Supreme Court prepares to take on health care law

Nov 13, 2011 Full story: Deseret News 34

Supreme Court justices appear poised to thrust themselves and the Obama administration's signature health care law smack into the middle of the 2012 election.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
discount air

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#1 Nov 13, 2011
Obamath won again! ;-0
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#2 Nov 13, 2011
The danger we have in the Judiciary is the inflitration of the Republican ALEC judge.

All judges in the confirmation hearing should be questioned to their involvement (or family involvement) with the NAZI Party, the John Birch Society, ALEC or any other organization that would attempt to deny civil rights or Constitutional provisions (such as the Republican Party.

Forced mind drugging by the court based on the Mental Health Industry (with no science)is a clear indication of those that would distroy our Republic

The Republican Private PrIson System is a clear danger. The government taxation and new laws to violate would be contrary to our idolozgy.

Get the Republicans out of political office.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Nov 13, 2011
Kennedy will vote with the liberals and Obama wins again!
realist

Greensboro, NC

#4 Nov 13, 2011
Will disrespect come back with a bang. Naw, unfortunately it will appear that way when the law is smackdowned.

“Here we go!”

Since: Feb 07

Tampa, FL

#5 Nov 13, 2011
I think the Justices- left and right- are getting tired of the Executive Branch 'advising' them how to review cases.

Kennedy voting with the liberal block of the Supreme Court isn't a foregone conclusion. There is an excellent case to be made that the individual mandate is a violation of the Constitution. I'm sure he'll listen, ask questions and make a well thought out ruling.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Nov 13, 2011
Eron wrote:
I think the Justices- left and right- are getting tired of the Executive Branch 'advising' them how to review cases.
Kennedy voting with the liberal block of the Supreme Court isn't a foregone conclusion. There is an excellent case to be made that the individual mandate is a violation of the Constitution. I'm sure he'll listen, ask questions and make a well thought out ruling.
Me too, just before he votes with the 4 liberal justices to uphold the individual mandate.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 13, 2011
i would like to see the health care act repealed but here are my thoughts for what they are worth.you might recall john roberts became chief justice and later down the road he swore in obama!! nothing radical there but within days of jan 20 roberts attended a private dinner in the resident quarters!! that brought up a mild alarm to me!! a stronger alarm recently is the corzine fiasco which several days ago paniced over a missing 600 plus million dollars!! a day later the figure was over a much larger amount!! then over 1000 employees were fired!! unknown to all but a few outside the beltway 600 plus million reappeared but then we hear that yes the 600 plus million exists but it is not 600 million which becomes a part of the latest announced much larger amount!! let me add that 600 million plus was stolen from the treasury by persons unknown!! 600 million plus shows up in secret "slush funds" reportedly and the accounts are reportedly in the names of john roberts - barack obama and michelle obama - the obama children - several judges - plus more!! so- we have 600 million plus out there untouchable!! i'm getting a headache so let me make my observation in the guise in which i started!! unless someone gets "religion" the mandate and all of those thousands of pages that "had to be voted on in order to see what you got!!" in short -- slush funds are genrally doled out for "services rendered"!! that is my take - what's yours??
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#8 Nov 13, 2011
HumanSpirit wrote:
The danger we have in the Judiciary is the inflitration of the Republican ALEC judge.
All judges in the confirmation hearing should be questioned to their involvement (or family involvement) with the NAZI Party, the John Birch Society, ALEC or any other organization that would attempt to deny civil rights or Constitutional provisions (such as the Republican Party.
Forced mind drugging by the court based on the Mental Health Industry (with no science)is a clear indication of those that would distroy our Republic
The Republican Private PrIson System is a clear danger. The government taxation and new laws to violate would be contrary to our idolozgy.
Get the Republicans out of political office.
What a loon.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 Nov 13, 2011
The American People can easily see obamacare is unconstitutional and know it was shoved down their throats. If you think the sudden increase to $4.00 plus a gallon gasoline was bad on the economy you have not seen nothing when people are forced to pay insurance premiums on top of other household expenses.
It's past time for obama and the democRat Party to go...Enough of bill ayers' marxist obamanation destroying America.
true

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Nov 13, 2011
Its unconstitutional and he should be tried for treason

Since: Feb 09

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, just before he votes with the 4 liberal justices to uphold the individual mandate.
You have Government provided health Insurance, why do you care?
Duke of doubt

