Obama. However the numbers were actually higher for both Bushes than for Clinton or Obama.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#11 Dec 5, 2012
KJBP wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you look at the history of the last 30 years you will find that both sides are guilty of the same things. Democrats held up appointments for Reagon and both Bushes, republicans for Clinton and Obama. However the numbers were actually higher for both Bushes than for Clinton or Obama.
The "both sides do it" argument doesn't cut the mustard with me. I suggest that you instead address the damage done to the country, to the courts and other appointed posts, and to trust in government which these actions cause.

And while you're at it, the end-run around Congress which is the subject of this thread.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Dec 5, 2012
But did the GOP line up a republican judge who will rule the way they want regardless of the law/constitution?
KJBP

Carol Stream, IL

#14 Dec 5, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The "both sides do it" argument doesn't cut the mustard with me. I suggest that you instead address the damage done to the country, to the courts and other appointed posts, and to trust in government which these actions cause.
And while you're at it, the end-run around Congress which is the subject of this thread.
I could not care less what you think- you are no one to me. You are only someone in your own mind.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#15 Dec 5, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
Repubbies trying to do an end run around the legislative process while blaming Obama. No surprises here, they're all hypocrities. If they held the White House and Dems tried to do this, they'd scream to high heaven.
Repubs are not confirming ANYONE nominated by the President, they clearly are unwilling to do the job they were elected to Congress to do. They've become mere obstructionists, and have given up being legislators.
A shame to America.
Delusional, distortion and denigrate. The liberal's Saul Alinsky bot kit.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16 Dec 5, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
But did the GOP line up a republican judge who will rule the way they want regardless of the law/constitution?
Yes, Obama appointed them.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Dec 5, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Obama appointed them.
Yea, Obama appoints a lot of republicans. He even had Petreaus as head of the CIA. Where could a republican do more damage than that?

Obama should have changed his political affiliation to republican before the election. He caves to their every whim.
Liberals r jealous

Rochester, MN

#21 Dec 5, 2012
Just invalidate Obama

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#22 Dec 5, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
dead teaturd alert.
Too late. One of them is stuck on my shoe.
Liberals r jealous

Rochester, MN

#23 Dec 5, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, Obama appoints a lot of republicans. He even had Petreaus as head of the CIA. Where could a republican do more damage than that?
Obama should have changed his political affiliation to republican before the election. He caves to their every whim.
Lets face the fact that this Obama really isnt anything, he most likely isnt even an American
He certainly doesnt have American value's
and he never once even tried to join the US Military

“Historic American Greatness”

Since: Jun 07

The President & his AG

#24 Dec 5, 2012
The right is continuing its hissy-fit because they lost to the Black guy… a second time… in a landslide… with a mandate, to continue to recess appoint whomever he wants.

DEAL WITH IT, LOL!
YourEx

United States

#25 Dec 5, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, Obama appoints a lot of republicans. He even had Petreaus as head of the CIA. Where could a republican do more damage than that?
Obama should have changed his political affiliation to republican before the election. He caves to their every whim.
Then the Dems could have had the
Rmoneycare Candidate
And everything would have made
Much
More sense....;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top Presidential Candidate Says Anarchy May For... 2 min Memo From Turner 1
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 2 min Here Is One 498
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 2 min obama crime syndi... 11,130
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,114,957
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,337
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min NTRPRNR1 265,428
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 5 min Tiredofyou 3,177
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min The Dude 117,319

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE