Manchin: Gun Bill To Be Reintroduced

Manchin: Gun Bill To Be Reintroduced

There are 107 comments on the WKXW-FM Trenton story from Apr 28, 2013, titled Manchin: Gun Bill To Be Reintroduced. In it, WKXW-FM Trenton reports that:

Sen. Joe Manchin on Sunday said he would re-introduce a measure that would require criminal and mental health background checks for gun buyers at shows and online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKXW-FM Trenton.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#104 May 7, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
When do you think the Democrats will reintroduce the Gun Control bill?
A better question is 'Did the senators who voted against a proposal last week to expand background checks on gun buyers take an electoral risk?' With over 90% of Americans wanting some kind of gun sanity to seep into the knuckledraggers N.R.A. whores' skulls in Congress , it sure looks like it. For example, Kelly Ayotte(R-N.H.)(Mitt Romney's early VP hopeful before he chose Paul Ryan)is fighting for her political life even calling the political opposition ' liars'. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) is continuing to defend herself after voting against the Manchin-Toomey amendment "Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) defended her vote against a background check amendment in an op-ed published Monday in the Seacoast Online, just before her vote came under fire in a new television ad put out by Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

"Out-of-state special interests are running false ads attacking me and even lying about my efforts to prevent gun-related violence," she wrote. "I want to set the record straight: I support effective background checks and in fact voted recently to improve the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)."

Ayotte's op-ed was published just before Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the group backed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, launched a new ad criticizing the senator's vote against the Manchin-Toomey amendment that would have expanded background checks to gun shows and Internet sales. Americans For Responsible Solutions, the group launched by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), also announced in April that it would run radio ads targeting Ayotte's vote against Manchin-Toomey. " Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/06/kell...
CTM

United States

#105 May 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> A better question is 'Did the senators who voted against a proposal last week to expand background checks on gun buyers take an electoral risk?' With over 90% of Americans wanting some kind of gun sanity to seep into the knuckledraggers N.R.A. whores' skulls in Congress , it sure looks like it. For example, Kelly Ayotte(R-N.H.)(Mitt Romney's early VP hopeful before he chose Paul Ryan)is fighting for her political life even calling the political opposition ' liars'. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) is continuing to defend herself after voting against the Manchin-Toomey amendment "Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) defended her vote against a background check amendment in an op-ed published Monday in the Seacoast Online, just before her vote came under fire in a new television ad put out by Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
"Out-of-state special interests are running false ads attacking me and even lying about my efforts to prevent gun-related violence," she wrote. "I want to set the record straight: I support effective background checks and in fact voted recently to improve the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)."
Ayotte's op-ed was published just before Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the group backed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, launched a new ad criticizing the senator's vote against the Manchin-Toomey amendment that would have expanded background checks to gun shows and Internet sales. Americans For Responsible Solutions, the group launched by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), also announced in April that it would run radio ads targeting Ayotte's vote against Manchin-Toomey. " Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/06/kell...
.......They do lie. Your repeating the "90%" lie will never make it true. Ever think that Blumenthal put that "victim" up there for drama? At this point they are getting paid to push the agenda of a very crooked politician. Don't you think from a political standpoint that another democRat in the Northeast would make it easier to control this area? Gee, maybe it's a s simple as get rid of the Republican and the crooked democRats could fill another state with a garbage dump. Don't look for any of that in the news though, the politicians are running the propaganda machine. Blumenthals father-in-law actually owns a lot of it along with a few other jews. Ever hear of Bloomberg?
Cat74

United States

#106 May 8, 2013
The NRA has 5,000,000 members. They have nearly doubled their membership since 2009. That means they have voters in every state, and enough money to buy as many Congressmen, as the Unions can buy. We already have background checks, and they don't enforce the laws. The 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights is the law, and there is not a damn thing they can do about it even if they wanted to. By the way, if you check you will see some Democrats voted with the Republicans to kill that gun control bill. So bring it up again, water it down, You still won't have the 60 voted needed to pass it.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#107 May 8, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The NRA has 5,000,000 members. They have nearly doubled their membership since 2009. That means they have voters in every state, and enough money to buy as many Congressmen, as the Unions can buy. We already have background checks, and they don't enforce the laws. The 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights is the law, and there is not a damn thing they can do about it even if they wanted to. By the way, if you check you will see some Democrats voted with the Republicans to kill that gun control bill. So bring it up again, water it down, You still won't have the 60 voted needed to pass it.
5,000,000 and COUNTING.... Read this somewhere. The number of ARs in private hands is around 4-5 MILLION and growing. Thats ALMOST as many as ALL our combined armed forces have...... Hmmmmm..... Rut-roh scooby. Thats NOT including M-1s,M-1As,M-1 Carbines,AKs,SKSs,FNs,ect. Ya think some folks *might* be thinking they're more all THAT than they are with their gun control bullsh1t? Right now I'd be willing to wager that in PRIVATE hands there is ALMOST as much ammo in PRIVATE hands as damn near in gov't war stocks. Or pretty close. THAT worries a Party with designs of becoming a ruling political Elite.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#108 May 8, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You do know that you've devised an argument for gum control ;don't you? If you already have background checks on the books and i has not led to any violations of second amendment rights of law abiding gun owners then there is no reason to oppose stronger background checks, restrictions on high caliber ammo that most hunters don't even need or like,and keep criminals from getting their hands on illegally bought guns(help the police by getting illegal guns off the streets with buyback/destruction programs--go after the 3% of illegal gun sellers and make the gun market safer for the other 97% of lawful gun sellers. It makes economic and moral sense to go after the bad guys and help the do-goodies. Simple enough for you?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#109 May 8, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You do know that you've devised an argument for gum control ;don't you? If you already have background checks on the books and i has not led to any violations of second amendment rights of law abiding gun owners then there is no reason to oppose stronger background checks, restrictions on high caliber ammo that most hunters don't even need or like,and keep criminals from getting their hands on illegally bought guns(help the police by getting illegal guns off the streets with buyback/destruction programs--go after the 3% of illegal gun sellers and make the gun market safer for the other 97% of lawful gun sellers. It makes economic and moral sense to go after the bad guys and help the do-goodies. Simple enough for you?
I'm sorry,but what you just posted is a bunch of gobble-de-goop. Do you even realize what you posted? Read it again. An instance: High caliber ammunition. Do you HUNT? Restrictions on high caliber ammunition to hunter that DON'T need it? Are you f**king serious? Do you realize how STOOPID that sounds? Moreover how INHUMANE your suggestion is? PETA would be ALLLL over yore azz boy. How f**king stupid. RE-assess your position. You AIN'T all that bright.
Cat74

United States

#110 May 8, 2013
There are no reason for law abiding citizens not to own guns to protect themselves, and others against an over zealous, fascist, or communist government. The founding fathers envisioned Americans needing to protect itself against an ever growing government taking our rights quietly one by one.It is possible there is just such a government in our future. It is about being vigilant. We live under a Constitution that some of our politicians would like to forget. We cannot let them do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 min USA 14,929
News Chelsea Manning: a potent symbol for transgende... 3 min El illegal in pri... 20
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Susanm 1,481,961
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Quirky 409,687
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 234,286
News Being conservative is not being racist 12 min SobieskiSavedEurope 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Just call me ABE 2 256,502
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 hr True Judgment 4,740
News Actors, mayors rally at inauguration eve Trump ... 1 hr gwww 36
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 1 hr no bitchassness a... 148
More from around the web