Owensboro, KY

#12 Nov 14, 2011
I doubt very much that obama was born in America. I have a doubt that this obama care is for his consideration for all us Americans. What obama needs to do is take that health care law of his and SHOVE IT!!!!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#13 Nov 15, 2011
Duke of doubt wrote:
I doubt very much that obama was born in America. I have a doubt that this obama care is for his consideration for all us Americans. What obama needs to do is take that health care law of his and SHOVE IT!!!!
duke - you can give up the doubt or just reconcile that obama was born in america and is natural born!! you might as well get used to the fact that disclosure is imminent!! obama was apparently born in nyc in october of 1959!! i can - but will not reveal his dad or his son's name!! he was named by his father a muslim and a dark figure in america's past!! who you know as obama would never have become pres if his father was revealed and that is the reason for all the hoopla!! i know - i know it's all b.s. i am used to it so i just reveal and that ends it!! believe what you will as history will bear out the truth in time!!
Duke of doubt

Owensboro, KY

#14 Nov 15, 2011
pythias07 wrote:
<quoted text>duke - you can give up the doubt or just reconcile that obama was born in america and is natural born!! you might as well get used to the fact that disclosure is imminent!! obama was apparently born in nyc in october of 1959!! i can - but will not reveal his dad or his son's name!! he was named by his father a muslim and a dark figure in america's past!! who you know as obama would never have become pres if his father was revealed and that is the reason for all the hoopla!! i know - i know it's all b.s. i am used to it so i just reveal and that ends it!! believe what you will as history will bear out the truth in time!!
So you think that everyone is just suppose to take your word for it and have no proof whatsoever ? Dude get a life! Anyone can forge a document at any time anywhere. you have no proof that obama was born in nyc. He was just on tv not too long ago saying he was born in Hawaii so what does that tell you? I dont take information on this web site to be true statements much less from you. you are just speculating and giving personal opinion and you can judge me if it makes you happy if you want to just like all the other cowards that judge on here. I am THE DUKE OF DOUBT and i approve this message.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Nov 15, 2011
sigrid wrote:
<quoted text>
You have Government provided health Insurance, why do you care?
I care because those Americans who choose not to buy health insurance drive up the costs for EVERYONE when they need healthcare and end up in the E.R. for every minor illness they have.
true

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Nov 15, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I care because those Americans who choose not to buy health insurance drive up the costs for EVERYONE when they need healthcare and end up in the E.R. for every minor illness they have.
Illegals cost over 325 billion a year in free healthcare the government figures(which means probably hirer) maybe cutting them off first might help considering that comes to like little over 100,000 per person who is a real citizen
discount air

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#17 Nov 15, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegals cost over 325 billion a year in free healthcare the government figures(which means probably hirer) maybe cutting them off first might help considering that comes to like little over 100,000 per person who is a real citizen
does Illegals buy gas or pay bills!!! the Corp. make $$$$.then pay! so how do U think free? U think harder into the system not watch TV or listen the talker 2much True, VAer!!! ;)
true

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Nov 15, 2011
discount air wrote:
<quoted text>
does Illegals buy gas or pay bills!!! the Corp. make $$$$.then pay! so how do U think free? U think harder into the system not watch TV or listen the talker 2much True, VAer!!! ;)
Illegals are here allowed by government for one reason
To drivedown wages get rid of middle class and divide our country its in the publicdocuments of the elite rich on how to run things
so take yo fat uglyasz smelly white chick self that no brother or a white man would have and move to mexihole with yo ancors and smelly illegals you harbor, ooops im sorry for exposing you
realist

Greensboro, NC

#19 Nov 15, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I care because those Americans who choose not to buy health insurance drive up the costs for EVERYONE when they need healthcare and end up in the E.R. for every minor illness they have.
How can the govt. make an illegal who is already breaking the law obey a healthcare law ?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Nov 15, 2011
realist wrote:
<quoted text>How can the govt. make an illegal who is already breaking the law obey a healthcare law ?
Once everyone is required to have health insurance then hospitals can start refusing service to those without insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Tony Rome 1,126,438
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min jacques Ottawa 179,352
Bachmann Gets Security Detail After Isis T... 5 min Foster 50
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Abondondolla 270,375
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 158,885
5 Reasons why global warming also known as clim... 7 min Fair Game 67
Dems want White House shakeup 7 min RayOne 211
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min messianic114 121,155
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 15 min Your Ex 121
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 19 min INFIDEL 1,563

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE